Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! (14859 Views)

Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / Obasanjo Warns Of Coup, Isn't That Treasonable? / Dont Field Atiku, Obasanjo Warns APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Fhemmmy: 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
sundaybam: We will not experience such again as a nation.

With the greed and selfishness in our "leaders"?
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Leofric(m): 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2013
the man get wetin he fore see ,thats it why he is warning against...five years before boko haran,america added nigeria to its terrorist watch group,we didnt believe it but now we are expieriencing....so nigerians should watch out
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by igbeke: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hardfact:
. . .and genuine muslims I must add who genuinely mean well and pray for the good of the country as well.
dat cud be true, but i kno as much as u do dat.....
....d genuine ones r just 2 few and may only be found southward.
thank u.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by executinal(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
And what are you doing to curb the war as elder state man?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by fiscalcliff: 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
Syria's daily images of want and lack are enough reminders
The world has conveniently forgotten her alongside Congo DR, Darfur in Sudan, etc
Yet when peaceful change is made impossible, violent change is inevitable
Let our thieving elite take note
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Dee60: 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2013
obi4eze: There'll be no civil war in Nigeria. There are genuine Christians that pray for this country night and day.

I feel I can consider myself as one of them. However, please note it is not all about praying. It is also about doing right. Righteousness exalts a nation. If we fail to warn ourselves and to condemn wickedness, we may with our own hands invite war. Our politicians are too much driven by greed and ethnic drives. That is not good. That can lead to war.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
fiscalcliff: Syria's daily images of want and lack are enough reminders
The world has conveniently forgotten her alongside Congo DR, Darfur in Sudan, etc
Yet when peaceful change is made impossible, violent change is inevitable
Let our thieving elite take note

Nice one, cos the time is coming that the masses wont be able to take it anymore . . . They steal our money and use the money to oppress the masses, that is total insult
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by jadakiss213(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
in as much as i used to respect Baba,his words and actions recently show hes suffering from Senile Dementia...#sad but true.he is now so unstable,speaking from both sides of the mouth....smh
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by achi4u(m): 4:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
executinal: An what are you doing to curb the war as elder state man?
the gods has spokengrin
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Truckpusher(m): 4:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
OBJ should let Nigerians and GEJ be....at this stage in his life he should be more concerned abt what his funeral would look like....yeye man! if he had done the right thing with all his experience and ruggedness by now weaker people like GEJ would be complimenting his job by simply bringing in technocrats that will play by the set down rules while the usual bureaucracy will checkmate each ministry and achieve a better result that will favour the Nigerian people and he'll still be remembered instead he wants to directly point out who gets what and why.

OBJ's greed for power and wealth that he can't finish in his life time has blinded him so he resorted cheap blackmail by showing up in every national meeting trying to create a scene which indirectly portrays a sitting president in a bad image....if I were GEJ I'll assassinate him after all OBJ wouldn't think twice to do the same thing.

Have guys ever bothered to know why OBJ keeps kicking up dust?....or is he the only ex president all over the world .George Bush left and left Obama alone or is OBJ contesting again?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by topmostg: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
igbeke:
dat cud be true, but i kno as much as u do dat.....
....d genuine ones r just 2 few and may only be found southward.
thank u.
ok. Yes ma'am
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by jayonpoint(m): 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2013
Civil war is eminent, wit d way thins are going in dis cntry. Afterall,
We hv diffrent identities to me, we're forcing ourselves under an umbrella
Wich only wil take a tym bomb to explode. Nigeria 4me is a privatised
Cntry..conspiracy in govts at all levels. Infact no tym to narrate evrythin here bt
We shld bear in our minds, dat no matter hw we try to shy away frm it,
We cnt remain united for long dat I'm certain of bcus we dnt rep one entity, even
Jonathan sees his position as a time 4 d niger-deltans to leverage
Her crude neglets a decades. Why're we nt telling ourselves d truth?
Wat do tend to gain in d postponement of our own danger? I stand 4 a
Divided Nigeria bcus I knw, we cn't sustained her unity.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by igbeke: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
lacasa:

But yet, they are more than the christians
ur conscience shud remind u dat u've just lied.
.... dat's if u truly have one.
thank u.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by amusbay(m): 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hardfact: …As Uduaghan promises job opportunities to ex-servicemen
FORMER President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Tuesday, cautioned Nigerian leaders against acts that could lead to anothercivil war , even as he shunned the request by Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State, to lay a wreath at the Armed Forces Remembrance Day in Abeokuta.
Obasanjo who spoke on the occasion for fallen heroes at Arcade ground in Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State, said Nigerians should learn from history. He urged government at all levels to remember the families of the slain soldiers.
Lamenting the loss of many security personnel during civil and international wars, he said Nigerian leaders should ensure that what led to the previous wars did not reccur.
According to Obasanjo, “war is not a picnic. When you engage in wars, lives are bound to be lost. That is why, as much as possible,wars should be avoided. For us in Nigeria, even when we were fighting against the colonial power, we lost Nigerians in Burma, in East Africa. But since the days of the constabulary, because that is where the Nigerian Army started from, Nigerian security forces have been losing lives either in support of civil authority or in fighting local wars.
Constant reminders these are the people that know what it's take to fight war,,,, so, all thes idiot politician that are not mature during civil war should be caution against their utterances and actions.
”The aim of this celebration is to constantly remember the sacrifice that the fallen heroes have made. It is also to constantly remind usthat they left familiesbehind who need to be catered for”
Meanwhile, there wasa mild drama at the armed forces Remembrance Day ceremony when former President Obasanjo shunned the request by governor Amosun to lay a wreath.
When Obasanjo’s name was mentioned as part of the dignitaries to lay the wreath,the former President declined despite pleas by thegovernor.
The programme was put on hold as many dignitaries including the Deputy governor, Segun Adesegun, the Iyalode of Egbaland, Alaba Lawson, pleaded with him to reconsider his stance.
Vanguard gathered that Obasanjo’s anger was because his name was not in the brochure as partof those that would lay the wreath.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/obj-warns-against-another-civil-war/
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by jadakiss213(m): 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2013
igbeke:
ur conscience shud remind u dat u've just lied.
.... dat's if u truly have one.
thank u.
eeya.you are so nice.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by cyril83(m): 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2013
obi4eze: There'll be no civil war in Nigeria. There are genuine Christians that pray for this country night and day.
whatever!...what i know for sure is God himself had turned his deaf ears towards this innocent blood sucking country...stop praying for this God forsaken country and concentrate on yourself and your household...that's how it works in naija
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by redcliff: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
[size=15pt]This man is the cause of our modern day problems. He should take a back seat we are tired of hearing his rantings and whining.[/size]
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
This time its Yoruna against hausa while IGBOS are the ref, Silly Old Man
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Truckpusher(m): 4:42pm On Jan 16, 2013
jay_onpoint: Civil war is eminent, wit d way thins are going in dis cntry. Afterall,
We hv diffrent identities to me, we're forcing ourselves under an umbrella
Wich only wil take a tym bomb to explode. Nigeria 4me is a privatised
Cntry..conspiracy in govts at all levels. Infact no tym to narrate evrythin here bt
We shld bear in our minds, dat no matter hw we try to shy away frm it,
We cnt remain united for long dat I'm certain of bcus we dnt rep one entity, even
Jonathan sees his position as a time 4 d niger-deltans to leverage
Her crude neglets a decades. Why're we nt telling ourselves d truth?
Wat do tend to gain in d postponement of our own danger? I stand 4 a
Divided Nigeria bcus I knw, we cn't sustained her unity.
if you know how much these polithiefcians plans to loot in the coming yrs then you wouldn't be talking abt war....nobody is going to war as long as the oil keeps flowing from the creeks and hinterland of the Niger Delta.
If you know how much investment they've allocated to themselves through privatization you won't talk abt war.
If you know how some people owned oil wells that run into billions of dollars you won't talk abt war

if you know how hard it is for them to stash all their loots abroad and feel comfortable you won't talk abt war.

Finally if you know how we the ordinary are polarized on region, religion and ethnicity then you will never talk abt war and if I may ask who is going to fight who?....will the corrupt elites in our various societies fight themselves when they can conveniently loot and share amongst themselves? When they can conveniently beat up the drums of sentiment and we will fall for it...my brother forget abt war it's a propaganda by the criminal elites to keep us constantly on our toes so that we can never demand for accountability from them.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by batstan(m): 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
I sit down de look. When we all agree to a political revolution, thats when we won't hear of such comments.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by igbeke: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
jadakiss213: eeya.you are so nice.
tanx 4 d compliment.
but most of all, i want u 2 see d light dat's only available in Christ Jesus.
u r welcome.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by tomakint: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
My friend, war is not a demonic thing, it's an act of God, war brings 'liberation from oppressors' if well fought! And can lead to hostilities if 'badly fought'! Whether Christians pray against it or not, if it is in God's plan to happen it will surely happen. Nigeria is seriously toying with danger with the way we are playing politics!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
cyril83: whatever!...what i know for sure is God himself had turned his deaf ears towards this innocent blood sucking country...stop praying for this God forsaken country and concentrate on yourself and your household...that's how it works in naija

God never forsake people that called upon him, so dont spread fallacy
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by tutu1: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
Nawa sha Nigerian leaders and their wonders
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by Symphony007: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2013
I am appalled that an ex president and especially one who lived through the horror of the civil war will even speak about a reoccurrence? And expecially on an occasion to honour those who died in nigeria's bloodiest war. I don't care if he was warning or whatever. It is wrong and should'nt be spoken about. I am disappionted.
Re: Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! by mrhotcoin(m): 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2013
lacasa:

But yet, they are more than the christians

na lie, infact mek i talk am, they are terrorists, the main reason why the union is in a bad state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Record Trumps His Detractors / Position Of Bsc. Graduate If Recruited Into Npf,nigeria Police Force / FG To Resume Third Mainland Bridge Repair As Other Lagos Bridges Get Facelift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.