Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? (828 Views)

CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access / Emeka Offor, Abike Dabiri’s Firms, Others Owe Banks N143.81bn / Angel Investors And Aspiring Entrepreneurs Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? by xploits777(m): 11:29pm On Jan 14, 2013
I'm alarmed to learn that majority of our micro-finance firms still request for collateral before granting loans.
To do serious business and and make meaningful investment with significant attractive margins in non-unique business
ventures (the category many businesses fall), a good capital base (both start-up and working capital) is of utmost importance.

I learnt the hard way since I became an entrepreneur several years back. However, my concern is that every time I tried to break from
this struggling phase like many other colleagues, capital inadequacy stares at you irrespective of your fantastic ideas and projections.
I resorted to organic growth model and often wished for that day when fortune would smile, and the sort of galloping leap you hear and
read about in developed countries transform great ideas into real world wonders.

I tell you, I'm always awed by Seun's resilience and he is a true, dogged minded entrepreneur Nigeria needs around (although I may disagree with him on
several value systems which are personal to all). There are a few others around as well but don't get bored by my write-up.

Any help in the house on fantastic financing options for existing SMEs (at least for a business that has survived the crucial 5 years cycle with consistent revenue growth averaging 100% +/- 20)

Thank you.
exploits777@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? by xploits777(m): 5:10am On Jan 15, 2013
xploits777: I'm alarmed to learn that majority of our micro-finance firms still request for collateral before granting loans.
To do serious business and and make meaningful investment with significant attractive margins in non-unique business
ventures (the category many businesses fall), a good capital base (both start-up and working capital) is of utmost importance.

I learnt the hard way since I became an entrepreneur several years back. However, my concern is that every time I tried to break from
this struggling phase like many other colleagues, capital inadequacy stares at you irrespective of your fantastic ideas and projections.
I resorted to organic growth model and often wished for that day when fortune would smile, and the sort of galloping leap you hear and
read about in developed countries transform great ideas into real world wonders.

I tell you, I'm always awed by Seun's resilience and he is a true, dogged minded entrepreneur Nigeria needs around (although I may disagree with him on
several value systems which are personal to all). There are a few others around as well but don't get bored by my write-up.

Any help in the house on fantastic financing options for existing SMEs (at least for a business that has survived the crucial 5 years cycle with consistent revenue growth averaging 100% +/- 20)

Thank you.
exploits777@yahoo.co.uk

Anyone with useful information kindly post here or send me email.
Thank you
Re: Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2013
xploits777:

Anyone with useful information kindly post here or send me email.
Thank you

Have you tried knocking at the door post of the Bank of Industry here in Nigeria? It's one government owned finanacial institution saddled with the responsibility of financing SME's. Another one is the Nigerian Export and Import bank (NEXIM). I seem to fall under same category with you and I'm presently applying for financing and with God, I am hoping it will trun out positive
Re: Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? by utimatedes(m): 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Vision2017:

Have you tried knocking at the door post of the Bank of Industry here in Nigeria? It's one government owned finanacial institution saddled with the responsibility of financing SME's. Another one is the Nigerian Export and Import bank (NEXIM). I seem to fall under same category with you and I'm presently applying for financing and with God, I am hoping it will trun out positive

Bank of Industry only fund SMEs that are into manufacturing or production, so if you are into services, no waste your time except you join their cooperative programme.
Re: Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? by kamalahmed(m): 10:18am On Jan 17, 2013
Mr. Enterpreneur, was that your business you need finance for register with corporate affirs commission? if register, then 2. do you open corprate account for the business with any banks or Bank of Agriculture, etc? if you do and maintain good and sincere rapour with your account officer, then 3. you can any temporary loan you needed to facilitate your business.

my guy, no any finance institutions want to partner with un-register business enterprise and as well no maintain account with them?
Re: Any Help With Non-collateral Based SME Financing Firms Or Angel Investors??? by kamalahmed(m): 10:43am On Jan 17, 2013
MR. ENTERPRENEUR, FRANKLY SPEAKING. AS AN ENTERPRENEUR, YOU CAN MAKE HEAD WAY WITHOUTH MAINTAINING SINCERE PARTNERSHIP WITH FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.

THAT IS THE MISTAKE MANY OF US MADE AT THE BEGINING.AND THE STARTING POINT IS: GET YOUR BUSINESS NAME REGISTERE AND COLLECT THE BUSINESS CERTIFICATE. THEN, I DENTIFY THOSE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS THAT ARE SMEs FRIENDLY AND OPEN BUSINESS ACCOUNT WITH THEM. I PROMISED YOU, IF YOU MAINTAIN SINCERE BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM, YOU CAN NEVER LACKS MONEY IN YOUR LIFE ANYMORE.

INFACT, IT WILL COME TIME, THEY WIL BEG YOU TO TAKE LOAN FOR BUSINESS EXPANSION

(1) (Reply)

Fiverr How Can I Pay For Product On It / Practical Steps On How I Intend Making My First # 1million. / How To Make $3000 Monthly Online Even If You Have No Abusolutly Idea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.