Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Nigeria: The People, The Hope Of Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The People, The Hope Of Change (440 Views)

Woman Turns Her Fridge Into A Wardrobe In This Era Of Change (pix) / Poor Performance Of APC Giving PDP Hope Of Return In 2019 – Lar / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: The People, The Hope Of Change by larride(m): 2:38pm On Jan 14, 2013
I'm a Nigerian. A proud Nigerian. Whenever i hear the National Anthem, i feel proud of my father's land. Yes, I'm a Nigerian. Since independence and over the years, we has a nation has passed through a lot which include the civil war which many life were lost which usher him the military era and with it years of dictatorship and backwardness, The state we are in now was as result of those years of military dictatorship and rule. Even when we usher in Democracy in 1999 we have been plagued with vision-less leaders, leaders that claims to be fighting corruption but their middle names are LOOTING AND CORRUPTION. Our moral values has declined tremendously, we do not value the life of our neighbor anymore, there is rot and decay in virtually every sector of the economy. Our corrupt leaders has devised a strategy called DIVIDE AND CONQUER which they use to continue to enslave us. We are divided among ethnic, religion and party affiliation with tribal sentiments/war the order of the day which has becloud our sense of reasoning and deny us the ability to think beyond those lines. We all clamor that we want good leadership but no one will go out to vote since they see it as a waste of time thereby denying themselves their basic right. They will be the first to castigate the same leader when he's not performing but they forgot that he got their because they didn't go out to vote. I believe that Nigeria will be great, I believe that we as the people can make the desire change we want but standing on our right and not selling our vote. Let's go out and vote for the best and proven candidate irrespective of their party affiliation and vote them out when they fall short of our expectation. We must raise as one voice saying: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, It doesn't have to be all about violence, we can carry out the revolution without shedding tears. Let's begin to hold our leaders accountable, starting from the LGA councilors and chairman, let's demand accountability and transparency from them and also the State Governors and Federal Government, let us hold the future of this nation in our hands and the future of our unborn generations. We the change we need start from our homes to the community we live in, Let us all stand as ONE and rise beyond Ethnic, Religion, Tribe, Party Affiliation. Let our voice be heard, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, Let us raise the bar of expectation from our leaders and not be contented with little or poor performance, We have the power to be the change we so much desired,

(1) (Reply)

Farmers Must Get Phones:no Going Back Says FG / Kaduna Dep Speaker, Six Others Arraigned For N30m Fraud. / Mdas Admit Taking Bribes For Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.