Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? (2216 Views)

Photo: Syrian Migrants Push Away African Refugees From Boat / After Suspension: Would You Fly Dana Air ? / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? by patostation(m): 10:31am On Jan 12, 2013
I came across this picture of a Nigerian? airline aircraft being pushed manually. I have not ceased to wonder if an aircraft can be pushed-started like a Danfo bus at Ojuegba. At first I could not come to grips with such a possibility but seeing how frequent planes crash in Nigeria has made me to start to have a rethink. Can an aircraft be push-started? Can you fly a plane if you knew they've been pushing it? Take a look.

Re: Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? by Adufaye(m): 10:34am On Jan 12, 2013
eh! Am i mad?

1 Like

Re: Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? by GreenJ(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2013
Are they pushing it to start, and have u ever seen 1 b4?
Re: Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? by patostation(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
GreenJ: Are they pushing it to start, and have u ever seen 1 b4?

Maybe out of the hanger but people crack a lot of jokes regarding these things lately. But na Naija we dey so o. Anything can happen or are you a learner? At least, seeing is believing.
Re: Can You Fly In A Push-started Plane? by omega25red(m): 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
poster im sure they are just moving the plane because they didnt have the tow vehicle to move the plane. if you are by the engine of a jet when it is starting you can get sucked into it's turbines.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

U.S And Canada Rejected Applicants. / I Need Some Information/advice About Relocating. / Holiday In La Casa Del Papa Resort- Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.