Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' (794 Views)

Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie / Da Vinci Code: A Lesson To Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2008
I just watche it recently and I think the directors are trying to toy with our braind and beleifes. what do you think?
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2008
I think they wasted their time.

If Jesus is the SON of God, His supposed marriage to Mary Magdalene will be in conformity with His Father's will, it will not be a sin. He would still be the saviour of the world.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by bolataiwo(m): 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2008
THE AUTHOR OR THE MOVIE DIRECTOR JUST WANT TO GAIN CHEAP POPULARITY THAT IS ALL.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by donjava(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2008
In Nigeria I have come to realise that Religion is an issue that people are willing and ready to kill for,and not that this people/persons are truely upright,in fact John the Baptist regarged such people has hypocrites.

Reigion and the Almighty are not 1,we should to live in accordance with the Will of God(Laws) in Creation.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by MCUsman(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2008
bolataiwo:

THE AUTHOR OR THE MOVIE DIRECTOR JUST WANT TO GAIN CHEAP POPULARITY THAT IS ALL.

How
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by MCUsman(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2008
imhotep:

May be, May be not.
imhotep:

If Jesus is the SON of God, His supposed marriage to Mary Magdalene will be in conformity with His Father's will, it will not be a sin. He would still be the saviour of the world.

The bone of contention is not about saviourship, but his supposed marraige to Mary Magdalene. Why not come out clean. Did he or did he not ?.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2008
MC Usman:

May be, May be not.
The bone of contention is not about saviourship, but his supposed marraige to Mary Magdalene. Why not come out clean. Did he or did he not ?.

Theres no bone of contention here. Anything that contradicts my belief and the bible is falacy, and as a Christian, I'm definitely against that.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2008
I haven't watched it, neither read the book.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Lady2(f): 7:38am On Mar 05, 2008
watched it and it was great entertainment, however i know it's a pigment of the man's imagination

he admitted it's fiction
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Maykelly(f): 9:18am On Mar 05, 2008
I think is silly to watch and to read that Mr. Brown's Movie. Da Vinci Code
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Lady2(f): 6:41am On Mar 06, 2008
@MC Usman

Churches have already said that he did not. But I somehow have this feeling that until the church says what you want to hear (that christ married magdalene) then u won't accept it as "coming clean"

Now I have a question for u. I ask this because I know that Islam acknowledges Christ as one of God's prophets along with the others, so there is respect for him in the religion. So if u are to accept the man, would u kindly defend the prophet and let us know whether or not he was married to mary magdalene.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by MCUsman(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2008
~Lady~:

@MC Usman
Now I have a question for u. I ask this because I know that The Great Religion acknowledges Christ as one of God's prophets along with the others, so there is respect for him in the religion.

Yes which is translated as follows:

"And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the ‘Alamin (Mankind and Jinns) (of her lifetime)", "O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irkai (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Raki’un (those who bow etc.)" [Chapter 3: verses 42-43]

"She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?",

"He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: ‘That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah)", [Chapter 19: verses 16-36]

"He [‘Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet", "And He has made me blessed wherever I be, and has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat (charity), as long as I live." "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest", "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!",

"And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you (from polytheism and disbelief), and chosen you above the women of the ‘Alamin (Mankind and Jinns) (of her lifetime)", "O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irkai (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Raki’un (those who bow etc.)" [Chapter 3: verses 42-43]

~Lady~:

@MC Usman

So if u are to accept the man, would u kindly defend the prophet and let us know whether or not he was married to mary magdalene.

Are you relying on us to protect what "da vinci code" said .

In the first place thier was no mentioned of Mary Magdalene or any other LovePeddler in Qu'ran or the Had'ith that ever associated her self with Jesus. Her character was incoporated into the bible and as such a better ideal should be sought for in the bible.

As for we mus'lims thier is no account of Jesus having married. His mission was cut short that was why the New Testament speaks of the coming of a "Comforter" after the ministry of Jesus. Some Christians believe or were made to believe that the promised "Comforter" is the "Holy Spirit", but this view cannot be maintained because the "Holy Spirit" was already present during Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) ministry, and its coming was not a future event. The Muslims, therefore, believe that the term "Comforter" of necessity refers to a Prophet. He was Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him) the unlearned Prophet , the sole Prophet who brought with him a complete, comprehensive revelation from God which has been preserved as it was revealed to him originally, challenging the whole world to come up with one chapter like it, yet unsuccessfully challenged till present day. It is the Miracle of Miracles, the Last Testament of faith addressed to the whole world embodying complete light and guidance as well as the reprove of sin.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Maykelly(f): 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2008
~Lady~:

@MC Usman

Churches have already said that he did not. But I somehow have this feeling that until the church says what you want to hear (that christ married magdalene) then u won't accept it as "coming clean"

Now I have a question for u. I ask this because I know that The Great Religion acknowledges Christ as one of God's prophets along with the others, so there is respect for him in the religion. So if u are to accept the man, would u kindly defend the prophet and let us know whether or not he was married to mary magdalene.

@ lady = I hope MC USMAN have satisfied your conscience and thought. It is not every nook and cranny book or movie you read or watch if truely you are a christian or Muslim. There are certain things you ignore or they will PUT you away from your believe. Da vinci code is a fairly tale = but will defintely converts some to HELL FIRE or to DESTRUCTION or what ever you like to call it. Stop bordering your Mind and Soul. Do not even ask question about Da vinci Code again.
ANYTHING YOU DID NOT SEE IN THE HOLY BIBLE IS NOT REAL.
Re: What Do You Think Of The Movie/book 'da Vinci Code' by Busta(f): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2008
@topic,

It was so Boringggggggggggggggggggggg

(1) (Reply)

The Place Of Religions In The Modern World / What Is The Name Of Your Creator (only For True Christians And Great Ones ) / The Balanced Creed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.