Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Nigeria: The People, The Message Of Hope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The People, The Message Of Hope (496 Views)

Rays Of Hope For Economy As FG Fights Back With N3trn TSA Fund / The Message That Nailed Amaechi And Dakuku. Pictures. / Drop Your Message of Commendation For President GEJ Here.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: The People, The Message Of Hope by larride(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
I'm a Nigerian. A proud Nigerian. Whenever i hear the National Anthem, i feel proud of my father's land. Yes, I'm a Nigerian. Since independence and over the years, we has a nation has passed through a lot, which include the civil war which many life's were lost, which usher in the military era and with it years of dictatorship and backwardness, The state we are in now was as result of those years of military dictatorship and rule. Even when we usher in Democracy in 1999 we have been plagued with vision-less leaders, leaders that claims to be fighting corruption but their middle names are LOOTING AND CORRUPTION. Our moral values has declined tremendously, we do not value the life of our neighbor anymore, there is rot and decay in virtually every sector of the economy. Our corrupt leaders has devised a strategy called DIVIDE AND CONQUER which they use to continue to loot our common wealth. We are divided among ethnic, religion and party affiliation with tribal sentiments/war the order of the day which has becloud our sense of reasoning and deny us the ability to think beyond those affiliation. We all clamor that we want good leadership but no one will go out to vote since they see it as a waste of time thereby denying themselves their basic right. They will be the first to castigate the same leader when he's not performing but they forget that he got there because they didn't go out to vote. I believe that Nigeria will be great, I believe that we as the people can make the desire change we want by standing on our right and not selling our vote. Let's go out and vote for the best and proven candidate irrespective of their party affiliation and vote them out when they fall short of our expectation. We must raise as one voice saying: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, It doesn't have to be all about violence, we can carry out the revolution without bloodshed. Let's begin to hold our leaders accountable, starting from the LGA councilors and chairman, let's demand accountability and transparency from them and also the State Governors and Federal Government, let us hold the future of this nation in our hands and the future of our unborn generations. The change we need start from our homes to the community we live in, Let us all stand as ONE and rise beyond Ethnic, Religion, Tribe, Party Affiliation. Let our voice be heard, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, Let us raise the bar of expectation from our leaders and not be contented with little or poor performance, We have the power to be the change we so much desired, The change is within our reach, the power is within us, let us harness these powers and stand up against non-performance from our LGA to the Federal level, Let our leaders begin to see that they are there to serve us, Its our joint resources, Its our joint wealth, let's demand how our resources and wealth are being spent and let's all stand up against gross injustice and corruption. Remember, the power of change lies within us, Let's come together and say with one voice, WE ARE NIGERIANS AND WE DESERVE FAR BETTER THAN THESE.

We can change the future of our dear nation,
YES WE CAN.
We can create a nation which unborn generations will thank us for,
YES WE CAN.
We can be the change we so much desire,
YES WE CAN.
Because we are Nigerians and our voices must be heard
YES WE CAN.

Revolution has already started, we are already holding our grass-root leaders accountable, BEGIN TO HOLD YOURS ACCOUNTABLE ALSO. We will surely get there because YES WE CAN.

I'm a NIGERIAN, A PROUD NIGERIAN
Re: Nigeria: The People, The Message Of Hope by larride(m): 12:22am On Nov 14, 2023
afrodoc2

Please check your mail.

(1) (Reply)

FG Unveils Programmes For 100 Years Celebration / “it Will Take Nigeria 70 Years To Pay Off N6.6 Trillion Debt” – Henry Boyo / Goat Dies In Police Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.