Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful (21790 Views)

How To Know You Are Becoming Successful / Excuses Graduates Give For Not Starting Their Own Business / 5 Things That Keeps People From Getting Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by molisk(f): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
“Excuses are the tools with which persons with no purpose in view build for themselves great monuments of nothing.” ~Steven Grayhm

We are capable of accomplishing anything and everything our minds can imagine! Then what is holding us back? What prevents us from taking our first step? What we consider to be the CAUSE of failure or BARRIER to the destination is nothing but various masquerades of EXCUSE. Excuse convinces you to accept failure over success. It justifies your inaction and fear of failure, makes you arrogant to mark error and cocky to identify the opportunity, finds impossibility in anything and discourages you from transforming your dreams into reality.

1. It is very difficult

2. I am too young or too old to go for it

3. Nobody takes me seriously or I have been rejected

4. I am not that much educated

5. I don’t know how

6. I don’t have time

7. He/she is responsible for my failure

8. It is very risky

9. What if/could/would

10. The idea is not perfect or might not work.

Taken as summary from: http://www.successstories.co.in/10-excuses-that-prevent-you-from-becoming-successful/

21 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by uboma(m): 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by molisk(f): 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
Thanks Uboma smiley
I hope our fellow Nairalanders add some more points to it.

uboma: nice one.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by meamanda(f): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
Very well said cheesy

#6 is the most common excuse almost all of us make shocked

1 Like

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Guarantor(m): 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
They are real. Many Thank
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 15, 2013
wowww... I really love dis. Tanx man.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by molisk(f): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
Let's pose this to Nairalanders!

Which excuse do you relate yourself to? It could or could not be from the list.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by eninaija(f): 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
NUMBER 11- I DON'T HAVE ANY CONNECTIONS!!!

6 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by talk2D: 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
meamanda: Very well said cheesy

#6 is the most common excuse almost all of us make shocked

Maybe All of you.
Do you knw it is good to procrastinate sometimes?
Though, it depends.
But always try to think and discover things urself.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by molisk(f): 10:25am On Jan 16, 2013
Well said. Sometimes taking a thoughtful decision needs you to take time. One can call it procrastination or whatever.

talk2D:
Maybe All of you.
Do you knw it is good to procrastinate sometimes?
Though, it depends.
But always try to think and discover things urself.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by njcdrich: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
11. Since I failed yesterday, I can't try it again today

1 Like

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by molisk(f): 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Very well said smiley

njcdrich: 11. Since I failed yesterday, I can't try it again today
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by steve002(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
great
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by neksummi(m): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2013
That's lovely. I'm sharing this thread right away with my guys on this other thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all

I'm sure non of them is an excuse giver that's why they're there with me.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by chessguru1(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hey op what about "its that winchy winchy's fault"...or "my enemies are @ it again". Loolz
www.fatsolution.net
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Revolva(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
11. Nigeria is too hard to be an enterpreneur!! (Loans, electricity)
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Some of these excuses can also protect one from failure, excuses like
-It is risky (it might actually be risky and meant to be avoided)
or
-It might not work. Because whatever plan it is might actually fail and lead to loss of money and time.

2 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by pawa4ul: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
11. I can't do it.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Gabrielsylar(m): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Now this the kinda of thing FRONT PAGE should be about NOT RUKY SANDALS.....

3 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by yuzedo: 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
"Yuzedo, it is to big. It can't enter... Pleaseeeee!!!!"

That was the excuse she gave angry and she lost her chance to make $5000,25348.06 and be successful in life undecided

3 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Andybaby: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
in as much as we want be successful, we must be successful God's way. not to engage in illegal, immoral business or engaging occultic groups for money or wealth. we must be hardworking, do business that are legal and decent. then we can say we are truly successful in God's eyes

3 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by hrmkz: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
Guilty all the way... am too cautious!!!
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
1. It is very difficult ---- of course it's very difficult to make it without believing in myself.

2. I am too young or too old to go for it ----- of course am too young to lose hope on becoming a billionaire.

3. Nobody takes me seriously or I have been rejected ----- of course nobody takes me serious but who cares, am doing great in my business

4. I am not that much educated ----- of course am not that educated but my business is fetching me money more than the educated ones.

5. I don’t know how ----- of course i don't know how but i employed an expert to do some works for me.

6. I don’t have time ---- of course i don't have time, am busy with my business making money

7. He/she is responsible for my failure ---- of course she was, but nevertheless i dumped her and moved on.

8. It is very risky ----- of course it could be very risky to jump down from mainland bridge for 10k

9. What if/could/would ---- of course what if am going to lose a huge amount, well let me invest little for a start

10. The idea is not perfect or might not work. ----of course the idea of killing for money is not perfect and might not work, so let me stick with my importation business because am making millions annually.

@ OP, now tell me how am a failure??

21 Likes

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by alfredo4u(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
wisdom is profitable to direct. money wil come for sure.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by hassymo5(m): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
I LIKE YOU CAN I HAVE UR NUMBER? THAT IS IF U ARE A LADY......LOL grin grin

991: 6. I don’t have time ---- of course i don't have time, am busy with my business making money.

8. It is very risky ----- of course it could be very risky to jump down from mainland bridge for 10k
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by slimming: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
wonderful points.

1 Like

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by laksides: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nothing is impossible until its done
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by pinky21(f): 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Dis is kul. D most common excuse in naija is spirituals problems/village witches/home troubles. cos dey re tired of trying
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by shiftbutton: 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
Number 13: I don't like rushing into anything

Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by ujukala: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
True, although there are other reason.
Re: Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful by mabcos: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
U just made my day. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saloon Or Viewing Centre / CBN May Devalue Naira Steeply After 2023 Elections - Bloomberg / Google Unveils Plans For Its New £1 Billion London Based Headquarters (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.