Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? (2706 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / The Bamiloye Celebrate 27 Years Of Marriage With A Throw Back Pix Of The Wife / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by honey001(m): 6:38am On Jan 20, 2013
Let's say u are invited to a wedding, and u know fully well dat the bride is pregnant, will it be a sin to attend such marriage?
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2013
All the things you own, were they made by sinless people? Of course I know your answer, you will tell me you dont know, so it doesnt matter.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:42am On Jan 20, 2013
is it not even a sin coming to NairaLand by your own question?
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by FXKing2012(m): 9:47am On Jan 20, 2013
musKeeto:

Proverbs 17:
27 He that hath knowledge
spareth his words: and a man
of understanding is of an
excellent spirit.
28 Even a fool, when he holdeth
his peace, is counted wise: and
he that shutteth his lips is
esteemed a man of
understanding.

When an atheist goes abt quoting the scripture of which he has no knowledge of, it means he is either mocking himself thinking he's mocking God or he's slowly going mad without realizing it.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 20, 2013
FXKing2012:
When an atheist goes abt quoting the scripture of which he has no knowledge of, it means he is either mocking himself thinking he's mocking God or he's slowly going mad without realizing it.

Proverbs 18:2 Nlt
Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by FXKing2012(m): 10:10am On Jan 20, 2013
You have absolutely nothing to say either from the biblical point of view or from the 'other' point of view, so u are henceforth ignored.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by advocate666: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2013
FXKing2012: You have absolutely nothing to say either from the biblical point of view or from the 'other' point of view, so u are henceforth ignored.

another soldier of christ takes to his heels.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by truthislight: 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmm!

good question.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
honey001: Let's say u are invited to a wedding, and u know fully well dat the bride is pregnant, will it be a sin to attend such marriage?

Good evening honey001,

I am of the opinion that attending such a wedding is far from being sinful. I believe firmly that it would be worthwhile to attend if one is able.

The fact that the couple have decided to get married is an indication of their willingness to right a previous wrong. In this light, a true Christian should be there to witness the 'home-coming of a brother'.

Thank you!
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by truthislight: 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^

in that case fornication is not a sin.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
truthislight: ^^^

Your words sir!
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by honey001(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
truthislight: ^^^

Fornication is a sin. In the case of pregnancy for intending couple before marriage, the deed has been done already, nt dat one will not frown and rebuke such an act, but after rebuke, one can still rally round the person involved, cos we shud nt really hate the person that commit sin, rather then sin itself and more so, you don't throw away the baby with the water bath.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by honey001(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening honey001,

I am of the opinion that attending such a wedding is far from being sinful. I believe firmly that it would be worthwhile to attend if one is able.

The fact that the couple have decided to get married is an indication of their willingness to right a previous wrong. In this light, a true Christian should be there to witness the 'home-coming of a brother'.

Thank you!

U welcome. Thanks
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by truthislight: 7:28am On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Your words sir!

how is it my words?

You said this:

striktlymi:

Good evening honey001,

the only thing i will give to this ^^ post is that you did not specify what kind of wedding it is, (church or court/customary)

But truth be said, we should call a spade a spade.

That we encourage them To get married does not change premarital sex from being fornication in the sight of God.

Fornication is sex outside of marriage. QED.

Why should i celebrate such obvious disregard for God's law?

Cant they get married quietly with a remorse heart?
*sigh*

1 Like

Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by honey001(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2013
truthislight:

how is it my words?

You said this:

the only thing i will give to this ^^ post is that you did not specify what kind of wedding it is, (church or court/customary)

But truth be said, we should call a spade a spade.

That we encourage them To get married does not change premarital sex from being fornication in the sight of God.

Fornication is sex outside of marriage. QED.

Why should i celebrate such obvious disregard for God's law?

Cant they get married quietly with a remorse heart?
*sigh*

Agreed with u on dis. Church wedding is out of it, it's court wedding definitely.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by plappville(f): 9:16am On Jan 21, 2013
I agree with @truthislight, it is not good to be part of such wedding.
But this is nothing in todays church. Many churches lack knowledge of Gods law. I know one Church where couple who are church workers. In the choirs. The church wedded them with 4 months old pregnancy. shocked If you tell people what they do is against Scripture. And even show it to them, You looked at as a traitor in their midst. My.advise is this, Do not be part of their sin. So it is wrong to attend such wedding.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by honey001(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2013
plappville: I agree with @truthislight, it is not good to be part of such wedding.
But this is nothing in todays church. Many churches lack knowledge of Gods law. I know one Church where couple who are church workers. In the choirs. The church wedded them with 4 months old pregnancy. shocked If you tell people what they do is against Scripture. And even show it to them, You looked at as a traitor in their midst. My.advise is this, Do not be part of their sin. So it is wrong to attend such wedding.

Yeah, i am not in support of joining pregnant people in wedlock in church, but wat brought up this question is dat i was having a conversation with a pastor of a redeemed church on this same issue, though he frowned at such and does not support the idea of pregnancy before marriage, even sex should not be involved at all, cos he believes in the portion of the bible that says marriage is honourable in all and the bed undifiled, which i too totally support. But he said in the case whereby the couple had made a mistake of such, they wont be joined in the church, but they can still go ahead and do the marriage in court, and they should be happy and frown dat day, dat its their day cos its not going to be done twice. what brought about this post is that my aunt will not even attend such a wedding even if its done in a parlour and im like she is taking it too extreme by not attending the wedding.
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2013
Good morning,

I am still of the opinion that there is nothing wrong in joining someone who decides to bless his or her union in church after committing a sin.

Christ did not come for those who are healthy but for sinners. If the Angels in heaven would rejoice at the repentance of a sinner and Christ can accept sinners like Judas, Peter etc as his disciples then I see nothing wrong in rejoicing with a brother or sister at their home coming.

Similarly, Christ was accused of allowing a prostitute to touch his feet, he was accused of eating with sinners and tax collectors but this did not deter him from associating with them.

"He who is free from sin should be the first to cast the first stone".

Thank you!
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by mnwankwo(m): 11:36am On Jan 21, 2013
honey001: Let's say u are invited to a wedding, and u know fully well dat the bride is pregnant, will it be a sin to attend such marriage?

Hi honey001. All judgment based on appearances only, that is, what is physically visible will be wrong. Pregnancy or no pregnancy before customary, religious or legal wedding is an outward sign that is insufficient for a robust judgment that is according to the will of God. The reason for this is that marriage, contrary to general opinion has nothing to do with religious, cultural or legal ceremonies. A man and a woman are married in the eyes of GOD if genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility already exists between them. It is these innate qualities of genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility that pulled the couples together like the opposite poles of the magnet and it is the same qualities that ensures the permanence of the union from the very beginning. A marriage is thus initiated and consecrated by the laws of GOD if the aforementioned qualities or talents are already vibrating between the two souls. Whether or not the couples undertake a religious, customary or legal ceremony has nothing to do with the marriage itself. Religious, customary or legal ceremonies are simply requirements for the society, state or religious group to recognize the marriage but they do not constitute the marriage itself. As I briefly explained above, marriage is a an act instituted, consecrated and blessed by GOD when the prevailing conditions of genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility are fulfilled by the couples. Whether or not the society, culture or religion recognize this is immaterial. But of course there is nothing wrong in complying with earthly laws provided such laws do not run counter to the will of GOD

A couple who are genuinely married as I tried to explain above will live in a perfect spiritual harmony and love which sometimes may manifest in a physical consummation. A pregnancy that resulted when conditions of genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility are met is a blessing from GOD and the physical consummation that led to the pregnancy is pure. Whether or not a church, custom or state gave its approval is inconsequential. Equally, if the conditions of genuine marriage as I tried to explain above are not met, then the marriage act even when it is performed by the pope, a pastor or the chief Justice is immoral and all s.exua.l relationship in such a sham marriage is immoral. That one has a marriage certificate from a church, customary or high court does not make one truly married in the sight of GOD. If you understand what I said above, then many marriages which church and society approve are in reality immoral while some which church and society disapprove are in reality moral. Take a dispassionate look at all the marriages you have come across and I am confident that one can see the brazen immorality in many of them even when they were initiated with great cultural and religious ceremonies. Where there is no genuine love, all physical union are immoral. A "married couple" have no love for each other, they disagree on almost everything, they abuse each other emotional and physically and yet they still have physical union believing that the marriage certificate given by the state or church absolves them of the immorality of their intimate contacts.

Then imagine a crowd of these legally but immorally married couples condemning a girl in a genuine marriage as I explained above but happen to be pregnant before the earthly ceremonies of church or court wedding. The paradox is that the pregnant girl according to my explanation is without sin while those condemning and pointing fingers are the ones with a lot of immorality and have much to answer before GOD. Using a marriage certificate issued by the church or society to define when a s.exual relation is immoral or moral is wrong for the conditions for God sanctioned marriage are not written on the marriage certificates but in the qualities indelibly written in the two souls that are seeking for a union. Much of the divorce and immorality prevalent today is down to people thinking that in order to have the liberty of having s.ex, one just need to get "married" by the church or state. They ignore conditions for genuine marriage (genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility) and end up marrying the wrong person. The sham marriage is thus doomed from the start and the attendant result is divorce or a soulless marriage where happiness have disappeared. Genuine love and compatibility between couples in a marriage that is according to the laws of GOD manifest in supreme happiness. Like the poles of the magnet, the couples are inseparable no matter the earthly trials. The happiness that emanates from such a home is infectious that even strangers who are a little observant will notice it. Gods will for us is to be happy, an overflowing happiness that comes from deep within the soul and in obeying the laws of GOD that are indelibly written in his creations, we will find supreme happiness. Best Wishes.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 21, 2013
^^^
Good morning Nwankwo,

I hope you are not trying to justify fornication?
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by mnwankwo(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi: ^^^
Good morning Nwankwo,

Hi Striktlyml. Good morning to you too. No, I am not trying to justify fornication. All I am saying is that it is not the church or state or custom that defines fornication, rather it is the laws of GOD. My conviction is that the conditions for a genuine marriage according to the laws of GOD are genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility. If the souls seeking for the union have these qualities living with them, then their marriage is blessed by GOD and protected by GOD`s power. If the souls seeking for union do not have the qualities I mentioned above, then the marriage and the intimacy in such a union is immoral even if the marriage vows are taken in front of the Pope or the Chief Justice of the federation. Rightly understood, any intimacy without genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility is immoral and that holds true for both "married" and "unmarried" unions. Intimacy where the aforementioned conditions are met is moral and pure and that also hold true for couples in "married" and "unmarried" relationship. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hi Nwankwo,

I trust you are preparing to have lunch cause I know I am.

m_nwankwo:
Hi Striktlyml. Good morning to you too. No, I am not trying to justify fornication.

I am glad that your post was not intended to justify fornication. I must confess that I was scared for a moment there.

m_nwankwo:
All I am saying is that it is not the church or state or custom that defines fornication, rather it is the laws of GOD. My conviction is that the conditions for a genuine marriage according to the laws of GOD are genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility. If the souls seeking for the union have these qualities living with them, then their marriage is blessed by GOD and protected by GOD`s power. If the souls seeking for union do not have the qualities I mentioned above, then the marriage and the intimacy in such a union is immoral even if the marriage vows are taken in front of the Pope or the Chief Justice of the federation. Rightly understood, any intimacy without genuine love, spiritual and psychic compatibility is immoral and that holds true for both "married" and "unmarried" unions. Intimacy where the aforementioned conditions are met is moral and pure and that also hold true for couples in "married" and "unmarried" relationship. Stay blessed.

First of all, I respect the fact that the above is your conviction on the matter and quite frankly, I tend to agree with some of the comments you made above but some others are rather obscure.

I don't know what your definition of fornication is cause I am quite concerned that you tried to suggest a distinction between what God calls fornication and what the 'Church' agrees to be fornication. I am of the opinion that fornication is quite clear and the definition of the 'Church' is the same as that proffered in sacred scriptures (which represents God's words).

I quite agree with you when you suggested that some factors MUST be present before a union will be considered as acceptable before God. 'By union I mean one who is properly married'. You mentioned "psychic compatibility", I am not sure what you mean by this but I am of the opinion that a union entered in deceit should not be considered to be a proper marriage and as such the union should be annulled (implying that there was no marriage in the first place).

Your use of intimacy is also quite vague. If your usage of 'initmacy' has some sex.ual undertone then I do not agree that this is permitted for those who are unmarried irrespective of their love, spiritual and 'psychic' compatibility. If two unmarried individuals believe they are meant for each other, then they should get married rather than being involved in fornication.

Thank you!
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by mnwankwo(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hi Striktlyml,

Thank you for your reasoned response. I reply to some of the points you raised as follows:

I don't know what your definition of fornication is cause I am quite concerned that you tried to suggest a distinction between what God calls fornication and what the 'Church' agrees to be fornication. I am of the opinion that fornication is quite clear and the definition of the 'Church' is the same as that proffered in sacred scriptures (which represents God's words).

Yes, I made a distinction between what religion teaches about fornication and what I know to be fornication in the eyes of GOD. Maybe, I did not make myself as clear as possible. I will rephrase it like this. Fornication is any s.exual intimacy in thoughts, words, imagination,intent or physical action between a man an a woman that lack genuine love and are spiritually and psychically incompatible. I do not believe that any book contains the word of GOD. At best the sacred books will give you signpost which if followed will lead to the word of GOD.

I quite agree with you when you suggested that some factors MUST be present before a union will be considered as acceptable before God. 'By union I mean one who is properly married'. You mentioned "psychic compatibility", I am not sure what you mean by this but I am of the opinion that a union entered in deceit should not be considered to be a proper marriage and as such the union should be annulled (implying that there was no marriage in the first place).

Spiritual complimentary refers to whether the different "notes" that emanates from the spirit of intending couples can form a music (harmony) or noise (disharmony) Two people may be good according to the laws of GOD but they are not compatible because the qualities that each soul carry can not form a harmonious union. Instead of complementing each other, they will repel each other. The north pole of a magnet complements the south pole, hence the attraction but the same poles are incompatible, hence the repulsion. The same happen in qualities that emanates from the soul. Psychic compatibility refers the the harmony between what emanates from the various material and non-material bodies that the spirit covers itself with and this includes karmic entanglements dating to former times. One characteristics of a union where these conditions are fulfilled is the inner happiness that bubbles in such couples irrespective of their earthly conditions. Hopefully, in the future, I will give practical examples on these issues.

Your use of intimacy is also quite vague. If your usage of 'initmacy' has some sex.ual undertone then I do not agree that this is permitted for those who are unmarried irrespective of their love, spiritual and 'psychic' compatibility. If two unmarried individuals believe they are meant for each other, then they should get married rather than being involved in fornication.

You are welcome to disagree with me. If two "unmarried" people are actually meant for each other as I explained in my posts on this thread, then they are indeed genuinely married in the eyes of GOD. Whether or not this genuine marriage is given recognition by the church or state is inconsequential. In being meant for each other lies the marriage act. The religious or legal ceremonies that may or may not follow the marriage act as I explained neither validates nor annuls the marriage act. It is only in the eyes of men who only judge by externals that such a genuine marriage is deemed as no marriage. Like I said previously, there is nothing wrong in adhering to legal or religious requirements but theses ceremonies are not the marriage act itself. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by honey001(m): 2:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Now, i am learning a lot..........
Re: Marriage With Pregnancy: Is It A Sin To Attend? by truthislight: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
striktlymi: ^^^
Good morning Nwankwo,

lol. Imo!.

Coming from you on this thread, i wander.

Without boundaries it is sure tending to anachy.

No one says getting a compatible marriage met is bad, but a "sodom and gormorah" like lifestyle is a recipe for disaster.

That is why drawing the line is consistent with human nature and peaceful co-existence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Next Pope Is The Anti-christ / What The Nigerian Atheist Who Was Declared Insane Shows About Xtians And Muslims / Bible The Gospel Of Porn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.