Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry (23030 Views)

2006 BMW 325i Vs 2005 Mercedes Benz C240. / 2013 Nissan Altima VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord (Pics), What Is Your Pick? / Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by ameristu: 11:55am On Jan 16, 2013
Hello Nairalanders,

I need honest opinion about these two cars. I want opinions from those using both cars.

Which is better in terms of fuel efficiecy, maintenance, durability and the rest of it.

Thanks for your honest opinions.

Kind regards

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by austin4real(m): 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2013
The altima is the runner up in terms of fuel economy and comfort. The camry according to the name is just big for nufin, just a bland car. The whole toyota mentality we nigerian have is only wat is keeping dat vehicle in the market. The altima on the other hand would give u optimum performance both engine wise and comfort wise, 2.5l engine is quite a monster in terms of performance. I would therefore advise u to go for the altima.. P.S u have to also get a good nissan mechanic to put the car in trim shape
Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by gat2so(m): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
The altima is not quite bad but I have three friend that uses it and have change the engine twice each and the get rid of the car already... But I still have 2 frd using the big daddy toyota wit low price in fuel consumption and part ... Better go for the toyota

1 Like

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by Ikenna351(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
gat2so: The altima is not quite bad but I have three friend that uses it and have change the engine twice each and the get rid of the car already... But I still have 2 frd using the big daddy toyota wit low price in fuel consumption and part ... Better go for the toyota

You really wanted us to believe this? Each of the 2 Altima owners changed their engines twice, while your 2 friends enjoying their Toyotas? Hmm!

You said low fuel consumptions for the Toyotas. If i may ask, what are the engine sizes or number of cylinders of both those your colleagues Altimas and friends Camrys? Do you really want us to talk about which of the has more engine issues in Nigeria? Why do you think the Big-for-Nothing Camry I4 engine cost 350k or so? Do you think if the demand isnt that high, the engine will cost that much?

@ Op,
Both cars are good. It depends on what you want in a car. One performs or handles better than the other. But in terms of fuel economy and reliability, i believe they are thr same. If you want one that you will serve you well and takes care of your point A to point B,with reliabilty and good fuel economy, go for the Big-for-Nothing Camry. On the other hand, if you want one that handles better and give you the room to catch some fun when in the mood, with good fuel economy , go for the Altima. But do know that cost of maintening Altima will be higher and shouldnt br handled by anyhow mechanic and auto technician, unlike thr Camry that can take abuse and still run (though will still lead to its early death, hence, the high demand of replacrment engine).

I would advice you test drive both and take your time to make your choice.

Ikenna.

4 Likes

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by lazbay(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
I will always disagree with Ikenna on his perception of Big Daddy car. However when he said if u want a car dat can take u from Point A to B conveniently & reliably, I couldn't but agree with him. But he still went ahead to recommend d problematic Altima. What a contradiction. I have d Big Daddy & can tell u dat its a very very good & reliable car. But I can never ever touch d Altima with a long pole because I know friends who flinged them away when they could no longer cope with d high cost of its problems. My verdict is GO FOR CAMRY & HAVE REST OF MIND. Shikena.
Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
Don't go for any. There is much fun in Honda accord same year and the maintenance cost will amaze you then you will not believe all these trash people brag about Toyota.
Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by Ikenna351(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
lazbay: I will always disagree with Ikenna on his perception of Big Daddy car. However when he said if u want a car dat can take u from Point A to B conveniently & reliably, I couldn't but agree with him. But he still went ahead to recommend d problematic Altima. What a contradiction. I have d Big Daddy & can tell u dat its a very very good & reliable car. But I can never ever touch d Altima with a long pole because I know friends who flinged them away when they could no longer cope with d high cost of its problems. My verdict is GO FOR CAMRY & HAVE REST OF MIND. Shikena.

Problem with us is we can be so biased that it must be that thing that we like that everyother person should have, because we know better.

Are you really trying to say that everything about Altima is wrong, just because you like the Toyota Camry? Are you trying to say that the Altima doesnt perform or handle better than than the Camry?

I would suggest that you go back and read that my earlier post again. All i did was to point out few pros and cons of both vehicles and left Op to decide which to go for. Did i recommend or suggest that he should go for Altima and forget about the Camry? Did I not point out the high cost of maintaining the Altima?

There is something you need to understand about life and choice. People still buy brand new Benz, BMW, Porshe, etc, irrespective of the high purchase cost and high cost of keeping them on the road, as long as it takes, even when they know that their electrics and mechanicals are more complex than the Japs, and would give nightmares if abused like the Japs. But they still buy them and ain't complaining. Some people still buy brand new V12 cars, knowing what it will cost them in fueling them, as if they didnt know Toyota Prius exist and that new 3 cylinder cars are coming up everyday, which can take 10 litres of fuel to travel from Nigeria to South Africa. Some people find having cars they dont get to be opening their hoods as boring and would go out of their way to get one they will like opening the hood to be modifying the car till it becomes jet, not just aeroplane. While some will hate a car they will have to open the bonnet to check the oil guage via dipstick, since they only want the hood to be opened when changing the engine oil and the likes. What matters is what makes one happy. You are not the one to determine that for me or him, rather will i determine your happiness for you. What you see in your babe or wife that makes you crazy about her, its not what other men see in her.

I told Op what i knew about the two cars. Its left for him to decide which one to go for and which of the cons who could live with. Am not even a fan of any of the brands, and i dont plan to be tomorrow.

Ikenna.

4 Likes

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by gbonsalifus(m): 6:25am On Jan 19, 2013
Excuse me, the guy said which one is better in terms of fuel efficiency and durability and u guys are giving him general talk?
For this particular model of Nissan altima, i will say pick the toyotal camry cos this altima (I have driven for a while) was produced around the time nissan was strougling to keep the company running, so they were more concerned about profitability. this is evident in the low quality plastic used for the interior and other things. If u were considering another generation of altima, then fine. but for this, durability and efficiency wise, it is not a match for the camry. U can follow my blog here 101carsense..com

1 Like

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by Ikenna351(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2013
@ Op,

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/nissan/altima/2006/

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/toyota/camry/2006/

AND

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/nissan/altima/2005/

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/toyota/camry/2005/

*Note that 2005 & 2006 Camry are the same. The same thing with 2005 & 2006 Altima*

From the reviews in the links above, one could see that none of them has 100% positive review. Each has pros and cons. It now depends on the annoyances you can live with.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by lazbay(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2013
Ikenna,
ok now I get ur point clearer. However, my point remains that if I have to advice the poster on which to buy among the 2 cars, as he requested, i will gladly tell him to go for the camry 100%. Apart from the nature of the Altima, we need to also consider the notoriety of our mechanics here in Nigeria. They can easily mess u up.

1 Like

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by Conductor261: 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
embarassed
Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by Midemorayo(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2021
Bro, go for 2002-2003 Manual Transmission or 2004-2005 Manual\Auto Transmission Honda Civic or 2008-2010 and have rest of mind.
Forget Nissan and Over Hyping Toyota.
Ikeena, I get your point on the Toyota engine issue.
I previously use Toyota, but now bye-bye to spending unnecessary money.

I observed some mechanic tends to charge you more when you use Toyota.

Am now a die-hard fan of Honda Civic or Accord 06-07, CR-V 05-07, City, HR-V and Element.
Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by diportivo: 12:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
Midemorayo:
Bro, go for 2002-2003 Manual Transmission or 2004-2005 Manual\Auto Transmission Honda Civic or 2008-2010 and have rest of mind.
Forget Nissan and Over Hyping Toyota.
Ikeena, I get your point on the Toyota engine issue.
I previously use Toyota, but now bye-bye to spending unnecessary money.

I observed some mechanic tends to charge you more when you use Toyota.

Am now a die-hard fan of Honda Civic or Accord 06-07, CR-V 05-07, City, HR-V and Element.

are u referring to the bro that wanted to buy a car 8 years ago? undecided

1 Like

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
diportivo:

Shhhhhhh wink don't tell him
Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by BamBamK: 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
nut don loose for somewhere

diportivo:

Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by bonnyhope: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
diportivo:

This is the time He has something to contribute not minding the date of the post
Re: 2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry by diportivo: 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
bonnyhope:

This is the time He has something to contribute not minding the date of the post

I asked him a question sir,not you

contributing to the post is different from advising someone from 8 years ago

if he didn't put bro,I for no ask the question

(1) (Reply)

Factors To Note Before Buying A Car / Overheating – All You Need To Know / Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.