Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,521 members, 7,847,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court (14497 Views)

Tinubu And Dokpesi Settle Libel Suit Out Of Court / Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo / Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by ujchief(m): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2013
Long live the General. I wish my brothers here from the SE will remove religious and tribal sentiments and vote the right person to fix this cesspit of a country.
I'm looking forward to the merger that will bring forth a new political party that will wrestle power out from this pdp cult.
Keep the dream alive sir, u just need 25% vote from my state, i'll personally campaigne for u down here.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by muut2: 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
Wadeoye:

Our xtian brothers and sisters in the south are the noise makers especially those from SE. May God save us from them - any statement from northern political activists/leader who are looking to better the lot of their people is termed by our southern brothers as inflammatory.

I am a Christian and from the south, GMB has been my candidate for the presidency because of his integrity and love for his fatherland.
The issue here is political and not religious, pls stop making a mountain from an ant-hill

1 Like

Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by manfred10(m): 10:39pm On Jan 13, 2013
tchaik: “You should never leave polling centres until polls are counted and the winner declared and you should lynch anybody that tries to tinker with the votes.”

The only viable way to save this Country!
And we should also ensure that thesame results announced at the polling centres are the ones announced by the returning officers or whoever announces the final results
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by Wadeoye(m): 10:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
muut2:

I am a Christian and from the south, GMB has been my candidate for the presidency because of his integrity and love for his fatherland.
The issue here is political and not religious, pls stop making a mountain from an ant-hill

Man, I also have a lot of xtians friends who are for Buhari but you only find them in South West. The reason I said "especially from SE". I am not generalizing but I know majority of the noise makers are igbos (all of whom are xtains).

1 Like

Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by nagoma(m): 11:04pm On Jan 13, 2013
Greatken007: I dont have any problem with any Nigerian coming out to contest for president but my problem is that Buhari is already 70 and he should be placed under Pention,and am stil wondering why my gud frnd OBJ cant rest,his recent actions is really killing his reputation

What pension when GEJ cannot guarantee pensioners their little monthly pays in his corruption based republic? Where are the pension funds?
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 14, 2013
Please, Buhari should go and sleep. We don't want him, that is simple enough. If he has anything to settle with Abati that is all left for him to do.
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by peruso: 4:28am On Jan 14, 2013
kokoA: "Buhari is a jihadist!", "Buhari is bokoharam", "Buhari is evil!", Buhari this! Buhari that!! They never get tired but when you ask them to offer one reasonable evident to prove these statements, they result to name calling.. Smh. We have many of them here on nairaland, people with little stands, they fall for any trash the government feed them with..

grin i"m just "heartbroken" at the number of "likes" to this comment
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by deb(m): 5:03am On Jan 14, 2013
veuttoutlemonde: Our people do not like the truth, Buhari still remains the only Nigerian former leader that has one house!!! The propaganda against him is because ¨pdp thieves know that he will send all of them to jail if he ever wins the presidency. What Nigerians need most now is to lock the tap, the tap of the Nigerian treasury needs to be locked. This was what Bakare saw that made him to run with Buhari in the last elections. Is Buhari the best out there? No not at all, but if he emerges again as a flagbearer, I think he is worth considering.

My people have refused to see your point. They have refused to realize that the only reason some of us voted Buhari is to see the likes of Obasanjo, IBB, Tinubu, Soludo, Bankole, Gbenga Daniel and all those thieves roaming freely on the street behind bars
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by joseph1832(m): 5:25am On Jan 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: This report is misleading and mischievous. How can one reconcile the headline: "Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court"
with the opening statement of the report : "The presidency has convinced former head of state General Muhammadu Buhari to settle out of court the libel suit"

Also how can one reconcile statements such as :
"But the lawyer to the first defendant (Abati), Dame Carol Ajie, declined to sign the document"
with the misleading conclusion that :

"The parties further agreed that Abati and The Guardian should retract and apologise to Buhari in certain form and contents"

How come the counsel of the same person that "begged" for out of court settlement now refuse to sign the out of court settlement document?

How can the parties "agree" when counsel to Abati did not sign the said document?

As far as I'm concerned, this scandalous report by Leadership news is a face saving ploy by Buhari.

As usual, I dont expect the apostles of Buhari to see these GLARING contradictions in the fallacious report.

They have in their characteristic manner, rolled out the drums to celebrate BROWN-ENVELOP-INDUCED and SCANDALOUS report.
"Face saving ploy by Buhari" Dude why would Buhari want to save face? Over what?

Sometimes I wonder the kind of homo sapien you are? As an inter locutor you sound very bright but sometimes I fail to understand your sense of reasoning and logic!

Look at your saviour GEJ and all the blunders he's been making since he became President! Imagine buying phones for farmers what does that tell you about him "clueless" I hesitate to say. And if he's so credible and full of integrity like you, Okupe, Abati and a host of others make us believe why doesn't he declare his assets?!

Only a man who has something to hide shy away from doing such! Atleast the Yar'Adua and Buhari you have so lampooned did so without scruples.

Mr Sincere 9gerian no offense, but am starting to believe your a paid GEJ supporter!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by 2fine2fast(m): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2013
RIBADU FOR PRESIDENT 2015
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by kennytidistar(m): 9:20am On Jan 14, 2013
joseph1832:
"Face saving ploy by Buhari" Dude why would Buhari want to save face? Over what?

Sometimes I wonder the kind of homo sapien you are? As an inter locutor you sound very bright but sometimes I fail to understand your sense of reasoning and logic!

Look at your saviour GEJ and all the blunders he's been making since he became President! Imagine buying phones for farmers what does that tell you about him "clueless" I hesitate to say. And if he's so credible and full of integrity like you, Okupe, Abati and a host of others make us believe why doesn't he declare his assets?!

Only a man who has something to hide shy away from doing such! Atleast the Yar'Adua and Buhari you have so lampooned did so without scruples.

Mr Sincere 9gerian no offense, but am starting to believe your a paid GEJ supporter!

please attack issues stop attacking "person". Attacking person is a sign of loosing strenght in a contest, if you know your point is valid let your point win you the medals and not the person you attack.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by blackbeau1(f): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2013
But he encouraged post-election violence
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by honeric01(m): 11:42am On Jan 14, 2013
black_beau: But he encouraged post-election violence

Proof?
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by joseph1832(m): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2013
kennytidistar:

please attack issues stop attacking "person". Attacking person is a sign of loosing strenght in a contest, if you know your point is valid let your point win you the medals and not the person you attack.
And who told you am in a "contest" with anybody? When I engage In a debate or agrguement I do so to learn not to gain or loose strength, the person in question is someone I enjoy reading his arguement and I respect him a lot for his doggedness!
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by kennytidistar(m): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
joseph1832:
And who told you am in a "contest" with anybody? When I engage In a debate or agrguement I do so to learn not to gain or loose strength, the person in question is someone I enjoy reading his arguement and I respect him a lot for his doggedness!

ok good to read this!
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by usoofdbest: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
pls tell them oh....
Maxymilliano:

I don't see anything inciting in what Buhari said, in Edo State, it was 'Rig and Roast' championed by the Comrade governor himself. Was Abati expecting him to have advised his followers to applaud any one caught tinkering with votes
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by usoofdbest: 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
we like am so....go and follow your retarded shoeless president of yours mumu
goodmike7:

Blind follower to a blind leader.
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by Demdem(m): 4:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):

After thorough and painstaking analysis of FREE13's brain, we found 15cl of Pap and 5cl of urine.

Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by egift(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
Abati go rewarded with appointment for lying against Buhari.
Re: Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Reno Omokri

Reuben Abati

Doyin Okukpe

Labaran Maku..

Top 4 liars in Nigeria!!!
more like highest paid liars in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kalu Now Tortured By Dss @live Broadcast / Facts And Documents Why Atiku Abubakar Can't Travel To America... Pictures / We Didn’t Pay A Dime To Free Dapchi Girls, FG Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.