Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? (8384 Views)

A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos] / How A Baby Is Formed In The Womb In Pictures / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by F00028: 9:08am On Jan 14, 2013
"Parents should shun prams and copy primitive tribes by carrying their babies upright so they develop more quickly, a leading scientist has said."

Pulitzer prize-winning Professor Jared Diamond insisted parents should learn from traditional child-rearing techniques.
“Different societies have been raising their
children differently for a long time and we can see the results,” he said. “I have worked with traditional New Guinea
peoples for 50 years....

more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/369087/The-best-way-to-carry-your-baby

first reason: https://www.nairaland.com/1155601/one-more-reason-go-traditional

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 14, 2013
@ OP. Lol!

There is nothing wrong doing it both ways,back and front.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Bluesparkles(f): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2013
I would have loved to agree with the op. But I hate the use of the term 'primitive tribe'. Racists!

3rd to comment sha.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by bigfat03(m): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2013
that means the white man is so daft when he invented baby carrier .why dont you use chewing stick instead of tooth brush

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Gentlepapi(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2013
Noted
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by brownlord: 11:48am On Jan 14, 2013
That a big lie, the best way is on the head, nonsense, am waiting for the day they would say, the best way to eat is through the mouth, make them dey mk noise
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by F00028: 11:48am On Jan 14, 2013
Table Leg :

Topic...
Ok.. But i will carry my baby whichever way i want to!

think of the baby
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2013
bigfat03: that means the white man is so daft when he invented baby carrier .why dont you use chewing stick instead of tooth brush
The baby is safer at the front. Women never got pregnant at the back! Nature is right about such protection and modern is way better off in that regard.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by F00028: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2013
bigfat03: that means the white man is so daft when he invented baby carrier .why dont you use chewing stick instead of tooth brush

why not?

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by harlos: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2013
Nigerians wey
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by slimyem: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2013
What defines that as the best way to carry a baby?
Whatever way any mother chooses to carry her baby shouldn't be an issue as long as both mother and baby are comfortable and safe.
The end result is the same..the baby gets carried!
Ka roso mo idi and ka ro idi mo aso..ki idi ma saa ti sofo(Tieing a wrapper round the bum or tying the bum round the wrapper,its all the same as long as the bum isn't bare! )cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2013
slimyem: What defines that as the best way to carry a baby?
Whatever way any mother chooses to carry her baby shouldn't be an issue as long as both mother and baby are comfortable.
The end result is the same..the baby gets carried!
Ka roso mo idi and ka ro idi mo aso..ki idi ma saa to sofo( Tieing a wrapper round the bum or tying the bum round the wrapper,its all the same as long as the bum isn't bare ! )cheesy
The words in bold don't make much sense to me,seriously!
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Bluediamond1(f): 11:56am On Jan 14, 2013
K,Warefa.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Bluediamond1(f): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2013
F00028:

why not?
i wonder o.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by slimyem: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2013
all4naija: The words in bold don't make much sense to me,seriously!
Its a direct interpretation of a yoruba saying..
I can't explain better.undecided
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Emmajide(f): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
Medically,it
has been proven dat backin babies helps to strenghten and increase the
stability of d hip bones.dats why we africans hardly have fracture at d
hip area(except in accidents) while d americans usually have dat problem
as they age....................

it's just d 'breast flattenin effect' i don't like.nyways sha,i know my mum would gladly do d backin for d first 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by chacha3(f): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2013
It all depends because if a woman is on a bike I think is beta and safer to use ababy carrier and strap ur baby in front similarly when in a market place but at home a mother can carry the baby on her back,anyways the safetyness and comfort of the baby should be the paramount thing.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
Emma_jide: Medically,it

it's just d 'breast flattenin effect' i don't like.nyways sha,i know my mum would gladly do d backin for d first 6 months.
Also, for this few months; the heat of mama‘s back prevent infant cold.
Incase she wants to work and the baby wants to be close to mama; its so easy to cook or wash with the child at the back. Putting the infant away from harm.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
Emma_jide: Medically,it

Provide your medical source,please.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by kaywiluv(f): 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
[quote author=all4naija] [i]The baby is safer at the front. Women never got pregnant at the back!
True talk, as for my I carry my baby anyway I can as for baby carrier even if my husband approves it or not am gettin it.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Stegomiah: 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
NON OF D ABOVE! †ђξ best way 2 carry a baby IS̶̲̥̅ on ya head.
Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by mu2sa2: 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
all4naija: The baby is safer at the front. Women never got pregnant at the back! Nature is right about such protection and modern is way better off in that regard.
The back is more convenient to free the hands for the mother to do her chores.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Carry A Baby Is On Your Back? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
mu2sa2: The back is more convenient to free the hands for the mother to do her chores.
I am on about protection on normal circumstances. Why would you have a baby in your back doing your chores, if not for those who like stressful jobs? Kindly put the baby in baby carriage close by. Comeon!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Health Tip Of The Day: Pomegranates And Its Benefits / HIV Infections Fall, U.N. Says Ending AIDS “feasible” / Get Rid Of HSV,HCV, Hepatitis B & Other Viruses..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.