Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

User Interface Design - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / User Interface Design (1163 Views)

User Interface Design For The Beginning Web Programmmer / User Interface Design / Processing Games And Tangible User Interface (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

User Interface Design by harryobas: 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2013
Hi guys, as a developer i am not a very good ui designer but i beleive that the ui is one of the most important aspects of an application becos to users of your application the interface is the system it is what they see and interact with. Many good programmers i know are not very ui designers hence the ui is not given the attention it deserves. Many applications suffer from poor usability not because of lack of features/functionality but of poor ui design.

so UI/UX Developers, can we see some screenshots of your best works for either a desktop, mobile or web application.
Re: User Interface Design by dansmog(m): 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
so? What do you suggest? What you post is not a question neither is it a way out!! smiley** NO OFFENCE**smiley
Re: User Interface Design by spikesC(m): 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
Tell me about it, oh yes i love good UI but hate the art of creating it. It takes much time to create/perfect, than to code a written algorithm.
Creating images is even worse.
Re: User Interface Design by harryobas: 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
dansmog++:
so? What do you suggest? What you post is not a question neither is it a way out!! smiley** NO OFFENCE**smiley

The post is not meant to be a question it is just an observation. If u want to suggest something pls feel free.
Re: User Interface Design by lordZOUGA(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
before I even write code... I worry about the UI. if I can't come up with a nice UI for it, am not writing squat unless I intend for it to be used only on the command line. for me I believe if you can dream up a good code, a UI should not be a problem. one of my hobbies is visiting dribbble or deviantart and drooling over the UIs on display there. grin.
if you are a developer and you can't have enough patience to dress-up your product then you are not proud of what you did.

1 Like

Re: User Interface Design by dansmog(m): 4:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
Building a great UI needs simplicity and user xperience UX, unlike the coventional 2,3,4 column website [which still holds for coperate business], it tends to work more on typography, menu navigation which are different from a conventional designs.
Re: User Interface Design by dansmog(m): 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
Building a great UI needs simplicity and user xperience UX, unlike the coventional 2,3,4 column website [which still holds for coperate business], it tends to work more on typography, menu navigation, colors and "silhoutte" animations and images which are different from a conventional design.
Re: User Interface Design by bonduu01: 10:01am On Jan 14, 2013
Building a good UI isn't as hard as you think, you just have to be good in designing,using html,CSS,Javascript,fireworks, photoshop etc...even you can embed a flash file on your U.I.that captures attention of users.
Also, make the UI as simple as possible, navigation also should be made simply.
Re: User Interface Design by harryobas: 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
In my opinion for an application to achieve great user experience(UX)/high usability levels, it is not enough to just be good in html, css, silverlight, WPF or whatever ui technology u wish employ. While these are obviously important, i believe its more important to take a user-centred approach to ui design. It is important as a ui designer that u involve potential users of an application in your ui design process through prototyping and regular feedbacks to enable u to properly fine tune your ui to match the expectations of your target users/user groups.
Re: User Interface Design by WhiZTiM(m): 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
for web apps, to me, it is way much easier to develop an intuitive UI than a desktop app.
For pc apps.. try to use your system's graphics api, try to handle events in your app and let the UI also respond appropriately. Or paint every pixel of your app window on every screen refresh... You'll know how hard it is!
Well, its pretty much achievable, on my Windows, I have studied Adobe's UI a little and it seems to have a heavy dependancy on DirectX even in menus... Meaning they have a custom UI framework they developed for their Software.

Apart from variying system specs and features, one of the problem of creating custom UI comes when you need to reuse it for another project or modify prior to your original design.

For the C++ and Python Programmers, the QtSDK has a concept of QtQuick... Which almost effectively separates or demacates a UI Designer/programmer from a core programmer...

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Zero X506 Root / It It Possible To Learn How To Develop Apps On A Month-5 Hrs Time Daily / How To Generate a Bar code Using Excel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.