Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday (29764 Views)

Kola Aluko's £50m Yacht JayZ+Beyonce Used For Holiday (pics) / See What Jayz & Beyonce Got For Blue Ivy As Her Birthday Gift / Jay-Z, Beyonce Lose Trademark Battle For 'Blue Ivy' Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 14, 2013

When your parents are the highest paid celebrity couple in the world, you come to expect a bit more than chocolate cake and a few balloons for your birthday. Yes, even if you're 1.

Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce and Jay Z's baby girl, turned 1 last week -- and her parents definitely went all out.

Aside from the $1 million a year nursery the power couple has for their girl at the Barclays Center, they reportedly spent $200,000 -- although we wouldn't be surprised if this number was slightly inflated -- on her first birthday party.

According to The Sun, the luckiest girl in the world got a custom-made $80,000 diamond-encrusted Barbie doll. An additional $95,000 went on pink and white roses (blue ivy must be out of season); $30,000 went on costumes, jewelry, and toys for baby Blue Ivy's friends and their parents; and of course, you can't have a party without a cake -- a $2,400 cake, that is.

“Nothing’s been too big or expensive for their little princess," a source told The Sun. "They wanted her first birthday to set the tone for the rest of her life. They work hard for their money and the first thing they want to spend it on is their baby girl."

Bey and Jay are not the first doting parents to pamper their little one with lavish gifts. From fancy cars to renting out an ice rink, celebrity moms and dads love to spend on their little ones. But given that Blue Ivy is too young to understand what she's got, we wonder what to expect when she grows up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/blue-ivys-birthday-present_n_2472817.html
[url=9jaolofofo.com.ng/jay-z-buys-blue-ivy-a-80000-diamond-encrusted-barbie-doll-as-birthday-gift-photo/]SOURCE[/url]

3 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by overdrive(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
Misplaced priorities and how much did they give to support d victims of d recent hurricane?

28 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2013
^^^

Its their money and they worked for it so I don't think its misplaced priority. Maybe to them family comes 1st.

11 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by pedestal82(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
A parable in my place, says " u don't ask sombody that has oil what/why is he frying.

2 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by RedLight1: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
overdrive: Misplaced priorities and how much did they give to support d victims of d recent hurricane?
its like locking money down... just like Gold... stuffs like that dont depreciate ... so when they are broke ... they can sell it and make same amount or more in future

9 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by DANILSA(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
NA THIS ONE MY FATHER DE CALL WHOPPING SUM OF MONEY shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by snowdrops(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
what would a one year old do with a diamond doll?
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by senateservices(m): 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
i dont want to read it, but to me it stupidity to buy a doll of such amount when they are suppose to take the money to the orphanage home......mtwchwwwwww .
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
[size=13pt]$80,000 on a doll that will have its clothes stripped, hair cut, and head removed by a carefree toddler. Nice investment. That girl won't be spoiled at all.[/size]

20 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by mankand(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2013
overdrive: Misplaced priorities and how much did they give to support d victims of d recent hurricane?

guy you be saddist......what makes it misplaced priority....do you know how much and what beyonce does for charity? it is theit money and not yours.... if i may ask how many beyonce's album have you bought? you come herr spitting venom on nairaland.... anyway they want tospend it let them be..
focus on how you will spend more than that on your own kids...

11 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by kenny987(f): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2013
Good 4 them though it's probably 2 gratify their status cos Blue Ivy is too little 2 appreciate the lavish gifts, esp the doll! She'll probably bite off d diamonds if they'll even let her play with it...lol

1 Like

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by gen2briz(m): 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
EFCC may so sue JayZ & Beyonce Buying $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's

2 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by zill(f): 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2013
lipsrsealed Lord bless the work of my hands o.

6 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by aribisala0(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
No BLACK dolls??

13 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by dack7(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
i subscribe 2 ur idea
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Goldenheart(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
Hatters will keep hating...
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by mankand(m): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
[quote
author=ogugua88][size=13pt]$80,000 on a doll that will
have its clothes stripped, hair cut, and head removed by a carefree
toddler. Nice investment. That girl won't be spoiled at
all.[/size]
[/quote]

madam park well....... pray to have a kid and not pikin..... theirs is a kid

6 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by safarigirl(f): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
aribisala0: No BLACK dolls??
Black dolls? They'll suspect you of witchcraft grin

2 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2013
See d doll lyk Barbie Cartoon. & she might still destroy it.
Btw, Who made her the luckiest girl in the world? Op, talk another thing.
Singing the song... 'Is it your money? Na my money, make I spend am, on anything I like'.
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Parisgoodman(m): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
can someone give me the name of Bey/Jay charity organization or foundation? while I know that they worked for their money, others did same(not my biz tho but I must talk cos one way or the other the duos has made money from me) opera winfery, warren buffet, etc. hope they wont buy her queen elizabeth 's head when she turns 10........shit still happens!

2 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2013
mankand: madam park well....... pray to have a kid and not pikin..... theirs is a kid

[size=13pt]At 1 year of age, what's the difference? Babies and toddlers do not know the value of anything.[/size]

1 Like

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by superior1: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Its no big deal, Jonathan spends roughly 6.4 million dollars (1 billion Naira) to eat yearly undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by ayobase(m): 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]$80,000 on a doll that will have its clothes stripped, hair cut, and head removed by a carefree toddler. Nice investment. That girl won't be spoiled at all.[/size]

That doll will never experience those, Blue Ivy or wetin be her name should be careful rather, cos a doll of $80000 can do THINGS!
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by afm4ever(m): 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
DANILSA: NA THIS ONE MY FATHER DE CALL WHOPPING SUM OF MONEY shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
pls i beg u i no wan laff abeg
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by popesam: 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
its their money
its their call. I just don't understand why one person will have it all while some other has known. God indeed works in misterious wayss(like i often hear). And i hear someone say 'hard work'? Them work one quarter wetin my papa nd mama dey do everyday? Smh abeg. I dey vex

7 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by mysticgal(f): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
money talks,bulshit works,mehn does people sulking about jay and bey wastyn their cash are just people with poor mentality,u dont expect wealithy parents to buy a rag doll for their kids.....and am reaching there soon.DETRACTO...RS attack
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by etalker: 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
And here I am looking for where to get #40, 000 to change my car. Smh!
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Krucifax(m): 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
Firstly and perhaps most importantly it's their money so it's their business. However it would perhaps have been nicer to read that JayZ and Beyonce donated $80,000 to a Black community unemployment scheme or $80,000 to a Black Orphange or $80,000 to an education fund for young Black kids.

Blacks listen to their music and go to their shows the most,a little giving back would have been nice but hey it's their money but i can't imagine anyone who'd read this and be impressed,extravagance if you ask me undecided

10 Likes

Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by djeezy(m): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
Superfluous, extravagant, love.
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Stegomiah: 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2013
Vanity upon Vanity all IS̶̲̥̅ Vanity! A baby dat does not know anytin, wat if she dies 2mao, not wishn ar dat, jst askin
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by amor4ce(m): 9:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
aribisala0: No BLACK dolls??
it is probably one more evidence that the couple are being used to confuse blacks and lead them astray. Blacks that try to be white declare themselves useless to creation - my opinion.
Re: JayZ & Beyonce Buy $80,000 Doll For Blue Ivy's First Birthday by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2013

Stegomiah: Vanity upon Vanity all IS̶̲̥̅ Vanity! A baby dat does not know anytin, wat if she dies 2mao, not wishn ar dat, jst askin

Who has the money? Who are they spending it on? Is it your money?
Put you money where your mouth is..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Fan Tattoos Davido’s “See Gobe" On Her Back (Picture) / #10YearsOfWizkid: Fans Celebrate Wizkid's 10 Years In Music Industry / 40 And 6: Bovi And Daughter Celebrate Their Birthdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.