Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Used Cars Wanted - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Used Cars Wanted (47760 Views)

Buying Naija Used Cars...how To Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle!!! / Clean Nigerian Used Cars For Sale!!! *best Offer / Export Used Cars From U.s Into Nigeria At D Cheapest Rate Ever!(very Cheap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Used Cars Wanted by obua: 7:27pm On May 17, 2006
L&G,
you can check for detailed info on cars on this british site- www.parkers.co.uk
Re: Used Cars Wanted by twinstaiye(m): 11:09am On Jun 02, 2006
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Greatpeter(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2006
Old glory what of Mercedes benz V-boot?

Can you help?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by dakmanzero(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2006
hey old glory, can you give contact details?

I imagine there are many nairalanders like me who dont want to go the cotonou route once more, and will appreciate having a direct contact in the states.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by nairamar(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2006
I have a free site for cars at www.nairamarket.com, you might be able to get some info from the guy's who've used it.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2006
@Greatpeter

I am sorry but the V-Boot is too old. I do not think it is worth shipping at this point. No disrespect.

@Dakmanzero

I would prefer to give you advice if you need some on the thread. I have my hands full at the moment and cannot take on more business at this time. I will inform you if things changes. But if you decide to buy something, i can help with the pros and cons of the vehicle.

@Nairamar

Sorry, but the site is weak!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by hobat4cash(m): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2006
guys anybody interested in buying any ride should post the type he or she wants and i will give a very fair price right here in nigeria no need looking outside. wink
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2006
I will review his price, and be like a consumer guide. Good Price does not always mean a good car. If the car is made or was shipped from the USA. I can help!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by marvin007(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2006
Hi All,

I just stumbled on this great nigerian site and looks good to me, they are doing well, u can get all your price listings there on watever product you want and contact your buyer it works just as ebay. www.eclemo.com

But still, Old glory. I dont know if you can help me out with the price of this car a used good condition peugeot 505 all fitted saloon car, including shipping requirements.

catch ya.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2006
Marvin

We do not sell Peugeot in the USA. Sales of Peugeot stopped years ago. Sorry!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Atipo: 4:59am On Jun 16, 2006
Let me help out oldglory, Since you said you are not at this time involve in shipping to Nija, I do, I am a dealer here is US (PA) and involving in various auctions in eastcoast area. The prices oldglory gave to you are great prices, but are the auction's prices. Pls prove me wrong oldglory.
I will answer your questions and will like to help getting you cars at auction price plus my stipend commission, but you have to trust me ( I know it is difficult to trust Nija with money ) and I have to trust you as well.

Let me know what you need.
Thanks
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2006
Atipo

The only problem with Auctions, is that you never know what you are getting. You might be getting a lemon and there is an element of "Luck" associated with Auctions. That is why they are usually cheaper. But no doubt, go ahead and do your thing, I think you should let them know how much your commision is from the Jump, and all the timetables ETC. Goodluck with the Trust Issue, that is why i am reluctant to deal with my people. It always ends up being a screaming match. It is two different mindsets btw us here in the US and those in Nigeria. The want "Fully Loaded" and do not want to pay for it.

I am not sure if the headache is worth the money.

Goodluck anyway!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by deal4real: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2006
As for now we can't help you, but soon we can!

http://groups.msn.com/2deal4real/_whatsnew.msnw
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SpecA: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2006
Hi I am new to this forum. I live in America and have a license to deal in automobiles. I also have a restoration shop. I will help any one that is interested in purchasing a great car at a fair price. As Old Glory stated there are many regulations a licensed dealer must follow. These are laws to protect you the consumer. We are interested in serving your automotive needs, and you can be sure you can trust us. We are bonded to protect you. Take a look at my websites and tell me what you think. http://www.spectacularauto.com and http://www.spectaculardetail.com
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Temi1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2006
1995 Nissan Primera for sale
Colour: Green
Transmission: Manual
Drive System: Front Wheel Drive
Seat Finishing: Upholstry
Sound System: Radio Casstte Player

Other features of the car include : ABS Brakes, SRS Airbags, Power windows, Power mirrors, alloy wheels, central lock, factory fitted a/c, spoiler. All this is going for an asking price of 450K.
Interested buyers can contact me

Re: Used Cars Wanted by DoMH: 12:18am On Jul 05, 2006
thanks
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
DomH

I will suggest you ship only the PT Cruiser and the Lincoln Navi-G. It will cost you about $1600 Each to ship RORO to Lagos. Then it will cost about N280K-N320K To clear the PT Cruiser and will cost between N390-N470 to clear the Navi-G. Now depending on how clean your car is, i suggest you sell the PT cruiser for N2-N2.2 Million and the Navigator for about N2.5-N2.8Million. But the Ford will not be worth your trouble at this point. I suggest you send it home for your family member or just sell it locally. But the ford will fetch around Naira 1m just for kicks.

Hope i was helpful!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by walel: 12:51am On Jul 08, 2006
@ OldGlory na wa oh u seem to have this car shipping stuff under ur hat really well, i have a couple of questions i am in chicago and trying to help my broda ship a car over to Lagos would you recommend RORO or container? and what state is it best/cheapest to ship cars from? Thx for any info you might have ,
Re: Used Cars Wanted by DoMH: 3:19am On Jul 08, 2006
Thanks for the info.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 4:42am On Jul 08, 2006
Wale

Please ship RORO. If you have contacts in the NY/NJ Area, the best port to ship out of, is the port of New York or Newark. Very quick and easy. Do not waste your money with Container.

Domh

I think you should ship the Contour on second thoughts.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SpecA: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2006
Walel

I am in Chicago and have a neighbor that ships cars to his family in Nigera. You have to have it at customs for 72 hours and then it ships out for between 1500 to 1800 dollars. Call me if you like at 630 922 9405 I can give you further details
Re: Used Cars Wanted by walel: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2006
@ SpecA thx for the response i already got the info that it cost that much to ship out i believe this is RORO as its cheaper my issue now is how to get into dealer auctions so one can buy this cars really cheap , do u have any ideas? i am at work now so might call u later in the day.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by mufasaus: 1:49am On Jul 11, 2006
You have two ways of buying cars from dealers auction.
1. You can go with a dealer and pay them some fees
2. You will need to register with your state as a used car dealer. In most cases, you are required to have a lot, if you intend to buy your cars for shipment to foreign destinations, then, you do not need a lot, but all cars you bought cannot be registered in the US.
If you need more info, I will let you know.

BTW, I am telling everybody, becareful in shipping cars to Nigeria, you have to know what you are doing. I have bought a lot of pickup trucks per marketing info and I end up loosing money on them. I have also made money on some cars that I did not think I will make money on. The best way to make money is to buy cheap and mostly Japanese cars. I have bought 2000 Honda accord, fully loaded for $4500, 1997 Toyota Camry for $1500 etc. If I know where you live in the US, I can tell you where and how to get good deals ob cars.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SpecA: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2006
You will need to register with your state as a used car dealer.

You don't exactly register as a used car dealer, you have to apply for a license. In Illinois you need to do the following:

Submit a $20,000.00 bond.
Pay $1,000.00 license fee.
Have proper dealership insurance and workman's comp ins. 8000.00 per year and up depending on the number of employees.
Have a location zoned for car sales. A lot is not required however, the state is very particular as to how cars can be shown. If you rent the space the lease must be in effect to the end of the calendar year. You can not operate a dealership out of your house in IL.
The office must have a desk, chair, file cabinets, and land line. If you intend on issuing TRP's you must have a computer with internet access.
If you do not offer a repair service on site (a separate license) you need to have a licensed repair shop sign off on your dealer's application that they will handle the repair issues. If you do offer a repair service you need to apply separately and get EPA compliance.
Fingerprints and a background check need to be submitted with the application.
A FEIN (Fed employer identification number) and a state resale certificate must be obtained before applying.
On your location you must have a sign on the door with the company name and the hours open. You must be open a minimum of 4 hours per day 5 days a week. No cars can be sold on Sunday. You must also have a permanent sign on the street where the dealership is located.
When you have all this stuff you send in your application and the state comes out and inspects your facility.

Once you get your license you must keep a police book of all transactions and you can not sell to anyone on the Specially Designated Nationals list that is kept by the Fed. Dept. of Treasury.

There's probably a lot more that I'm forgetting. Also, the license is only good for the calendar year. Every year in December you must reapply and send the $1,000 fee. Also, the state can and does inspect your facility at any time and all your records better be up to date.

Like I said I'm probably forgetting stuff and every state is different but this will give you a general idea.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SirKay3(m): 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2006
@ Oldglory,

What about Mazda 626 cars 2003 model and Jeep with the pic attached? Buying and shipping to Lagos

Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2006
Sir Kay 4 the tribute and the 626

I think you will need about $10,000 to land it in Lagos Tincan or Apapa Ports. I want to reiterate the word "About". It is a relatively new car and the price would depend on what we find in the market.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SirKay3(m): 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2006
@ Old Glory,

Got the new 626 price through my car dealer for 750K, while Tribute goes for 1.2m naira. He went to Cotonou on my behalf. He's the one I bought my 2 MAZDA cars from 3yrs ago. Maybe you should help with the market survey
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 13, 2006
Sir Kay

Please post a pic of that Particular vehicle or give me the VIN number, The Year, and Mileage. You said you bought a 2003 Mazda 626 for N750K and a 2003 Mazda Tribute for N1.2Million. Except it had a salvage title, or maybe it is a stolen vehicle, i find that very hard to believe. Give me the VIN on Both of them i will come back with the actual value of the car. I am not saying you stole it, but i think it is awfully cheap and there must be a story to it. If the car was made or sold in the USA, give me the VIN # and i will do a Carfax/Vehix Check for you. Maybe the car came from the floods in New Orleans or may have been in an accident here in the US.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SirKay3(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2006
Sir Kay:

@ Old Glory,

Got the new 626 price through my car dealer for 750K, while Tribute goes for 1.2m naira. He went to Cotonou on my behalf. He's the one I bought my 2 MAZDA cars from 3yrs ago. Maybe you should help with the market survey

Check my post again please. He got the prices for me, not that I've bought them please. I wanted to buy, but asked him to get the prices for me in Cotonou. He even came back with the pictures, while waiting to be cleared at the port over there
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2006
Sir Kay

I need to see the Pictures of what you are calling the "New Mazda 626". I think we are talking apples and Oranges here.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SirKay3(m): 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2006
Mazda 626 2003 model
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2006
Sir Kay

Like i said i will like to see a pic or give me the VIN and i will be able to tell you what to do. I need more info. The body did not change from 1999-2004, so it could be any of those years, plus the price sounds too good to be true. You will have to make the call yourself. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

SHINING WHITE 2008 Range Rover SPORT **Collab Of Fhemmmy And Olanshi**NIJA PIX** / Vin Check...Vin Check...Car History.Know Everything About That Car.. / Most Expensive Luxury Cars You May Think They Never Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.