Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria (893 Views)

New Peak Power Generation Record Of 4883.9MW - TCN / Humility At Its Peak:See The Cheap Phone President Buhari Is Using(pic) / Electricity At Its Peak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by onoerime: 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Recently, precisely during last year december 2012, the FG announced with jubilations that the power sector has hit 4700mw and promise to hit 1000mw by december 2013. Hope you are enjoying at least 18hrs non light interruption at your area? I am staying at satallite town in lagos. I can't boast of 4hrs light for 3times in a week. How is it in your own area. Dnt forget to mention your location
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by seanet01: 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2013
Sorry o. Enjoy your fresh air
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by olaezebala: 12:06am On Jan 20, 2013
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss oooooooooo. Freshest air. here in Aso Rock na 24/7 we de get light oooo. Devil is lawyer. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by try69: 6:32am On Jan 20, 2013
I will continue saying this..Until 70% of Lagos, portharcourt, aba and other industrialized cities get at least 18hrs of electricity daily, I might have nothing to say than insult one villager who comes online shouting "I have electricity 24/7" and all that crap.
@op I stay in PH and I hardly get electricity up to 4hrs a day and the bad thing is that the 4hrs is mainly at midnight..as I type this now, we have been in darkness for 20hrs and one fool will come here and tell me gej is working electricity, thunder fire their mouth.
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by BedLam: 7:00am On Jan 20, 2013
Go and meet your LGA chairman! my area in Yaba is having uninterupted power.......eko o ni bake o
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by bodejohn(m): 7:00am On Jan 20, 2013
We need to keep educating ourselves, power generation is only a lap in the marathon race of providing uninterrupted power supply to Nigerians. That an athlete is leading the first lap does not mean he is the winner.

I have said this before and I say it again, generation is not the only problem, there is also transmission and distribution. If he fed. govt. like they can generate 10000Mw, if the distribution and transmission systems are weak, we will not see any result. It's just like a range sport suv without tyres.

I think the govt should leave the propaganda off we can generate so much power and concentrate on building better transmission and distribution systems.
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by bigass(f): 7:02am On Jan 20, 2013
no light in my area
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by bigass(f): 7:07am On Jan 20, 2013
educating ourselves for what? why do i need to know the difference btw generation/transmission/distribution before we have light?
all we want is better light. how they will come about this is not our headache.it is theirs. why did we vote them in?
why do we spend so much money on feeding clothing and shelter for all those in govt if they can not think for us
let them think for us my friend!

bodejohn: We need to keep educating ourselves, power generation is only a lap in the marathon race of providing uninterrupted power supply to Nigerians. That an athlete is leading the first lap does not mean he is the winner.

I have said this before and I say it again, generation is not the only problem, there is also transmission and distribution. If he fed. govt. like they can generate 10000Mw, if the distribution and transmission systems are weak, we will not see any result. It's just like a range sport suv without tyres.

I think the govt should leave the propaganda off we can generate so much power and concentrate on building better transmission and distribution systems.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by onoerime: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
Electricity in nigeria is purely politics
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by ebucha: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
The forces of light commonly known as the government need to aggressively over power the forces of darkness commonly known as generator importers before we can expect steady power supply. These people are as deadly as drug lords.
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by Wadeoye(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
Have been continuously on generator since yesterday in lagos here. Where are those stupid gej bootlickers who will come here to say gej has delivered electricity for nigeria?
Re: Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria by onoerime: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2013
I dont believe nigerians wil have steady light supply until the Fg is ready to commercialize the power sector. Come to think of it, if electricity supply is steady, the sales of candles, generators, petrol (those buying in cans) matches, stoves and diesel wil fall. These are some of the bodies sabotaging the power sector. We need a heart hardened mind president to overcome these bodies

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Versus Jonathan: Who Would You Vote 2015? / UPN: Is There Panic In ACN? / Atiku: My Dad Jailed For Not Allowing My Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.