Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? (756 Views)

Why People Say "God Bless You" After Someone Sneezes / How Do You Say 'I Love You' In Your Native Language? / What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? by golamike: 11:29am On Jan 14, 2013
I always wonder if "bless you" are the right words to say to an individual who sneezes around you. I don't know if it's a Nigerian thing or it's universal. Most of the time, i just keep quiet rather than say "bless you" because i'm not comfortable using those words. I don't know if i'm the only one who thinks those words are not really suitable for that situation. Please, does anyone think like me?? Which word(s) do you consider more appropriate??
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2013
i dont say anything. to sneeze is human. he doesnt require any special blessings.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
I doubt I could bless anyone embarassed. I just say "sorry"
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? by ifyalways(f): 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
Sorry( if the person is courteous enough to sneeze into his handkerchief or away from me)

cover your mouth/no gimme cough cheesy if it's those people that loves to sneeze on someones face.
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? by TableLeg(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
I just tell that someone to go die somewhere else!
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? by golamike: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2013
Table Leg :
I just tell that someone to go die somewhere else!

Be serious for once!
Re: What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You? "Bless You"?? by ekanDamie: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2013
bro, Gud am, I sent u a pm did morning, did forum is for people of like minds to connect. pls I need to connect wit u. my gmail is mackr0138@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Expected To Have Larger Population Than US By 2050 -the Guardian / An Example Of Why Black People Need Our Own Media (NSFW) / Is It Right To Do Your White Wedding Before Your Traditional Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.