Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,715 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father (24368 Views)

Jealous Lioness Attack Her Patner Wen She Catches Anoda Flirting With Him(photo) / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Pictures Of A Lion Cub Meeting His Father For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bet my life the cub is male.It is natural for the male to eliminate their male off spring. Had domestic cats and more than once the days old males were singled out and killed by their father.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju: SHOOOOOOOO!! See what we men have to suffer even for Lion!!! angry

So Papa no fit halla for ehn pikin again!! Even Lioness don follw dey behave like Nigerian girls.. angry

If the Lion vex beat her now, all the other Lioness go start to dey shout Lioness Abuse!! Meanwhile when she been dey slap am for the front of their pikin, nobody talk o!! angry

Foolish Lioness.. Make dem reach house!! Ehn go knack her better Apkako!!

!!
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by aryzgreat: 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
@ okija,

Y are u showing us animal p0rn? do u want spermboth to ban u?
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Jazzgreen(m): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hmmmmm. Mak i try am. I de go shout for my papa now. Mak i c if my mama go come to my rescue
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by israel007: 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
hehehe maternal instinct. that why it baffles me when i see some people insult the joy out of their mothers. smh. even animals too know how to protect their own.

abeg my mama is worth my every penny.

^^rushing to go buying her some beverage and send money to her abeg
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by theripper: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
Men dey suffer, male lion sef suffer. See heavy slap on top small lion wey misbehave.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by realsammie(m): 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Even animals believe the concept of motherhood. God bless my mum and all the gud mother around the world.

1 Like

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by yuzedo: 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
Richfella:

Lol, lions are known to mate close to 50 times a day - for several. Now talk about being King of the Jungle! grin

They be '1 minute man' sha lipsrsealed.

I am supposed to be a Lion by virtue of the Nigerian University i attended.... But i don't even mate once a day, talk more fifty times... I am sad! cry
NL witches help me na?! angry undecided

kandiikane:

Lmaoo and I should know because?
Stop fronting dammit! angry You have a Ph.D in these and other fornication-related issues! grin wink
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Gbotun(m): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
merciie:

couldnt help but notice that too shocked shocked

Una don spoil finish!! Y say na only dat u notice.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by onayemi1: 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
SHOOOOOOOO!! See what we men have to suffer even for Lion!!!

So Papa no fit halla for ehn pikin again!! Even Lioness don follw dey behave like Nigerian girls..

If the Lion vex beat her now, all the other Lioness go start to dey shout Lioness Abuse!! Meanwhile when she been dey slap am for the front of their pikin, nobody talk o!!

You are very funny
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by ozodimgba(m): 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
Consider these too.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Pdizzle(m): 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
i just love this thread
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
aryzgreat: @ okija,

Y are u showing us animal p0rn? do u want spermboth to ban u?

LMAO
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hmmm.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Donsammi(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Teenage Money: Dem dey Loook The Lion and Lioness, Dey Snap Photo... Notin Oyinbo no go use karri una head drink Garri
grow up!....
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Teenage Money: Dem dey Loook The Lion and Lioness, Dey Snap Photo... Notin Oyinbo no go use karri una head drink Garri
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllxxxxx
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
merciie:

couldnt help but notice that too shocked shocked
after noticing it, is ur body hormones changing?
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by kandiikane(m): 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
yuzedo:
I am supposed to be a Lion by virtue of the Nigerian University i attended.... But i don't even mate once a day, talk more fifty times... I am sad! cry
NL witches help me na?! angry undecided

Stop fronting dammit! angry You have a Ph.D in these and other fornication-related issues! grin wink

Lool, lies!
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by TeenageMoney(m): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Donsammi: grow up!....

Grow down
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by solinho(m): 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
This is really good, like human like animal.......
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by true2god: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2013

So Papa no fit halla for ehn pikin again!! Even Lioness don follw dey behave like Nigerian girls.. angry

If the Lion vex beat her now, all the other Lioness go start to dey shout Lioness Abuse!! Meanwhile when she been dey slap am for the front of their pikin, nobody talk o!! angry

!!
U no seriioooooossss at allllllll.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2013

!!
Hahahahahaha!
My guy u sick.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by pendo89(f): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
This happens all the time in Serengeti Mara Tsavo and the rest of the parks in EA.That lion would have killed that cub.
Lions KILL their own cubs if left unprotected.They do not posess the 'Fatherly instinct like humans.All they care about is their individual reproductive success.

The first thing that a male African lion does when he takes over a pride is to kill all the cubs of his predecessor. This maximizes his own reproductive success.
Female lions have a reproductive timespan of at least ten years. Male lions typically have less than five years during the time they are in a pride. Female lions with cubs don't come back into heat until their cubs have either matured, which can take up to two years, or they have died.

It's to the advantage of the male lion to kill all of his predecessor's cubs so that the females will become available to him as soon as possible, so that he will have at least one opportunity to reproduce before another male lion comes along, and his own cubs will have a greater chance of surviving to adulthood. It's less of a disaster for a female lion to lose a given litter of cubs, because she will have opportunities to produce more.

The male African lion is mainly concerned with his own reproductive success, and his behavior towards others of his species reflects that. The success of his mates doesn't matter, except insofar as they bear and nurture his cubs, because he will kill their other, unrelated cubs. The success of other unrelated male lions definitely doesn't matter. Strong male lions who can take and hold a pride for a longer period of time will reproduce more than weaker males, and males who kill their predecessor's cubs will reproduce more than those who don't. In short, other members of his species are to be eliminated, not preserved, if they're in the way of his own offspring's success.

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by pendo89(f): 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
‘However, I don’t think the cub was in any real danger because it was his cub

Dream dreamer.This photographer is an amateur.He needs to spend a few weeks in the vast serengeti and see madness unfold.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by lagcity(m): 10:04pm On Jan 21, 2013

best comment of the day grin oyinbo ppl are full of sh$t.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
pendo89: This happens all the time in Serengeti Mara Tsavo and the rest of the parks in EA.That lion would have killed that cub.
Lions KILL their own cubs if left unprotected.They do not posess the 'Fatherly instinct like humans.All they care about is their individual reproductive success.

This happens as a typical incident with bears. Male bears do not feel any sense of attachment to the females they mate. In fact, they kill cubs to push female bears back into reproduction.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by pendo89(f): 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

This happens as a typical incident with bears. Male bears do not feel any sense of attachment to the females they mate. In fact, they kill cubs to push female bears back into reproduction.

Wow I guess it's just nature and we need to appreciate it.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by dnawah(m): 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
The hand way lion d carry play with him pikin,na him e dey carry kill animal 4 am.
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by dnawah(m): 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
rastamouse: Wow! That explains why my wife always tell my children 'wait till your daddy come home.'

She wants to take my title with a knock-out punch when things get nasty grin
na lie she dey fear make ur pikin them,no put hand beat am.e want make u dey there,if things turn bad make u put hand.grin
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Decryptor(m): 12:03am On Jan 22, 2013
Do those lions mating know their LIV (Lion Immunodefiecieny Virus) status?
Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by redsun(m): 1:11am On Jan 22, 2013
If only nigerians could watch more of nature programmes rather than english premier league and senseless home movies,they will cultivate common sense by force. The only creatures on earth that doesn't seem to have set original patterns and precedence are Africans

2 Likes

Re: Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 22, 2013
redsun: If only nigerians could watch more of nature programmes rather than english premier league and senseless home movies,they will cultivate common sense by force. The only creatures on earth that doesn't seem to have set original patterns and precedence are Africans
infact na only natgeo wild, cartoon network and chelsea match I dey watch... Like during december time, i watched all series of big cat week, fish tank kings, animal intervention, man vs monster, etc and 4 cartoon network na ben 10, courage and star wars and for supersports, only chelsea match and west brom match cos i wan see lukaku

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer / Caption This Picture Of A Lion And Bulls / Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.