Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model (2533 Views)

Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model Can Not Start / How Good Is The Jeep Grand Cherokee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 8:30am On Jan 18, 2013
My old mechanic could not advised me well and my jeep top gasket burnt on my way to Lagos from East. I had no option than to repair it on the way precisely Benin. The Quack local champion mechanic spoil the Engine Block. The Motor Over heat alot to the extent that I towed it to Ibadan. Right now the mechanic in Ibadan advised me to replace the engine because there is a crack in the block (I did not see the crack). Now I need a sound engine for my Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 model I6 4.0L engine. Anybody with useful information on getting a good engine and screen with headlight chrome can pls reach me. 08033374898 or sam1dot2@yahoo.com

Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Please I need help from any NL
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sultaan(m): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
The engine is cheap they are widely available I'll let you know how much it might cost you to ship one.

You should never drive you car when it over heats, the warning light was on with bell ringing. This is a lesson for every owner.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by tampa1871: 10:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
This model come with a 4.0 Liters engine, very strong and rugged, never dies if well-taken care of, check the reason why it overheats in the first place, otherwise what happened to the current engine could re-occur. Best of Luck. Pls whoever who towed this vehicle should pay for all those damages.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 8:48am On Jan 19, 2013
tampa1871: This model come with a 4.0 Liters engine, very strong and rugged, never dies if well-taken care of, check the reason why it overheats in the first place, otherwise what happened to the current engine could re-occur. Best of Luck. Pls whoever who towed this vehicle should pay for all those damages.

The radiator was leaking water when I went to mechanic to check it for me but he said it was from clip. But in Benin I bought another radiator when I found out it was the radiator that busted.

sultaan: The engine is cheap they are widely available I'll let you know how much it might cost you to ship one.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks a lot for all your assistance.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by Ogojohn(m): 10:34am On Jan 19, 2013
WHY NOT ENQUIRE FROM ONITSHA. MGBUKA OBOSI TO BE PRECISE. I CAN DO IT FOR YOU IF YOU WISH.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2013
If I can get one from Lagos it will be better because of proximity.
thanks for your input.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
sam1dot2: The Motor Over heat alot to the extent that I towed it to Ibadan.

I hope by "tow", you meant your Jeep was transported on a flatbed? Because an AWD should NOT be towed, and any other automobile with automobile transmission should NOT be towed faster than 80 km/h or further than 80 kms.

Ignoring the above may destroy the transfer box, and the automatic transmission, as the internal oil pump is non-functional without a running engine.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2013
Siena:

I hope by "tow", you meant your Jeep was transported on a flatbed? Because an AWD should NOT be towed, and any other automobile with automobile transmission should NOT be towed faster than 80 km/h or further than 80 kms.

Ignoring the above may destroy the transfer box, and the automatic transmission, as the internal oil pump is non-functional without a running engine.

It was towed to Ibadan not from Benin from Ijebu Ode but not faster than 80 km/h. Actually in Ibadan it was drove to the mechanic that certified that I need to change the engine.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
sam1dot2: It was towed to Ibadan not from Benin from Ijebu Ode but not faster than 80 km/h. Actually in Ibadan it was drove to the mechanic that certified that I need to change the engine.

Benin to Ijebu-Ode. I haven't checked the distance, but I would say that's way over 80 kms. You NEVER tow an automatic, or AWD that distance. It's a no-no. Your Jeep is meant to be transported on a flatbed truck.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 11:44am On Jan 20, 2013
Thanks, is taken for future. That is why we need people like you in Nairaland.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by PrimaxServices: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
You can get this engine at Ojuelegba since you prefer Lagos.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by PrimaxServices: 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
Siena:

@Siena

Is it wrong to tow an AWD of 4x4 for short distance (10 - 30kms) without raising the front legs of the vehicle or using a flatbed? Will it make any difference if the engine is left running?
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sultaan(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Its not about raising the front/rear wheels, but making sure your transfer case and Transmission is in N they are all turning free.

The thing here is we first have to prove the engine is cracked by checking for coolant in oil, or oil in radiator.

Check your dipstick for frot(brown foam) or drain your engine oil and see if it has water/coolant in it.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
PrimaxServices:

@Siena

Is it wrong to tow an AWD of 4x4 for short distance (10 - 30kms) without raising the front legs of the vehicle or using a flatbed? Will it make any difference if the engine is left running?

It's actually worse towing an AWD with one axle raised, especially if it's full-time AWD (and not switchable to RWD only). Towing an automatic, regardless of AWD, FWD or RWD over 80kms with the engine not running is bad medicine. With no oil pump in operation, you will destroy it.

Such automobile MUST be transported standing on a flatbed truck, if the distance is likely to exceed 80kms, or the tow speed is likely to exceed 80km/h.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by redcliff: 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Siena:

It's actually worse towing an AWD with one axle raised, especially if it's full-time AWD (and not switchable to RWD only). Towing an automatic, regardless of AWD, FWD or RWD over 80kms with the engine not running is bad medicine. With no oil pump in operation, you will destroy it.

Such automobile MUST be transported standing on a flatbed truck, if the distance is likely to exceed 80kms, or the tow speed is likely to exceed 80km/h.

hmnm, Flatbed in Nigeria? If it is, it would be totally expensive.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
redcliff: hmnm, Flatbed in Nigeria? If it is, it would be totally expensive.

Well, people who drive expensive automobile, should expect to pay for the appropriate maintenance. It's not expensive, it's just the average Nigerian prefers NOT to pay for services required (or rendered).
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
sam1dot2: My old mechanic could not advised me well and my jeep top gasket burnt on my way to Lagos from East. I had no option than to repair it on the way precisely Benin. The Quack local champion mechanic spoil the Engine Block. The Motor Over heat alot to the extent that I towed it to Ibadan. Right now the mechanic in Ibadan advised me to replace the engine because there is a crack in the block (I did not see the crack). Now I need a sound engine for my Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 model I6 4.0L engine. Anybody with useful information on getting a good engine and screen with headlight chrome can pls reach me. 08033374898 or sam1dot2@yahoo.com
Hello friend, my advise for u is that you should not get engine of unknown history(extent of use). I can help u get a very good one from USA, the engine will be from a car with damaged both parts. Let me know you decision ASAP
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 9:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
sultaan: The thing here is we first have to prove the engine is cracked by checking for coolant in oil, or oil in radiator.

Check your dipstick for frot(brown foam) or drain your engine oil and see if it has water/coolant in it.
The engine oil changed to milk colour.
victorkayode:
Hello friend, my advise for u is that you should not get engine of unknown history(extent of use). I can help u get a very good one from USA, the engine will be from a car with damaged both parts. Let me know you decision ASAP
Let me have your cost pls.
I contacted Someone at Owode Onirin Lagos. He gave me N85,000.00 another one at Onitsha he gave me N80,000. Any Cheaper one around pls holla me.
Or anybody at Oladiipo Lagos with a sound and cheaper price should pls contact me. 08033374898. I need to change the engine this month end.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sultaan(m): 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
$500 for a 4.0 I6.

No one can get that from US at that price. Now you will see before you pay right?
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by tampa1871: 9:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
The minimum you can get this engine minus local delivery and shipping to Nigeria is $500 here in Florida. I think it's cheaper to source for this engine locally but make sure they test it and have a written warranty that it will serve u for at least a year, then you should be ready to go. Wish you best of luck.
Re: Where Can I Get A Good Engine For Cherokee Jeep Sport 2000 Model by sam1dot2: 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
sultaan: Now you will see before you pay right?
Yes with 1 week drive test. If faulty to be returned within the test period

tampa1871: The minimum you can get this engine minus local delivery and shipping to Nigeria is $500 here in Florida. I think it's cheaper to source for this engine locally but make sure they test it and have a written warranty that it will serve u for at least a year, then you should be ready to go. Wish you best of luck.
Thanks for your advice.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord (discussion Continues) / P2716 Error Code On Toyota And Lexus Can Be Fixed With This Simple Step / Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.