Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Beware Of Fake Teachings - He Has Destroyed The Wisdom Of The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Fake Teachings - He Has Destroyed The Wisdom Of The World (657 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / What Women Pass Through In The Hands Of Fake Prophets(pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Fake Teachings - He Has Destroyed The Wisdom Of The World by udify: 5:12am On Jan 14, 2013
Firstly, I thank You Author and Finisher of our Faith, Alpha and Omega, Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient God for counting me worthy to pass this message to Your own chosen children. My sins are bare before You and I acknowledge them and plead that you Most High Father forgive me and change me unto Thee. You asked me to arise and put this paper together so that Your children will read, practice in order to gain their salvation into Your promised Kingdom. May all glory and honor be Thine.

In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God (John 1:1). Sanctify them through Thy truth, Thy word is truth (John 17:17). Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105). The word of God is the sure foundation and the rock upon which we stand. The word dispels darkness, it breaks the mighty to pieces and the word creates. In the beginning, with the word “Let” man was created (Gen 1:26). With the word our Lord and Master Jesus Christ healed the woman who had the issue of blood (Luke 8:48) and by the word He raised the dead (John 11:43-44). After the great ascension, the disciples continued to do great things by the word. As He said, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed you will SAY to the sycamine tree, be thou plucked up by the root and be planted in the sea and it should obey you (Luke 17:6). It is a word command. Just as the word can bless so too the word can destroy. Noah placed a cause on his son and so it was decreed (Genesis 9:25). The power of the Word remains immutable.
According to Encarta Dictionaries, Word means “meaningful unit of language sounds: a meaningful sound or combination of sounds that is a unit of language or its representation in a text. Information: information or news about somebody or something.

You may be wondering why the foregoing, on Sunday, September 16, 2012 at about 11 am I put on my Television set and just then a young handsome well dressed Pastor was preaching on Silverbird. The message was (I think) centered on how to achieve success. It was making sense but suddenly he deviated to the mundane. He opined that to attract giants you need to become a giant, and that surely made sense but then he said, “if you want to be a governor’s friend or a commissioner’s friend you must polish your English, he further asked severally “why would one say sampion, zampion or yampion and hope to make friends with governors and commissioners? He clearly declared that one should not keep friends with the lowly so that one will not remain lowly. He asked, “Have you not seen a plumber whose friends are only graduates?

Now let’s look at the following claims from the biblical point of view. Our Lord and Master Jesus Christ came for all manners of people regardless of status. He dined with tax collectors, fishermen, centurion, prison officials, kings, short men, tall men etc and even made some disciples (Matthew 9:9, Luke 5:2-10, Matthew 8:5-13). After His ascension, Cornelius the Centurion acting upon the Lord’s instruction sent men to invite Simon Peter at Joppa, knowing that Simon Peter may not receive the guests or act on their request since he would perceive them to be unclean, the Lord showed him a dream. Several animals were in a basket and the Lord said rise, Peter, kill and eat and Peter replied, Not so Lord; I have never eaten anything unclean and the Lord replied, What God hath cleansed, that call not common. These happened thrice and when Peter was pondering over the meaning of the dream the men enquired about him at the gate of Simon Tanner’s house and the Lord immediately ministered that he must follow the men. He obeyed the Lord and on the day Gentiles (who were perceived to be an unclean race) received the gift if the Holy Ghost (Acts 10:1-48). The Pharisees who spoke the finest of dialects at that time and who were the so called great men at the time had no share in the kingdom (Matthew 23:27, Luke 18:11-14). Paul the Apostle having received his Apostleship anointing after his encounter with the Lord and Savior did not parade his educational achievements but rejoiced in the riches of the Lord’s glory waiting eagerly for His promised Kingdom. God had chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise (1st Corinthians 1:25-31). To the next point, God is not sleeping and no man can limit his powers. Our Lord and Master never asked his disciples to go castigate the poor but rather the Psalmist said, blessed is the man that walketh not in counsel of the ungodly, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful (Psalm 1:1). Are the lowly the only sinners? Or are they the only scornful? Are they the custodians of ungodly acts? Everyone is created in his own way and remains special in his own way. No matter the seeming lowly position God can search you out to be a titan (Peter was a fisherman, Joseph was the last son, David conquered Goliath etc). Just as our faces are different so is our destiny. You do not judge a man’s righteousness by his carnal acquisition and that is why God in His infinite wisdom made it that, “Naked you come and naked you go”. What of the recently discovered cave men are they less humans? It is all a design by God and His lovely master plan. Who can question Him? See what our Lord Jesus Christ said about the rich, “It is easier for the camel to go through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God (Matthew 19:24)”. Note that He did not say that the rich cannot enter into the Kingdom but rather the rich must be humble, just, believe in the Lord and practice his injunctions (Luke 18:16-24, Matthew 25:1-46). Remember, Lot’s wife turned back to look at a once lovely city full of her personal wealth against the instruction that no one should look back and instantly became a pillar of salt (Genesis 19:26, Luke 17:32).

Now to the secular world, can our young Pastor answer this question, “How many Governors, Commissioners or Political appointees speak queens English?” It may interest him to know that Americans, South Africans, Scots, Dutch etc have accent when speaking English e.g. AJAX Football Club is called AYAX Football Club. We had our local dialects (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and Ibibio) until the English colonial masters came with the foreign language, I would tell him here and now that some State Chief Executives better communicate with their subjects in their local dialect, which certainly does not make them less successful. Can an English man pronounce Ademirokoun, Madumere or Mbetobong fluently? To the second issue, keeping lowly friends does not make you less successful. A professor must not talk to only professors and Senators must not talk to just senators. God in His wisdom can decide to raise you among the lowly (if there is anything like that) to lead the bourgeois. Where love exists growth exists. Maybe God designed it that you are the one to lead all your lowly friends out of the lowly state and you resist it like Jonah resisted to go to Nineveh. In the sight of God no one is lowly and we are all equal. There is no black, white, tall, short, ugly, handsome etc. We are all one family created for a divine purpose known only to the Creator.

In our today’s society, it is important to pass good moral instructions to the congregation and not divisive or polarizing instructions without scriptural backing. People continue to kill others because of messages not properly interpreted. In a nearby church, a Pastor once preached that a poor man should not marry a poor woman and vice versa or else they will die of poverty. Another one said, “If your husband is not a believer leave the home immediately and vice versa” but the bible clearly states the condition for divorce which is adultery (Matthew 19:8-9). What if God in his infinite wisdom sent you into the marriage to change the man or woman so that he can receive the Holy Spirit and be saved? Do you know God’s mind? It is important to preach the word of God led by the Holy Spirit who is the only True Teacher (John 14: 15-31, John 15, 26-27, John 16:5-16). He gives to everyone the Spirit who seeks Him in Spirit and in Truth (John 4:24). He does not share His Spirit based on color, position, educational background, wealth, beauty, local content, eloquence etc. He is fair to all and His love to all is ever sure. No wonder the psalmist said, “When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars which Thou hast ordained; what is man that Thou art mindful of Him and the son of man that Thou visitest him? (Psalm 8:3-4)”. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and loose his soul? Howbeit, when the Holy Spirit of Truth comes He shall guide you to the accurate knowledge of Truth. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness and all other things shall be added unto you. Beware you congregation, there was BarJesus doing miracles even when the Apostles were spreading the good tidings of the Kingdom of God (Acts 13: 6-12). Our Lord and Savior prophesied about the influx of false prophets and false Christs doing miracles to try to deceive the very the elects (Matthew 24:24-28). Beware of impostors (2nd John 1:7-8, 1st Timothy 4:6, 2nd Timothy 3:1-7, 1st Corinthians 2:13-16).

Thank You Most High Father.
Re: Beware Of Fake Teachings - He Has Destroyed The Wisdom Of The World by toprealman: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2013
Only the truth will set you free. I won't be intimidated by anyone who thinks he is better than me.
End time preachers they are called.

(1) (Reply)

On Christ The Mediator Between God And Man / Pastor Chris Okotie Barred Me From Entering His Church - Biodun Kupoluyi / VIDEO: Meet The Female Pastor Who Preaches With Her Boobs Open.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.