Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (811088 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 16, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Hmmm...
This thing is confusing tho'....
Ma parents called an HOD in U.I...d man said d skl has nt yet made any decision on post utme...He said the skl can't make such decisions until jamb is over(cbt guys r stl there) and the list is sent to d skl....
He added that..'its nt possible 4 u.i nt to shortlist candidates buh there is probability dat d number of candidates wl increase dis yr and dat o'level wl b used 4 pple wif o'level result.....'

u.i is a skl of organisation...u.i welcoming 50000+ students 4 post utme is sumfin dat is nt really feasible....!!..
Anyways,May Almighty God Take Control
UI is admittin less dan 4000.....3000+,mehn dz year admission go dey competitive gan.....bt it is well wit m
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by nonsovich(m): 9:29pm On May 16, 2013
[color=][/color][color=#990000][/color]Hey all aspirants who wanna gain admission into ui follow me on twitter@ nonso_victor,2go @nonsovich44,@bbm 2152BE4C, whuld lyk d ladies more just jokn anyways.......best of luck in ur pursuit for admission......we ve done it last year n ds year will nt be an expection ;DHey all aspirants who wanna gain admission into ui follow me on twitter@ nonso_victor,2go @nonsovich44,@bbm 2152BE4C, whuld lyk d ladies more just jokn anyways.......best of luck in ur pursuit for admission......we ve done it last year n ds year will nt be an expection
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by nonsovich(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2013
Taylor184: UI is admittin less dan 4000.....3000+,mehn dz year admission go dey competitive gan.....bt it is well wit m
lst year. T was just 2k+ out of 40011...its vry competitive oooo......dnt let any1 deceive u abt runs Ooo..all u need is beta guideline which we give u d admission.....d equtn thus is hardwork+high jamb score+korrect guidelyn+post utme>50=ui admission,,,,,,,funny though.looooooool | \ / |
|\ \ / / |
| \ | | / |
\ | | | | /
\| |_| |/
. ' ' .
| o o |
{= Y =}
'-. ^ .-'
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Lheyhe(m): 9:45pm On May 16, 2013
Good evening everyone... I've noticed the confusion in the house concerning the pattern UI is going to use this year for their admission... Well the Truth of the matter is NO ONE KNOWS YET apart from the Ogas @ the top (Since CBT Candidates are yet to conclude theirs)... but the only thing I notice much in school is the issue of O'level result and JAMB combination... though rumour. And another thing is that Jossy4luv1 said something last year that UI will use JAMB to shortlist candidate he even posted some of the cut-off marks (that was a week before UI formally announce it on their website) it later turns out to be the true info. and you never can tell he might be right again (That UI will invite all candidates that scored 200 upward for her post-ume)... this year I will not like to say something that might later turn out to be wrong because I don't have any fact and figures concerning this... so there is no need for me to argue because argument without fact and figures is like embarking on a journey without road map... But I am very sure of one thing (that's if UI won't combine O'level and JAMB) if there will be shortlisting the cut-off mark will be very low compare to that of last year... and for the issue of #runs# don't let anyone deceive you there is no runs in UI, That is why it is the First and the Best...
#STAY BLESSED#

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 10:13pm On May 16, 2013
Thankz a bunch can I av ya 2go I'd
Lheyhe: Good evening everyone... I've noticed the confusion in the house concerning the pattern UI is going to use this year for their admission... Well the Truth of the matter is NO ONE KNOWS YET apart from the Ogas @ the top (Since CBT Candidates are yet to conclude theirs)... but the only thing I notice much in school is the issue of O'level result and JAMB combination... though rumour. And another thing is that Jossy4luv1 said something last year that UI will use JAMB to shortlist candidate he even posted some of the cut-off marks (that was a week before UI formally announce it on their website) it later turns out to be the true info. and you never can tell he might be right again (That UI will invite all candidates that scored 200 upward for her post-ume)... this year I will not like to say something that might later turn out to be wrong because I don't have any fact and figures concerning this... so there is no need for me to argue because argument without fact and figures is like embarking on a journey without road map... But I am very sure of one thing (that's if UI won't combine O'level and JAMB) if there will be shortlisting the cut-off mark will be very low compare to that of last year... and for the issue of #runs# don't let anyone deceive you there is no runs in UI, That is why it is the First and the Best...
#STAY BLESSED#
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 16, 2013
nonsovich: lst year. T was just 2k+ out of 40011...its vry competitive oooo......dnt let any1 deceive u abt runs Ooo..all u need is beta guideline which we give u d admission.....d equtn thus is hardwork+high jamb score+korrect guidelyn+post utme>50=ui admission,,,,,,,funny though.looooooool | \ / |
|\ \ / / |
| \ | | / |
\ | | | | /
\| |_| |/
. ' ' .
| o o |
{= Y =}
'-. ^ .-'
yeah....u ar a uite abi

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Oysdam(m): 10:18pm On May 16, 2013
Wats d sum of ur o'level points@fynestboi
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 10:26pm On May 16, 2013
It seemz ma oga has bin banned oh
Oysdam: Wats d sum of ur o'level points@fynestboi
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by AmiableJay(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2013
Greatest Intending UITEs,I use this medium to greet you all.
I put it to you that Jossy4love is a tested and trusted brother of mine and i can vouch for him and any information he posts here. It is in this sense that I wish to clarify a mystery surrounding U.I admission.
Number 1,U.I is not only an unpredictable school,it is dynamic and transparent in her admission exercise.
(2)U.I have over the last three years used the two systems:60/40(Shortlisting) model,50/50(Shortlisting) model and may use JAMB model(O.A.U method) as 'predicted' by Jossy4luv.
Therefore,to strengthen your chances,your jamb score must be high(at least,220 depending on your state of origin-cachment(locality) or ELDs(Bornu,Adamawa,Yobe...etc) so that you wont be at disadvantage If U.I uses the 50/50 model they used for us last year.
It is probable that U.I may not use the 60/40 model again because of its collosal flaws. Therefore,U.I will definitely use either last year's model or O.A.U's model in which every candidates with 200+ can sit for the examination. However,I doubt the veracity of this information because,U.I likes integrity and transparency in its dealings. U.I cannot(with 80% probability)invite every students for p.utme because it is exploitative.If U.I can only admit 3 thousand student,how will she invite over 40,000 for her post jamb when she knows she cant admit even one-ninth of the applicants. That is why the school drafts departmental cut off marks to trim the number of Post utme candidates to an explanable proportion. U.I even displays the post utme result publicly so as to reiterate their transparency.
On the other hand,if U.I uses O.A.U method,the admission will not be favorable to some people because even if you meet the cut off mark in the postume,that will not guarantee your admission because of the limited carrying capacity of the school. This is evidenced by the event of last year in which a friend of mine who applied for law got around 250 in his jamb and was not invited for the post utme. If U.I uses the O.A.U method,number one,the post jamb form will be expensive.2,the questions will be tougher.(3)the school may use strict marking scheme e.g negative marking.(4)The process may go corrupt as admission will become a connection issue..etc.
Whichever way,I believe and pray another man's diet will not be your own toxin. Remember God,admission is not just about reading Lamlad or solving past questions or religious study habit,when you are close to God,He'll surely see you through..
You can add me up on 2go@Barryjay94/twitter@gagbak for any information.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Oysdam(m): 11:02pm On May 16, 2013
shakur07: It seemz ma oga has bin banned oh
why na?? Buh d guy sef get diff accounts na....thanks xo much@Amiable Jay
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Scopic01(m): 11:10pm On May 16, 2013
Fynestboi: Thanks 4 ur advice!!!! Bt wait dnt tell me u ve been trailing me 4 long naw? 24!7 online sounds funny to me... hmmmmm am nt offended o jere, i knw wat i gain each day i log in.... Loggng in to nairaland cnt affect me nor affect mai readng......, and mind u dis s d only social ntwrk u wuld find me more, 2go, fb, twitter (once in a bluemoon.)

bt u knW U re indirectly tellng me dat am JOBLESS!!!
I like ur style u indirectly pass a sass word and apology lol....¤smiles¤ Thank u....
hmm..Datz sarcasm..lol..Thank tho..I alzo applied 2 U.I..Pol science..1st choice!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by nonsovich(m): 11:35pm On May 16, 2013
Taylor184: yeah....u ar a uite abi
s
Yeah buddy
U
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by nonsovich(m): 11:39pm On May 16, 2013
[color=][/color][color=#990000][/color]Hey all
aspirants who wanna gain admission into ui
follow me on twitter@ nonso_victor,2go
@nonsovich44,@bbm 2152BE4C, whuld lyk d
ladies more just jokn anyways.......best of luck
in ur pursuit for admission......we ve done it
last year n ds year will nt be an
expection ;DHey all aspirants who wanna gain
admission into ui follow me on twitter@
nonso_victor,2go @nonsovich44,@bbm
2152BE4C, whuld lyk d ladies more just jokn
anyways.......best of luck in ur pursuit for
admission......we ve done it last year n ds year
will nt be an expection
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by emekakelvin(m): 11:41pm On May 16, 2013
Oysdam: why na?? Buh d guy sef get diff accounts na....thanks xo much@Amiable Jay
yea truely he has been banned,...and he is also begging the bosses and the ogas at the top to plead on his behalf 4 immediate release....
Yours lovely
finestboi
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by AmiableJay(m): 11:53pm On May 16, 2013
Scopic01: hmm..Datz sarcasm..lol..Thank tho..I alzo applied 2 U.I..Pol science..1st choice!!
What's your jamb score?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by temidayodamoye(m): 1:06am On May 17, 2013
Gat just two questionz for dose 'doubting thomas' on dis thread.......1.dos UI inviting 200 and above for d pume means dey wud all be admitted?....2.have u eva heard it in history dat skulz like oau,unilag,ilorin and co admitted all dere invited 200 and abv jambite?.....NO abi? So whatz d point u are tryin to make wen u said inviting all 200 and abv for pume is not feasible....@all get dis clear inviting 200 and abv is NOT admitting 200 and abv...and moreova am getting pissed off with all dis ur 'i felt,i thought,juz saying,a lecturer said,dean ov facl said..all dese ppu were dose wu told sum ppu last yr dat jamb method is nt possible(as posted by dem oo)....UI is a very intelligent skul cos dey noticed dat courses with low shortlistin mark have high numba ov passse(>50) dan courses with high shortlistin cutoff...nursing is an example for last year...if u like bliv it and if u dont na u know...i sha know 200 and abv will write pume dis year...seems u guys like source abi...owkay source na DVC......#picks race to jack ma 157 txtbook...team 7points#
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Jossy4luv1(m): 3:46am On May 17, 2013
No Coment..MUTE

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by buzyguy: 6:17am On May 17, 2013
I grt evry1
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 6:30am On May 17, 2013
Help me tell them its just to obvious dat most of dis pple re nt amng us last yr.... ¤
temidayo damoye: Gat just two questionz for dose 'doubting thomas' on dis thread.......1.dos UI inviting 200 and above for d pume means dey wud all be admitted?....2.have u eva heard it in history dat skulz like oau,unilag,ilorin and co admitted all dere invited 200 and abv jambite?.....NO abi? So whatz d point u are tryin to make wen u said inviting all 200 and abv for pume is not feasible....@all get dis clear inviting 200 and abv is NOT admitting 200 and abv...and moreova am getting pissed off with all dis ur 'i felt,i thought,juz saying,a lecturer said,dean ov facl said..all dese ppu were dose wu told sum ppu last yr dat jamb method is nt possible(as posted by dem oo)....UI is a very intelligent skul cos dey noticed dat courses with low shortlistin mark have high numba ov passse(>50) dan courses with high shortlistin cutoff...nursing is an example for last year...if u like bliv it and if u dont na u know...i sha know 200 and abv will write pume dis year...seems u guys like source abi...owkay source na DVC......#picks race to jack ma 157 txtbook...team 7points#
¤mute¤
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 6:30am On May 17, 2013
@emakelvin thanks so much..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bethilicious(f): 6:31am On May 17, 2013
hi all....
nice to join you all......
i am a UI Law aspirant....
*cheers*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 6:32am On May 17, 2013
Score?
Bethilicious: hi all....
nice to join you all......
i am a UI Law aspirant....
*cheers*
wlcm wats ur jamb score?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bethilicious(f): 6:35am On May 17, 2013
214 ......dat's d sad part
highly not expected
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 6:38am On May 17, 2013
Let kip our finger cross and expect d best first or 2nd choice?
Bethilicious: 214 ......dat's d sad part
highly not expected
hmmmm u try na me na 208
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bethilicious(f): 6:40am On May 17, 2013
yeah........
first choice......
i learnt that there will be a quota for dis year's call-up.......
maybe 60:40, 50:50 for those with o'lvl already
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by adetola31(m): 6:42am On May 17, 2013
Na waoh.. See people helping U.i to think.. U guys are just working wit asumption. I undastand some of u knwing people in d school bt they wil tel u what they knw bt decision can change anytime even a day b4 u.i release any annoucement... So instead of assuming just hope 4 d best and take actions u need 2 take.. Wishing u all best of luck...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Sadeluhv(f): 7:04am On May 17, 2013
AmiableJay: Greatest Intending UITEs,I use this medium to greet you all.
I put it to you that Jossy4love is a tested and trusted brother of mine and i can vouch for him and any information he posts here. It is in this sense that I wish to clarify a mystery surrounding U.I admission.
Number 1,U.I is not only an unpredictable school,it is dynamic and transparent in her admission exercise.
(2)U.I have over the last three years used the two systems:60/40(Shortlisting) model,50/50(Shortlisting) model and may use JAMB model(O.A.U method) as 'predicted' by Jossy4luv.
Therefore,to strengthen your chances,your jamb score must be high(at least,220 depending on your state of origin-cachment(locality) or ELDs(Bornu,Adamawa,Yobe...etc) so that you wont be at disadvantage If U.I uses the 50/50 model they used for us last year.
It is probable that U.I may not use the 60/40 model again because of its collosal flaws. Therefore,U.I will definitely use either last year's model or O.A.U's model in which every candidates with 200+ can sit for the examination. However,I doubt the veracity of this information because,U.I likes integrity and transparency in its dealings. U.I cannot(with 80% probability)invite every students for p.utme because it is exploitative.If U.I can only admit 3 thousand student,how will she invite over 40,000 for her post jamb when she knows she cant admit even one-ninth of the applicants. That is why the school drafts departmental cut off marks to trim the number of Post utme candidates to an explanable proportion. U.I even displays the post utme result publicly so as to reiterate their transparency.
On the other hand,if U.I uses O.A.U method,the admission will not be favorable to some people because even if you meet the cut off mark in the postume,that will not guarantee your admission because of the limited carrying capacity of the school. This is evidenced by the event of last year in which a friend of mine who applied for law got around 250 in his jamb and was not invited for the post utme. If U.I uses the O.A.U method,number one,the post jamb form will be expensive.2,the questions will be tougher.(3)the school may use strict marking scheme e.g negative marking.(4)The process may go corrupt as admission will become a connection issue..etc.
Whichever way,I believe and pray another man's diet will not be your own toxin. Remember God,admission is not just about reading Lamlad or solving past questions or religious study habit,when you are close to God,He'll surely see you through..
You can add me up on 2go@Barryjay94/twitter@gagbak for any information.
Thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 7:10am On May 17, 2013
If u knw ur result or dat of ur frnd is still nt yet release, tell them to start preparing 4 nxt year, coz dibu.......

Read full story here

http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=540007776022419&refid=5

wuld ve post it here bt dats d reasn y i was ban yesterday..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by ANDREW2EIC(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2013
Jossy4luv1: No Coment..MUTE

I am beginning to like this Jossy guy. He epitomises self-control. Baring the fact that virtually everybody here has countered his post(opinion), yet he chose to stay mute.
*Respect bro*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bethilicious(f): 7:26am On May 17, 2013
well, well, well,
at this point, i think we should just trust God for d best..........
i dont even know wot to think again......
now cbt wastes time.....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bethilicious(f): 7:28am On May 17, 2013
also.......
is Jossy a student already?
cos, his name seems to dominate dis page
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bethilicious(f): 7:30am On May 17, 2013
even dose whose results were nt witheld still have score issues so,,,,
i think it is general

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.