Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,527 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

I Need A Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need A Laptop (750 Views)

Is It Possible To Get A Laptop Of This Spec For 70k? / What's A SIM Card Slot On A Laptop Used For? / I Need A Laptop(mini) With Long Battery Life And Duration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Laptop by frankdelis(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2008
pls, am not conversant with laptops but i desperately need one. could anyone tell me the make,model i can go for and also the cost ,new and fairly used. thank you.
Re: I Need A Laptop by Delta007(m): 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2008
Hi Frank:
I supply laptops directly from manufacturers and I strive to beat retail market prices in Nigeria. I'd like to know what intend to use it for (gaming, basic use - papers, internet surfing, etc), how you like it (slick, light/portability, etc) and what features you wont mind having then I can recommend. Also, what is you price range?

I tend to recommend new laptops if you are willing to spend up to the N100k range because depends on the specs and te brand, you could get new and decent ones. The new ones also come with a 1yr manufacturer's warranty.

Feel free to contact me at jonitive@hotmail.com and I'd work with you.
Re: I Need A Laptop by stechi(m): 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2008
Hi frank,
U're so lucky to post ur request today.I have a portable Dell(latitude D400) laptop i'm sellling at a give away price of 90k.the specs includes: 40G(HD),512MB,pentium(R)M.its being sold with its bag.contact me on 08033958573.
Re: I Need A Laptop by brume2020: 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2008
frankdelis:

please, am not conversant with laptops but i desperately need one. could anyone tell me the make,model i can go for and also the cost ,new and fairly used. thank you.

Hi Frank,

It would help if you were to let us know for what purpose you intend to acquire a laptop. IIs it for everyday home use?. For entertainment?. Will you travel with it a lot?. Are you going to run any special programs that require a powerful graphics processing capability.? There are many questions to be answered.?

I think you need to spend some time to garner an appreciation for how to choose a laptop to meet your requirements. Since you are going to be spending some hard earned cash, it is probably worth your while arming yourself with the relevant information you need to make this all-important decision. A good starting point is perhaps the following laptop buyers guide :-

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptop-buying-guide/

Depending on what you need the laptop for and your budget, you should get a laptop with the following minimum config (i.e. select a config that is future-proof - still relevant for a few more years) and add/increase resources as appropriate to suit your specific purposes:-

Basics

Pentium Dual Core/AMD Dual Core (1.6Ghz - 2Ghz)
1GB Ram (2GB preferably if you can afford it)
120GB hard disk drive
DVD/CD - (Make sure this is a DVD burner not just a reader)
Ethernet Lan/Wireless Network interface
media card reader
6 Cell Lithium Ion battery
Windows Vista Home premium

Extras

Bluetooth
Webcam
Fingerprint reader

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

regards,

Brume

PS: As per choosing a good laptop model I think you can't go wrong with any of HP, Dell, SONY, Lenovo, Apple, Toshiba. HP however has repair centres in Nigeria, and for that very reason, for the Nigerian market the HPs are a smart buy indeed. This is just my personal opinion anyhow.

PS2: Prices range anywhere from 90K for a new laptop all the way up to over 200K for high end specs which are endowed with more generous resources like more CPU power, Disk capacity and memory capacity. The stronger brands like Apple, HP, Lenovo and SONY are pricey though.
Re: I Need A Laptop by otunbaj1(m): 2:56pm On Feb 29, 2008
Hi Frank:
I buy laptops directly from manufacturers and the price i give my customers is very okay.I'd like to know what purpose you want to use the laptop for,is it for (gaming, basic use - papers, internet surfing, etc),how you like it (slick, light/portability, etc).Below are the basic feature a laptop must have,

Basics

Pentium Dual Core/AMD Dual Core (1.6Ghz - 2Ghz)
1GB Ram (2GB preferably)
120-250GB hard disk drive
DVD/CDRW/BURNER-
Ethernet Lan/Wireless Network interface
media card reader
PCIMIA SLOT
Windows Vista Home premium

Below are the extra feature if you want your laptop to have,

Bluetooth
Webcam
Fingerprint reader,

Let me know what exactly you want to use the laptop for and how much you willing to spend , I can be reach on 08024747171.my name is Oriyomi Badmus
Thanks
Yomi
Re: I Need A Laptop by otunbaj1(m): 3:02pm On Feb 29, 2008
Frank,how are you doing, have gotten a new laptop for you,this is the configuration, hp pavillion dv9646em,amd turion,160gb hdd,2gb ram,webcam,bluetooth,5-1n-1 digitalmedia reader,pc card slot,remote control, Let me know if you have interest in it, my number is 08024747171.
Yomi Badmus

(1) (Reply)

Dorminant Viruses. / How I Will Configure My Nigerian Line / How To Convert Itunes Plus To Mp3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.