Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,988 members, 7,828,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? (1154 Views)

Advise On Purchase Of Skoda Felicia 1998 Model Car For 150k / Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? / What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? by Doyin4real(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pls am a new user of volkswagen product. I just got a passat 1998 model automatic but I can't find the dip-stick to check the level and condition of the oil in the gear box? Pls help.
Thanks.
Re: how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 19, 2013
Doyin4real: Pls am a new user of volkswagen product. I just got a passat 1998 model automatic but I can't find the dip-stick to check the level and condition of the oil in the gear box? Pls help.
Thanks.

You won't find the dip stick, because there isn't one. You need to visit a Volkswagen Centre to get the level checked. How many miles has your car covered? A '98 car should have had at least two ATF and filter changes.

1 Like

Re: how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? by Doyin4real(m): 10:29am On Jan 19, 2013
@siena. Thanks somuch for your prompt response. The car has done 205106km. I will have to take it to a vw centre has u have adviced. Pls how often do I do this check and change of atf and the filter? What type of atf do I use for this car? I use atf 4 for my other car. Thanks.
Re: how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2013
Doyin4real: @siena. Thanks somuch for your prompt response. The car has done 205106km. I will have to take it to a vw centre has u have adviced. Pls how often do I do this check and change of atf and the filter? What type of atf do I use for this car? I use atf 4 for my other car. Thanks.

Your car uses a VW / Audi-specific fluid, and will NOT tolerate the more readily-available ATF Dextron. The ATF and filter in your ZF transmission must be replaced every 50,000 miles / 81,000 km.
Re: how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? by Doyin4real(m): 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
Thanks so much. I really appreciate your professional advices. I hope I will get the right type of atf in th the market so as not to have the gear spoilt with these commonly used aft here in nigeria. Do u have any name for the vw/audi specified oil which I could in this lagos market. I don't want to come up with any complaint abt my auto gear.
Re: how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^ I doubt you'll get the correct fluid in Nigeria. Over here, I only buy from Volkswagen / Audi dealerships.

If you put in the regular ATF, your auto trans will expire.
Re: how can i Check Atf Level In Passat 1998 Model? by Doyin4real(m): 3:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
Wooo. I hope am not in for a big shit. Nevertheless, thanks so much. Atleast I will not be caught on aware. But we have some volks centre here in nigeria. May be I will have to go there and check. I appreciate all these.

(1) (Reply)

High Rate Of Vehicle Break-down On Abuja Roads / Water Vs Coolant ... Bad Or Not As Good? / Car Prices To Rise By 250%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.