Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver (888 Views)

How To Create Premium Joomla Template With Dreamweaver / How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? / Designing A Website: For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Reubenkc: 11:35pm On Jan 14, 2013
Pls someone help. How do I use dreamweaver to design a simple blog site. A blog site that will involve posts and comments
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Afam4eva(m): 12:02am On Jan 15, 2013
This is gonna be one heck of a job.

What doing you really mean by designing a blog? is it just to design the structure with HTML and CSS or the dynamic backend? if the latter is the case then you need to educate yourself more about web designing.

Dreamweaver is a web design editor and not a CMS. if you want to design a blog, you'lkl need a CMS like wordpress or B2evoltion. Another way which is the hard way is to code it from scratch and in doing this, you have to master a scripting language eg PHP, Pearl etc and a databse management system eg Mysql etc.
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
Afam4eva: This is gonna be one heck of a job.

What doing you really mean by designing a blog? is it just to design the structure with HTML and CSS or the dynamic backend? if the latter is the case then you need to educate yourself more about web designing.

Dreamweaver is a web design editor and not a CMS. if you want to design a blog, you'lkl need a CMS like wordpress or B2evoltion. Another way which is the hard way is to code it from scratch and in doing this, you have to master a scripting language eg PHP, Pearl etc and a databse management system eg Mysql etc.
so can you code a blog from down up with just html,css,php,mysql
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Afam4eva(m): 8:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
paddy4destiny: so can you code a blog from down up with just html,css,php,mysql
Most definitely. But it's a waste of time really as there are engines that make the job easier for you.
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by sisqology(m): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Most definitely. But it's a waste of time really as there are engines that make the job easier for you.

Ur signature dey ma pocket
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by utimatedes(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2013
Why do you want to reinvent the wheel when they are better platform to do that. What you need is how to develop a theme or template for any of the chosen platform.
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Gerardcole(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2013
Even if you know Server Side scripting, client side scripting, HTML, CSS . Your work would never be better than what a TEAM worked on (CMS).

The in thing now is how one can modify and uniquefy (e dey my englis dictionary! tongue) the already set Engines.
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Afam4eva(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
Gerardcole: Even if you know Server Side scripting, client side scripting, HTML, CSS . Your work would never be better than what a TEAM worked on (CMS).

The in thing now is how one can modify and uniquefy (e dey my englis dictionary! tongue) the already set Engines.
The bolded is not necessarily right. Why i think it's not really wise to code a blog from scratch, there are reasons why you may want to do that. One of which is security. A website that you coded by yourself from scratch will most likely be more difficult to penetrate because the infrastructure is not available in public domain.
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by sisqology(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ahan, SECURITY!!! That's just it. It can't be secure enough
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Gerardcole(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
True talk @Afam, Your coded projects are very much secure so long you code with safety precautions. Cos no one else knows the structure except you the programmer. Unlike popular free softwares like WordPress when hackers dey study as if them dey dey study Maths.

I gotta ask. Had anyone ever heard a vBulletin Forum hacked
Re: Designing A Blog With Dreamweaver by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Gerardcole:
I gotta ask. Had anyone ever heard a vBulletin Forum hacked
I've never heard a vbulletin forum being hacked but that's not to say none has ever been hacked before. But from what i've heard vbulletin is more secure than SMF. That's why it's kinda expensive and not everyone can afford.

(1) (Reply)

Has My Site Been Hacked? / How Do I Read Through Huge PHP Code Samples? / Please I Need Help, My Site Has Been Blacklisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.