Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Am I On The Right Track??? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I On The Right Track??? (1157 Views)

Caught My Boss In The Act; Am I Safe? / 10 Signs To Know That You Have Found The Right Career / Am On D Right Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I On The Right Track??? by Ocutegan(m): 8:50am On Jan 20, 2013
I've always wanted to study medicine and surgery, have a doctor before my name, be respected and of course save lives that's where my passion lies, my parents are also happy with it especially my mom, she wants to be called “mama doki” but after 3 years of trying to get into the university for this course..all hope seems lost, almost all my friends are already in the Uni and I just want to become and undergraduate so soon, begin the campus life and just get something doing because time is not smiling at me anymore.
So last year I decided to pick another course in UTME,picked Pharmacy and told my parents about it, though I can see it showing that they're not happy that I'm beginning to give up on ma dream but they had to let me do it. Wrote all the necessary exams I'm now so used to and finally I've been picked, even beat the cut off point for Medicine & Surgery this time. I was happy at last I'm going to leave home and decide my future, now I'm here in the university and regrets are beginning to fall in, I can no longer see myself as a pharmacist, sitting in a shop and dispensing drugs to people, it holds no respect and don't seem fulfilling. After doing a lot of research to find out maybe I can still find one good thing to love about studying pharmacy, I found none. Even read on here about how stressful it is being a pharmacy student, they even get worked up more than med & surg students.
This has been all I've been thinking of for months, still in my 100l, Unilag and I'm not happy, please nairalanders, is there something I'm not seeing about this course, is it worth it being a pharmacist, how good do they earn Many more of this is what I want to know I need you guys enlighten me.
Happyy sunday to everyone

2 Likes

Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Ocutegan(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2013
pls i need your contributions
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Alonga: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2013
Is simple task for u,sence u luv to studies medicine u hv to work hand in ur 1oo level if u can score 3point above them u can change to medicine but u will only loose 1 section.
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Alonga: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
I m sorry d spealing,study.
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2013
It's all about passion dude, why did you compromise? Oya, go back to writing jamb to enter for medicine sharply!!
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Syenite(m): 8:30am On Jan 23, 2013
In Nigeria of today, no profession is useless. True that Pharmacist are usually second citizens to medical doctors. I never liked that course, Biochemistry, Anatomy or Microbiology is even better. You can still change to medicine if possible.
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Syenite: In Nigeria of today, no profession is useless. True that Pharmacist are usually second citizens to medical doctors. I never liked that course, Biochemistry, Anatomy or Microbiology is even better. You can still change to medicine if possible.
ignorant, ignorant, ignorant!!!

1 Like

Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by DorcasKaruana: 4:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
Career Choice decision is one difficult thing which is an individual’s duty. Many form four leavers have ended up making uninformed decision about the course they will pursues in college. Since we all have different skills, interests, experiences and expectations, you should consider these factors when choosing careers.
Your Interests- Could be social,, outdoor and active, creative or scientific
Values & Motivations- Security, Money, helping others, work life balance
Your Personality- determined cautious, outgoing, and calm.
Your Skills- Team work, computing, Problem solving, communicating.
Your Qualifications.
Your Contacts

Choosing a Career involves 4 main stages:
Self Awareness
Opportunity Awareness
Decision Making
Taking Action

For your case you lack Self Awareness which involves looking at your Skills, Values, Interests And Personality and analysing where your strengths and weaknesses lie. This is important both in choosing the right career and also for success in applications and interviews where you will find many questions which test whether you have been through this process.

www.careerpointkenya.com
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2013
Syenite: I never liked that course, Biochemistry, Anatomy or Microbiology is even better.
you are so ignorant you believe Nigeria is a Town in China, are you for real
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 03, 2013
Op, I advice you to get out of pharmacy!
If u dnt have passion for it, trust me, you will fail out. Oh, well, thnk God ur in Unilag, their pharmacy is mild, come to OAU to knw what's up.
Seriously, go after your passion!
God help you
Re: Am I On The Right Track??? by tpia5: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Crap.

(1) (Reply)

Pwc Graduate Trainee Interview 2013. / ICAN RESULTS NOVEMBER 2013 RESULTS.. Let meet here / Employee Hierarchy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.