Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Did People From Your Part Of The Country Shave Before Colonisation? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did People From Your Part Of The Country Shave Before Colonisation? (748 Views)

Colonisation Of Igbos By The Igalas & Its Effects / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo / Spains Scars From 800 Years Of "Moorish" Colonisation...(odd / Interesting Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Did People From Your Part Of The Country Shave Before Colonisation? by bokmal(m): 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2013
HEY NLs,

I've been wondering if Nigerians from any part of the shaved before the arrival of Europeans? Did they use razors and shaving creams? Or maybe even something else.

It would be interesting to know how people from your part of the country did it.
Re: Did People From Your Part Of The Country Shave Before Colonisation? by cantell(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
bokmal: HEY NLs,

I've been wondering if Nigerians from any part of the shaved before the arrival of Europeans? Did they use razors and shaving creams? Or maybe even something else.

It would be interesting to know how people from your part of the country did it.
Why not try googling instead? No use opening threads for general info.
Re: Did People From Your Part Of The Country Shave Before Colonisation? by bokmal(m): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
cantell:
Why not try googling instead? No use opening threads for general info.

I don't see how that's general info that's why I asked it here . It's something that I've wondered about and whatever the answer is, it has to do with our history and culture.

(1) (Reply)

The Largest Community Of Akwa Ibomites On Twitter / Can Some1 Teach Me Language? / When Ibadan Man Takes His Cousins To Santa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.