Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism (2529 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Pharisee? / The Tenacity Of Unreasonable Beliefs: Fundamentalism And The Fear Of Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2013
Illogicboy still falling hands grin
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2013
Ihedinobi: Illogicboy still falling hands grin

Ihedinobi, still supporting his master!
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by MrAnony1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are you following, Deepsight's failure? You really believe that Dawkins is silly? Note that there is a difference between being wrong and silly.

BTW, nice escape tactics.
Yawn....

Almost everyone who can string together a half decent argument knows that when it comes to logical reasoning, Dawkins is a layman. Much worse, he makes some of the silliest arguments I've seen when it comes to religion.

As a biologist, he is probably brilliant but when it comes to arguing about God, he is more or less a dunce. In the circle of philosophers, he is the equivalent of Kim Kardashian/Paris Hilton......All Noise and No Brilliance.
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by MrAnony1(m): 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ihedinobi, still supporting his master!
You mean just like you have been supporting your oga dawkins?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Yawn....

Almost everyone who can string together a half decent argument knows that when it comes to logical reasoning, Dawkins is a layman. Much worse, he makes some of the silliest arguments I've seen when it comes to religion.

As a biologist, he is probably brilliant but when it comes to arguing about God, he is more or less a dunce. In the circle of philosophers, he is the equivalent of Kim Kardashian/Paris Hilton......All Noise and No Brilliance.

Which philosophers? This is the hypocrisy and foolishness of the theist

Hypocrisy

Dinesh D'souza and William craig have been caught numerous times making fallacious statements- especially Dinesh D'souza with outright lies for religion. One example was where Dinesh claimed that religious people are more likely to be charitable while citing a debunked study- he was corrected live by a member of the audience.

These people are among the most popular christian apologists in the world. Has Anony Ever addressed their numerous fallacies? No. Al he can do is is misrepresent Dawkins well explained thinking on religion.

I am an atheist and I have admiited to Anony's face that Dawkins is a better lecturer than debater. Still, Dawkins makes some excellent points. I have also explained to Anony's face that Sam Harris (another atheist debater) didnt directly address William Craigs points in the debate (this is due to Sam Harris points generally are the opposite of Craig's as a rebuttal)

Foolishness

Dawkins makes clear arguments on religion. Very lucid. It is one thing to say that he is wrong on religion but to claim that his religious arguments are foolish is of the highest arrogance of a religious theist.

Dawkins does not use threats or condemn people to hell to make his points. He didnt cite false statistics like Dinesh D'souza. He didnt run away from atheism like how William Craig ran away from defending his bible God on morality.

Dawkins advanced an argument that all arguments leading to God are false because God by nature is impossible. The logic behind it is very clear. As a scientist, what can not be observed or measured or contradicts known scientific laws are not going to be believed in. How are you going to make an argument for something that has no evidence and contradicts known scientific knowledge?
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by mazaje(m): 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:
About the historicicity of Christ? Are you sure you really watched that video?

Sorry, got you wrong. . .I was referring to his account of things(Visions, encounter with Jesus etc). Paul actually does not say much about the earthly Jesus. Just very few references here and there which to me are sometimes confusing. . .But any way I am not one of those that believe that the Jesus character never lived. . .I believe that there was a person behind the legend that as there was a person behind the Mohammed legend. . .
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:

n
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by mazaje(m): 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hypocrisy

Dinesh D'souza and William craig have been caught numerous times making fallacious statements- especially Dinesh D'souza with outright lies for religion. One example was where Dinesh claimed that religious people are more likely to be charitable while citing a debunked study- he was corrected live by a member of the audience.

These people are among the most popular christian apologists in the world. Has Anony Ever addressed their numerous fallacies? No. Al he can do is is misrepresent Dawkins well explained thinking on religion.

I am an atheist and I have admiited to Anony's face that Dawkins is a better lecturer than debater. Still, Dawkins makes some excellent points. I have also explained to Anony's face that Sam Harris (another atheist debater) didnt directly address William Craigs points in the debate (this is due to Sam Harris points generally are the opposite of Craig's as a rebuttal)

Foolishness

Dawkins makes clear arguments on religion. Very lucid. It is one thing to say that he is wrong on religion but to claim that his religious arguments are foolish is of the highest arrogance of a religious theist.

Dawkins does not use threats or condemn people to hell to make his points. He didnt cite false statistics like Dinesh D'souza. He didnt run away from atheism like how William Craig ran away from defending his bible God on morality.

Dawkins advanced an argument that all arguments leading to God are false because God by nature is impossible. The logic behind it is very clear. As a scientist, what can not be observed or measured or contradicts known scientific laws are not going to be believed in. How are you going to make an argument for something that has no evidence and contradicts known scientific knowledge?

Dinesh D'souza is a right wing nut job that makes a living off telling lies(His latest movie about Obama). . .William Craig is just a smooth dubious liar that actually stands for nothing, if saying parts of the bible are not true will make him win debates he will say it(he has said similar ridiculous things in the past). . .
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicb, how many times do you need to be told that dawkins is a baby atheist?
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:

Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
mazaje:

Dinesh D'souza is a right wing nut job that makes a living off telling lies(His latest movie about Obama). . .William Craig is just a smooth dubious liar that actually stands for nothing, if saying parts of the bible are not true will make him win debates he will say it(he has said similar ridiculous things in the past). . .

lol....They have both been caught lying so many times that I have concluded that christians will side with anyone who is against atheists
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2013
Reyginus: Logicb, how many times do you need to be told that dawkins is a baby atheist?

Do you have to be told that there is nothing like a "baby atheist"?
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Do you have to be told that there is nothing like a "baby atheist"?

Wow! Let me in. I really want to.
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
Reyginus: Wow! Let me in. I really want to know.

Go troll somewhere else
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Go troll somewhere else
Lol. Keep falling your hands.:-P
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by F00028: 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
Mr_Anony:
...As a biologist, he is probably brilliant but when it comes to arguing about God, he is more or less a dunce. In the circle of philosophers, he is the equivalent of Kim Kardashian/Paris Hilton......All Noise and No Brilliance.
not taking any prisioners today, are you, Anony?

yes, logic I've been following from the beginning.
Re: The Difference Between Reasonable And Unreasonable Skepticism by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2013
F00028:
not taking any prisioners today, are you, Anony?

yes, logic I've been following from the beginning.

So, what do you think about my reply to Anony?

Logicboy03:

Hypocrisy

Foolishness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bought Verified And Numbered - BVN? / 12 Prayer Points For People In Authority (our Leaders) / Are The Yoruba Ancestors Cuthans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.