Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (808682 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:58am On Apr 19, 2013
Dats gud 2 hear and am happy its nt ppt dey shift coz as he dey do me na 2mao i wan make we do d exam..
phtemie: cool thank God now...you ppts will be the one to give me report about those texts....God bless ojerinde and his crew for shifting the c.b.t..
funny man am sure u knw me 4 dat i wuld make sure u get all dis whole questns nt only txts bth govt crs and literature...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2013
Dis goes to adex, adex adex adex adex how many tym i call u... grin grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2013
phtemie:
yea...but with the way i'm looking at it..our quest will be different from yours.
yap it wuld be diff bt deir wuld be a slight similiarities...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2013
No plan to scrap NECO, UTME, Minister tells Senate

ABUJA—THE Federal Government,Thursday, said there were no plans to scrap the University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UMTE) andNational Examination Council (NECO) as being speculated, stressing that mischief makers were out to pitch the government against the people.
Speaking, yesterday, when he appeared before the Senate Committee on Education, led by SenatorUche Chukwumerije, PDP, Abia North, Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, said in politics, it was possible for people who might have issues with government to come up with how government will be seen as unpopular, adding that critics of government had a hidden agenda.
Following reports of government’s plans to scrap the two examination bodies, the Senate had, on resumption from its Easter break, summoned critical stakeholders as Minister of Education, Professor Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, Minister of State,Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, heads of NECO and Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board, JAMB, but the senior minister was absent as she was said to have accompanied the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on an official assignment outside the country.
File Photo: Cross section of students writing exam
Wike, who alluded to the recommendation of the Steve Oronsaye panel set up by the Federal Government to rationalise over 400 government agencies, noted that they were not before the senators to discuss the existence of NECO.
He said: ‘’I don’t know where they got the information that government wanted to scrap NECO. Government has at no time scrapped NECO and JAMB.
“Even if government has to scrap any of these agencies, it has to give reasons for its action. Noposition has been taken. It is the handiwork of mischievous people who want to pitch the government against the people.
“Even if government has to scrap JAMB or NECO, government has to write the National Assembly torepeal the Acts that established them. I don’t know where the rumours are coming from.”
Wike also frowned on a situation where some professional agencies as Computer Association, Library Association, among others, existed within the Education Ministry and funded by the Ministry.
It will be recalled that the Steve Oronsaye panel was reported to have recommended scrapping of UTME and NECO respectively.
The panel, which report has become the subject of a white paper committee, also recommended the scrapping of double examinations for secondary school students but made a casefor existence of only the West African Examination Council (WAEC).
When asked by a member of the committee, SenatorPius Ewherido, DPP, Delta Central, if there was theneed to retain the body, Registrar of JAMB, Professor Dibu Ojerinde, stressed the need for the examination body to remain.
He also explained that when scrapped, the unifying factor of UTME as well as its very cheap nature would be defeated.
According to him, UMTE isthe only way of addressing the diverse problems of the country, including that of federal character.
Cautioning against the scrap of UMTE, Prof. Ojerinde said the scrapping “would be grave for a Nigerian child. Each child would have to purchase forms for the university he wants to go.”
Also speaking, the Registrar of NECO, Professor Promise Okpala,who canvassed that NECOshould be retained, however, said the body had brought a choice to the doorsteps of Nigerianchildren rather than being pigeon-holed to one examination body.

Are YOU HAPPY TO HEAR DIS?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by tboy08: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2013
Just wana ask this question.
If we ppt do our exam on 27th what is the assurance that our result go come out in a week time.
But i don't think it will be released in a week time because jamb will not have time to mark it,they will be very busy ensuring the success of cbt
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by tboy08: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2013
If that 's the case,we should be expecting ppt result by early june
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2013
t.boy007:
If we ppt do our exam on 27th what is the assurance that our result go come out in a week time.
But i don't think it will be released in a week time because jamb will not have time to mark it,they will be very busy ensuring the success of cbt
deir s assurance, marking our Omr wnt stop jamb 4rm conductng d cbt, coz cbt wuld get deir result instantly so dnt panik our result go cum out even b4 d first cbt wuld be conduct our result go show face...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2013
Cbt cnt stop our result them tell u say na pesn dey mark omr ni na machine naa
t.boy007:
If that 's the case,we should be expecting ppt result by early june
haba wetn appen na may d result go cum out eida first wik or 2nd wik
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2013
Fynestboi: he tell me to yesterday on 2go bt i dn tell him wetn he go do, d fault is 4rm is phone, coz he told me if he tries to log in na like guest d tn dey log in so i ask him to try desktop or laptop...
ah...no lele
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2013
phtemie: All my fellow cbts..pls,go and re-print your photocards to know the new date for your exam..
Mine is now 21st of may..1:00 pm..God bless us all.
jesus krist!! shocked...thank God I didn't choose cbt o. I see this thing as a waste of time. Instead of preparing for post ume na utme go still dey una mind..anyhow sha me wish best of luck.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2013
Fynestboi: Dis goes to adex, adex adex adex adex how many tym i call u... grin grin grin
nothing dey happen jor cool
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 10:59am On Apr 19, 2013
t.boy007:
nah.that's not possible. Our result is gonna be out a week after the exam.
Concerning the marking, jamb aint waec na 100% obj so the marking is done by a machine.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:02am On Apr 19, 2013
Fynestboi: Cbt cnt stop our result them tell u say na pesn dey mark omr ni na machine naa haba wetn appen na may d result go cum out eida first wik or 2nd wik
na [size=32pt]MAY 3rd[/size] result go show.[size=1pt]my score»305[/size]
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2013
Adex097: na [size=32pt]MAY 3rd[/size] result go show.[size=0.5pt]my score»305[/size]
nice one we plenty wey dey aim 300plus..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2013
Fynestboi: nice one we plenty wey dey aim 300plus..
naso o.if I score anything less than that boko go vex o.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2013
Fynestboi: Cbt cnt stop our result them tell u say na pesn dey mark omr ni na machine naa haba wetn appen na may d result go cum out eida first wik or 2nd wik
you are right..na machine go mark..so they can't affect each other
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 11:55am On Apr 19, 2013
Cee yhu wy me dey aim for 402
Fynestboi: nice one we plenty wey dey aim 300plus..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2013
Adex097: jesus krist!! shocked...thank God I didn't choose cbt o. I see this thing as a waste of time. Instead of preparing for post ume na utme go still dey una mind..anyhow sha me wish best of luck.
thanks..but no lele..everything will be alright. cheesy
Adex097: jesus krist!! shocked...thank God I didn't choose cbt o. I see this thing as a waste of time. Instead of preparing for post ume na utme go still dey una mind..anyhow sha me wish best of luck.
thanks..but no lele..everything will be alright.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 11:57am On Apr 19, 2013
wetin concern ppt wit cbt?? Make dem release d result sharply na hn go sure pazz
t.boy007:
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 11:59am On Apr 19, 2013
All dose cbt candidates are on a long tin oh**thank JAH say na ppt me go do ...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
Am neither happy nor sad ..cos by next year wetin go concern me wit jamb again ...am gonna say bye to dose foolish examination boards wey be say person wey no read pass me go dey score high mark....
Fynestboi: No plan to scrap NECO, UTME, Minister tells Senate

ABUJA—THE Federal Government,Thursday, said there were no plans to scrap the University Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UMTE) andNational Examination Council (NECO) as being speculated, stressing that mischief makers were out to pitch the government against the people.
Speaking, yesterday, when he appeared before the Senate Committee on Education, led by SenatorUche Chukwumerije, PDP, Abia North, Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, said in politics, it was possible for people who might have issues with government to come up with how government will be seen as unpopular, adding that critics of government had a hidden agenda.
Following reports of government’s plans to scrap the two examination bodies, the Senate had, on resumption from its Easter break, summoned critical stakeholders as Minister of Education, Professor Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, Minister of State,Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, heads of NECO and Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board, JAMB, but the senior minister was absent as she was said to have accompanied the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on an official assignment outside the country.
File Photo: Cross section of students writing exam
Wike, who alluded to the recommendation of the Steve Oronsaye panel set up by the Federal Government to rationalise over 400 government agencies, noted that they were not before the senators to discuss the existence of NECO.
He said: ‘’I don’t know where they got the information that government wanted to scrap NECO. Government has at no time scrapped NECO and JAMB.
“Even if government has to scrap any of these agencies, it has to give reasons for its action. Noposition has been taken. It is the handiwork of mischievous people who want to pitch the government against the people.
“Even if government has to scrap JAMB or NECO, government has to write the National Assembly torepeal the Acts that established them. I don’t know where the rumours are coming from.”
Wike also frowned on a situation where some professional agencies as Computer Association, Library Association, among others, existed within the Education Ministry and funded by the Ministry.
It will be recalled that the Steve Oronsaye panel was reported to have recommended scrapping of UTME and NECO respectively.
The panel, which report has become the subject of a white paper committee, also recommended the scrapping of double examinations for secondary school students but made a casefor existence of only the West African Examination Council (WAEC).
When asked by a member of the committee, SenatorPius Ewherido, DPP, Delta Central, if there was theneed to retain the body, Registrar of JAMB, Professor Dibu Ojerinde, stressed the need for the examination body to remain.
He also explained that when scrapped, the unifying factor of UTME as well as its very cheap nature would be defeated.
According to him, UMTE isthe only way of addressing the diverse problems of the country, including that of federal character.
Cautioning against the scrap of UMTE, Prof. Ojerinde said the scrapping “would be grave for a Nigerian child. Each child would have to purchase forms for the university he wants to go.”
Also speaking, the Registrar of NECO, Professor Promise Okpala,who canvassed that NECOshould be retained, however, said the body had brought a choice to the doorsteps of Nigerianchildren rather than being pigeon-holed to one examination body.

Are YOU HAPPY TO HEAR DIS?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 12:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
shakur07: Am neither happy nor sad ..cos by next year wetin go concern me wit jamb again ...am gonna say bye to dose foolish examination boards wey be say person wey no read pass me go dey score high mark....
i swear u just split mai mind..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2013
How i wish 2mao wuld be d d.day coz nxt wik saturday i gat 3diff occasion... My dad bible skul d students re dng matric, my band is going 4 a show wey be say na me be drumma, and jamb.... Mai wish make jamb just change am over nite to 2mao i go hapi gan..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by labodinho: 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
Gud aftanun peepz,aw una dey?wit dis der cbt of a tin...e go delay post jamb guuunn o cos skulz no go fit conduct post jamb witout a complete candidate.Mayb na August we go do post jamb.CBT,i pity una o.wu help me see Mr 27th of April??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by emekakelvin(m): 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2013
shakur,adex and finestboi thank u............surely d fault is from my phone
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by emekakelvin(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
for dose of u asking 4 de date release of ppt jamb candidate, be happy cos it would be release 3 days after april 27.............source. www.myschoolnewz.com
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fynestboi: How i wish 2mao wuld be d d.day coz nxt wik saturday i gat 3diff occasion... My dad bible skul d students re dng matric, my band is going 4 a show wey be say na me be drumma, and jamb.... Mai wish make jamb just change am over nite to 2mao i go hapi gan..
buh, u fit sacrifice jamb nd ur dad's bb skul for dat band show,.,.,.,.,.,.lol
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
malikidi: #landed...GBAA!#.It being so long here...u knw na skul tinz...any former occupant should holla!
Long tym bro.. Ao preps 4 exams?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
phtemie:
thanks..but no lele..everything will be alright. cheesy
thanks..but no lele..everything will be alright.
amen
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
Johntosyne: buh, u fit sacrifice jamb nd ur dad's bb skul for dat band show,.,.,.,.,.,.lol
abi now...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
labodinho: Gud aftanun peepz,aw una dey?wit dis der cbt of a tin...[size=16pt]e go delay post jamb guuunn o [/size]cos skulz no go fit conduct post jamb witout a complete candidate.Mayb na August we go do post jamb.CBT,i pity una o.wu help me see Mr 27th of April??
God forbid bad thing
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fynestboi: How i wish 2mao wuld be d d.day coz nxt wik saturday i gat 3diff occasion... My dad bible skul d students re dng matric, my band is going 4 a show wey be say na me be drumma, and jamb.... Mai wish make jamb just change am over nite to 2mao i go hapi gan..
my humble advice::::don't go for the exam lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.