Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features (1532 Views)

Please Review This Site And Suggest Css Code Please / Visit: Nigeriakitchen.com And Suggest Modifications Pls! / Help Review This Forum Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
Am designing this website for a client, at some point am thinking that I might be missing out on some important feature of a church website.

Pls if you have built a church website before, kindly visit this website demo @ http://www.divinegraceministriesng.org/ and tell me what you think i should add to the website.

I need this urgently while I wait for the the remaining content from the church owner.

Just use the home page, other pages will be ready when there content arrives....

Thank you.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by yawatide(f): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
I think it has all that it needs. I hope and trust that you've done a combo of googling for the competition and doing your own research, before coming up with what you have.

I think what is of more importance at this juncture is who will be doing the maintenance. If you and you will have the time to run maintenance on everything you have there (and it is a lot), and they are willing to pay, then go for it. If it is the Church folks and they don't have people with the necessary know-how, you might want to think about taking certain things off.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 10:18am On Jan 18, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
I think it has all that it needs. I hope and trust that you've done a combo of googling for the competition and doing your own research, before coming up with what you have.

I think what is of more importance at this juncture is who will be doing the maintenance. If you and you will have the time to run maintenance on everything you have there (and it is a lot), and they are willing to pay, then go for it. If it is the Church folks and they don't have people with the necessary know-how, you might want to think about taking certain things off.

Thanks alot for this.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 18, 2013
greenmouse:

Thanks alot for this.
I think your works are a bit too cheap...Why don't you focus more on quality as against quantity. Please don't add more to the crappy websites we already have on the Nigerian internet space.
Seen most of the works on your gallery and they are just average....Nothing exceptional....FOCUS more on Quality rather than more 28k jobs..
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by sisqology(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2013
Brand_new:
I think your works are a bit too cheap...Why don't you focus more on quality as against quantity. Please don't add more to the crappy websites we already have on the Nigerian internet space.
Seen most of the works on your gallery and they are just average....Nothing exceptional....FOCUS more on Quality rather than more 28k jobs..

He actually said "promo" for 10people
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by yawatide(f): 11:09am On Jan 18, 2013
Come on, Brand_new!

You can't look at what most "webmasters" in Nigeria have done and compare them to these. Are OP's sites, generally speaking, top notch? Not necessarily. But you can't call them "average" either. I would give them an average of 8 out of 10...and if you've been following my posts, you know that there is no tougher critic than myself. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Trust me, compared to the crap I have seen on here, OP's sites are no comparison. Again, this doesn't mean that there is no room for improvement on his sites.

Finally, think about this:
Those "average" sites have, assuming he is telling the truth (and I have no reason to think otherwise), bought him a car and a nice-looking office space. So he must be doing something right.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by sisqology(m): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Come on, Brand_new!

You can't look at what most "webmasters" in Nigeria have done and compare them to these. Are OP's sites, generally speaking, top notch? Not necessarily. But you can't call them "average" either. I would give them an average of 8 out of 10...and if you've been following my posts, you know that there is no tougher critic than myself. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Trust me, compared to the crap I have seen on here, OP's sites are no comparison. Again, this doesn't mean that there is no room for improvement on his sites.

Those "average" sites have, assuming he is telling the truth (and I have no reason to think otherwise), bought him a car and a nice-looking office space. So he must be doing something right.

#GBAM
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Come on, Brand_new!

@yewatide, you almost said all my mind but let me tell him this hard truth.

@brand_new, you are never a better designer than my self. If you doubt me let @yewatide be our judge bring your jobs on board am waiting.

Am sure you are one of my old students....lolz.

@sisqology, pls ignore that loser.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by soloqy: 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
Oh well. I wanted to stay away since the OP only likes to hear those that praise him and never takes criticism well. But I couldnt resist, lol.

But this particular site homepage looks good and is better than the laundry service site( A site that he still hasnt made any changes to, invariably telling you guys what he thinks about your reviews).

And in reference to the 28k, I think he mentioned a promo of some sort going on. His sites are not average like you say but with the standard that we see on Nairaland, you may not blame him for getting presumptuous sometimes.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
hmmh, another @brandnew commenting......

busy now....hahaha...
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
soloqy: Oh well. I wanted to stay away since the OP only likes to hear those that praise him and never takes criticism well. But I couldnt resist, lol.

But this particular site homepage looks good and is better than the laundry service site( A site that he still hasnt made any changes to, invariably telling you guys what he thinks about your reviews).

And in reference to the 28k, I think he mentioned a promo of some sort going on. His sites are not average like you say but with the standard that we see on Nairaland, you may not blame him for getting presumptuous sometimes.

hmmh, another @brandnew commenting......

busy now....hahaha...
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by soloqy: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
^^^^^^

We can add lack of comprehension to the mix..., lol grin
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by DualCore1: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
greenmouse:
@brand_new, you are never a better designer than my self. If you doubt me let @yewatide be our judge bring your jobs on board am waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
greenmouse:

@Greenmouse, because you are a better hustler doesn't make you a better designer either.

All i am saying is that you should focus more on quality rather than quantity to attract better rates.
Charging 28k for a website plus domain name and hosting will only breed mediocrity.

I personally will not design a website that cannot stand the litmus test of global standards and quality.
As for your challenge, i'd love to take you on but this is not about me. All i'm saying is that you should give the webmaster/designers job a pride of place and don't make it look too cheap even if you deploy cheap methods.

Dual Core:
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by solid3(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
@ yawatide, i know what u are capable of doi in terms of design, i just keep wandering why u ar always d first to comment on greenmouse request for review and d worst is dat u always score him high. Even tat drycleaning service website that most peep said was below average, u only said "its abit too dark" witout pointin out d font formating and odas. This makes me suspect u for 2 things
First, its either u are just pushing the OP to maintane average design or
Secondly, u ar trying to get his attention for a "ring" so u can run web biz together as family binness cool .

@OP there is so much room for improvement, but I really dont see it coming with the price ur are currently charging. Come to think of it, almost all ur sites have the same java script scroller which does not pause on hover, does not have nex&prev button, does not have z-index transparent info abt banner pictures, does not have film strip. (I wasted GigaBytes searching and downloading javascripts dat ar craps, in d end i had to pay 9k plus to get a good one, +is dat visible with 28k?+).

There is a whole lot that needs to be done to improve like mobile view, sleek looking sites, google mappin of adress and listing, site map, etc. Most of these are not possible wif cheap charges.

I guess after this promo, there wld not b valantine special promo again. wink
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
Thanks @*solid* most of the points you mentioned are very correct and i've also noticed them. Just didn't care enough to mention it after all he is better than everyone else here. cool
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2013
Brand_new:
@Greenmouse, because you are a better hustler doesn't make you a better designer either.

All i am saying is that you should focus more on quality rather than quantity to attract better rates.
Charging 28k for a website plus domain name and hosting will only breed mediocrity.

I personally will not design a website that cannot stand the litmus test of global standards and quality.
As for your challenge, i'd love to take you on but this is not about me. All i'm saying is that you should give the webmaster/designers job a pride of place and don't make it look too cheap even if you deploy cheap methods.

grin grin grin grin

@brand_new, lead by example, show me you quality website pls pls pls, show me an example of what you are saying.

I designed this website for http://kdg.greenmousetech.com , view it and tell me if its not quality....lolz
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
*solid*:
@ yawatide, i know what u are capable of doi in terms of design, i just keep wandering why u ar always d first to comment on greenmouse request for review and d worst is dat u always score him high. Even tat drycleaning service website that most peep said was below average, u only said "its abit too dark" witout pointin out d font formating and odas. This makes me suspect u for 2 things
First, its either u are just pushing the OP to maintane average design or
Secondly, u ar trying to get his attention for a "ring" so u can run web biz together as family binness cool .

@OP there is so much room for improvement, but I really dont see it coming with the price ur are currently charging. Come to think of it, almost all ur sites have the same java script scroller which does not pause on hover, does not have nex&prev button, does not have z-index transparent info abt banner pictures, does not have film strip. (I wasted GigaBytes searching and downloading javascripts dat ar craps, in d end i had to pay 9k plus to get a good one, +is dat visible with 28k?+).

There is a whole lot that needs to be done to improve like mobile view, sleek looking sites, google mappin of adress and listing, site map, etc. Most of these are not possible wif cheap charges.

I guess after this promo, there wld not b valantine special promo again. wink

To the the hand..... grin

Sorry am to busy working on this website. http://kdg.greenmousetech.com
You can review as well.

My job is to be posting jobs for review here.....BC I have them and I deliver them in days. Clients are happy(portfolio increasing), enemies like @solid, @brand_new, @solgy will be complaining....
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by soloqy: 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
greenmouse:

I designed this website for http://kdg.greenmousetech.com , view it and tell me if its not quality....lolz

Thats the laundry services website all over again .. This time in white background and cleaned up.

Whats the issue? Your ego is so large that you would never be seen implementing pertinent changes that people point out(I suppose thats what reviews should be about, no?)

You would rather implement them on some other projects just to keep your presumptions going? lol grin
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
greenmouse:

@brand_new, lead by example, show me you quality website pls pls pls, show me an example of what you are saying.

Not going to show you anything because like i said, i'm not contesting with you on who is better. It's not about me, neither am i envious so quit screaming about enemies because i have personally called you up to outsource a jewellery store to you and from your bargaining standpoint, i smelt desperation wherever that came from undecided .
All i am saying is focus more on quality. if you expected your KDG website to wow me, then think again.
First the logo is POOR. (Do you honestly think a multinational company would approach you with that on your portfolio?)
You have a nice little Java script scrolling on the latest news though but that to me is not spectacular.
There are some colours that don't go together. BLUE, BLACK and GREEN is one of them. That makes your slider wack. You should have stuck with Blue all through.
Same goes for BLUE on BLACK on your footer.

Take it or leave it, i'll rate you 4/10.

Web designs is not just about coding, there is an artistic effect to achieve effective brand communication.
Here is something to help you.

1 Like

Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by yawatide(f): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
solid:
I will agree with you that I have toned down my criticisms...but it ends there. Though I never say, "never" to anything, I can guarantee you that I have never met or known OP nor am I doing it for possible "contract(s)". Besides, if you want to be honest, you will note that my fairer criticisms cut across the board, and not focused on certain individuals.

If OP is charging 28K per site, that IMHO is WRONG! The only time I have charged twice that amount (my lowest rate) is for someone who was desperately in need of a website for a job and even at that, I used a free template for it. But hey, we live in a capitalistic society. I can't put a gun to his head and have him change his prices. That is his prerogative.

In conclusion, reasons I have toned down is because:
1) No one seems to take what I say and put it into practice. This to me means they don't appreciate what I have to say
2) I think I have reached a stage in my career where I should be charging for the amount of info I am giving out smiley
3) I think I have given out so much of the same comments that I figure anyone should be able to pull my history and know what I normally look for. In other words, D.R.Y. wink

1 Like

Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
Brand_new:
Not going to show you anything because like i said, i'm not contesting with you on who is better. It's not about me.
All i am saying is focus more on quality. if you expected your KDG website to wow me, then think again.
First the logo is POOR.
You have a nice little Java script scrolling on the latest news though but that to me is not spectacular.
There are some colours that don't go together. BLUE, BLACK and GREEN is one of them. That makes your slider wack. You should have stuck with Blue all through.

Web designs is not just about coding, there is an artistic effect to achieve effective brand communication.
Do you normally change your clients Logos ? even when they say leave it that way ?
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by solid3(m): 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
Alryt ma pipu, yawatide n greenmousesss wink no beef intended.

Just tat i cant stand it wen i work so hard and haven gotten a person who is interested in havin a website, they begin to price 20k.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by yawatide(f): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
^^^ I feel you bro. Pisses me off too. But again, how we go do now? Over the years, I have grown to get over that stuff and have lived by the code, "if it is meant for you, no one can ever take it from you...and vice versa"
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by antontech(m): 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
Brand_new:
Not going to show you anything because like i said, i'm not contesting with you on who is better. It's not about me, neither am i envious so quit screaming about enemies because i have personally called you up to outsource a jewellery store to you and from your bargaining standpoint, i smelt desperation wherever that came from undecided .
First the logo is POOR. (Do you honestly think a multinational company would approach you with that on your portfolio?)

You are on point my man,that greenmouse is hardworking but he is so proud of himself which will lead him to failure.Why post a job for review if all your reviewers get is insults.Please grow up greenmouse.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by william5: 12:04am On Jan 19, 2013
The moment you make your work public you should be ready for praises and criticisms. Criticisms are sometimes what we need to improve ourselves.

This is why I sometimes ignore some topics that ask for review. People mostly don't appreciate free advice.

Just saying undecided
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by DualCore1: 2:18am On Jan 19, 2013
"Review" threads on this board are not meant to get reviews, its a trick that never gets old here.

"Review" threads which are created with the aim of showcasing a design are done that way so there is a fail-safe "I'm still working on it" to fall back on should your finished design be lynched by men and gods.

Only brave webmasters come up with threads to showcase the designs and title it "Check this site out and be inspired" or "See this site, don't comment just like it". These ones have come out in the open, guns blazing.

P.S: I have been here since 2007 and I have seen just one of such threads.

You either promote the culture or do your own part in stopping the culture.
Personally I will hardly lift a finger to write a review on anyone's site here because its a time-tested, designer-proven uselessness.

1 Like

Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by soloqy: 6:19am On Jan 19, 2013
Dual Core: "Review" threads on this board are not meant to get reviews, its a trick that never gets old here.

"Review" threads which are created with the aim of showcasing a design are done that way so there is a fail-safe "I'm still working on it" to fall back on should your finished design be lynched by men and gods.

Only brave webmasters come up with threads to showcase the designs and title it "Check this site out and be inspired" or "See this site, don't comment just like it". These ones have come out in the open, guns blazing.

P.S: I have been here since 2007 and I have seen just one of such threads.

You either promote the culture or do your own part in stopping the culture.
Personally I will hardly lift a finger to write a review on anyone's site here because its a time-tested, designer-proven uselessness.

Exactly Dual Core. People should be bold enough to say, Hey! am posting my portfolio websites, have a look . You can make comments or whatever.

Like you said, its the oldest trick here. Slyrox says no more adverts so what to do? What to do? grin, The answer is "Review this site"(Actually should read "Another site from my portfolio for you to check out"wink.

We know what people who want reviews actually do after reviews. Yawatide and some others ,go out of their way to make the reviews and does he do anything about them? Of course not since they were never intended to make him make any changes, its just advertising.

Are people saying that designers should implement every suggestion or changes posted in reviews? Of course Not, since some may not know better, but there are pertinent and glaring issues that almost everyone(novice and expert) would point out. If the person asking for reviews, does not implement those, then its either (1)He has no capacity to effect any changes and is probably not the person working on those sites, (2)He is just advertising his works and never needed the reviews in the first place(like we see from this particular OP).
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by sisqology(m): 6:24am On Jan 19, 2013
soloqy:

Exactly Dual Core. People should be bold enough to say, Hey! am posting my portfolio websites, have a look . You can make comments or whatever.

Like you said, its the oldest trick here. Slyrox says no more adverts so what to do? What to do? grin, The answer is "Review this site"(Actually should read "Another site from my portfolio for you to check out"wink.

We know what people who want reviews actually do after reviews. Yawatide and some others ,go out of their way to make the reviews and does he do anything about them? Of course not since they were never intended to make him make any changes, its just advertising.

Are people saying that designers should implement every suggestion or changes posted in reviews? Of course Not, since some may not know better, but there are pertinent and glaring issues that almost everyone(novice and expert) would point out. If the person asking for reviews, does not implement those, then its either (1)He has no capacity to effect any changes and is probably not the person working on those sites, (2)He is just advertising his works and never needed the reviews in the first place(like we see from this particular OP).

Hahahaha
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by omni1: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2013
Crosses by... *sheds tears after reading for some time*...

I wish I could define classy and quality website.... Any helps?
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by greenmouse(m): 8:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
Thread closed, unto the next one. Am loving this.
Re: Help Review This Website And Suggest Additional Features by kenbash: 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2013

(1) (2) (Reply)

Display Latest Nigerian News on your Website / Web Services At Cheap Price / Can We Get Benefit By Use Black Hat SEO Technique?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.