Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,247 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:45 PM

Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? (667 Views)

7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins! / The Ancient Town Of Awka: Fragments Of Its History, Traditions And Culture / Non-nigerians Pls Identify Urself Here. Let Us Into Ur Beliefs/cultures/traditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by segunoz(m): 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
I always ask myself this questions regardless of my own recent convition that our traditions are mostly backward oriented, inhibity growth and progress.
Subliminally, the whole junkload of superstitions, do's and don't's and the rest of the bleeping things we have been encumbered with only manages to narrow our coridor of thought.
What do you have to say to this?
Re: Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by StarFlux: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
So you think our traditions are inferior? Silly thinking.

The west has a tradition of conquering & destroying, you think that is a good thing? There are many great things about African traditions. Many have moved away from the traditional religions, but there is more to tradition than just religion. Dance, music and language! Just like there's more to western tradiiton than just conquering and destroying.

If you don't like your traditions, then no one is forcing you to keep them, but don't come running back when you're without identity.

2 Likes

Re: Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by ihedioramma: 5:35am On Jan 15, 2013
THAT IS WHY JESUS CAME TO THE WORLD TO STOP THE WRONG ONE'S . OBEY THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS AND FORGET ABOUT THAT .
Re: Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2013
ihedioramma: THAT IS WHY JESUS CAME TO THE WORLD TO STOP THE WRONG ONE'S . OBEY THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS AND FORGET ABOUT THAT .

SHUT UP! JESUS CAME TO THIS WORLD TO CAUSE TROUBLE AND DESTROY THE TRUE CULTURES AND RELIGIONS! THANK GODS, THE ROMANS THOUGHT HIM A GOOD LESSON! HE DIED CRYING FOR HIS GOD THAT NEVER CAME!
Re: Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by ihedioramma: 8:22am On Jan 15, 2013
MAY GOD HAVE MARCY ON YOU.
Re: Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by ihedioramma: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2013
MAY GOD HAVE MARCY ON YOU. STOP YOUR SIN NOW THERE IS TIME.
Re: Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by ifyalways(f): 8:55am On Jan 15, 2013
^dude you are such an irritant. Argh! Just Fvck off please.
Re: Are Our Traditions Really Sblime? by ifyalways(f): 8:57am On Jan 15, 2013
segunoz: I always ask myself this questions regardless of my own recent convition that our traditions are mostly backward oriented, inhibity growth and progress.
Subliminally, the whole junkload of superstitions, do's and don't's and the rest of the bleeping things we have been encumbered with only manages to narrow our coridor of thought.
What do you have to say to this?
what do you know about our, no, your tribal traditions?

Share!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Know Anything About Igbo Names / Same Sex Marriage Ban: Does It Affect Igbo Culture? / Disclaimer:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.