Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Should Religious Leaders Go Into Governance In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Religious Leaders Go Into Governance In Nigeria? (446 Views)

Good Governance: I Need Your Prayers- Buhari Tells Religious Leaders / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC / Should Religious Leaders Seek Political Positions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Religious Leaders Go Into Governance In Nigeria? by Slizbeat(m): 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
[b]I dont know what you all might think or how you might feel from your own perspective but to me, i think it is OK if the Religious Leader is worthy of such positions in governance, or even the presidency position.

I can recall it happened in Haiti where a priest headed/governed the country as President. Even in Benue state, they had a time when a catholic Priest was the governor. In my own view, i think is advicable religious leaders rules the nation, for a few reasons:

1. They would/can be held accountable whenever there is a case of fund misappropriation because they have *hierachies(dont knw if i got the spelling, dont gbagaun megrin) in their various religions.

2. They would do anything humanly possible to see that they dont spoil their names and the religious reputations as a leader.

3. They would try to see that they do what they have being preaching to their congregations.
These are some of the few reasons why am Ok with it.

What do you think?, Is it advicable for them to enter into governance? (not neccessarily Politicians because in Nigeria, the word politician alone denotes "ruthlessness, deceit" e.t.c)[/b]

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: South African Court Convicts Henry Okah / Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks / What Will U Do With A Faulty Gift From Government House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.