Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission - Education (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission (439970 Views)

2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Bosman84: 11:33am On Sep 30, 2013
Up till nw....I'm nt yet cleared...all documents and acceptance paid two weeks nw...COMSIT Y?
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 30, 2013
i have a friend dat is yet to be cleard. do cleared freshers upload dia jamb nd waec results or they only supply the details of their results and scratch cards
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Iphedaryor: 11:43am On Sep 30, 2013
plz any info about d 2nd list..Bcus I still dy expect msg ooo
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Unilorin appoints new Bursar

The Managing Director of Splendid Microfinance Bank Limited, Abuja, Mr. Abiodun Saka Yusuf, has been appointed the new Bursar of the University of Ilorin. He takes over from the former Bursar, Mr. Ayo Sijuwola, who completed his tour of duties in August.

Mr. Yusuf's appointment, which followed the recommendation of the Selection Board constituted to assess applicants for the position of Bursar, was one of the major decisions taken at the 139th Meeting of the University Governing Council last Wednesday (September 25, 2013.

A First Class Honour Accounting graduate and Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), the new Bursar is bringing into the job 28 years of experience in external auditing, management and financial consultancy and banking.

Mr. Yusuf , who was the Bursar of Kwara State College of Education, Ilorin, between 2005 and 2008, had also served as Senior Manager, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (1993 – 1998); Assistant General Manager, First Atlantic Bank Plc (1999 – 2002); and Executive Director, Mcford Consulting Limited (2002 – 2005).

Born on January 16, 1961, the new Bursar graduated from Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria with a First Class Honours degree in Accounting in June 1984. Before then, he had attended the then School of Basic Studies, Kwara State College of Technology (now Kwara State Polytechnic) between 1978 and 1980 for his G.C.E. Advanced Level and Ansarul Islam Grammar School, Ijomu Oro, between 1973 and 1978 for his School Certificate.

Mr. Yusuf qualified as a chartered accountant in 1989 and became a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) in 1999. He is also an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, a Fellow of the Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria as well as a Microfinance Certified Banker.

In 2007, when the idea for the establishment of a state university was mooted by the Kwara State Government, Mr. Yusuf was one of the members of the then Technical Committee for the proposed Kwara State University. He was also a member of the Implementation Committee for the University from January 2008 to January 2009. When the University was finally established, he was appointed one of the members of the Interim Governing Council between April and June 2009.

Mr. Yusuf, who is married with children, loves travelling, reading and playing tennis.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by SEYIKP(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2013
Lollydollydrop: d patient dog eats d fatest bone infact i was in tension as at yesterday nyt nt until i was cleard dis mornin{uploadd last 2wks fri reploadd dis fri nt until mon
Are you in skul? and please i need your update if u guys have started anything, *****i represent team sociology****
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2013
Unilorin classrooms to get smart boards soon–VC

All classrooms in the University of Ilorin will soon be equipped with the latest smart boards in line with global best practices to ensure effective teaching.

The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. AbdulGaniyu Ambali, revealed this last Tuesday (September 25, 2013) during a meeting with members of a National University Commission (NUC) team that visited the University on resource verification exercise.

“All classrooms shall be ICT compliant. Smart boards and latest classroom technology shall be put in place. You will see a new Unilorin in terms of teaching facilities”, the Vice-Chancellor disclosed.

The NUC team was in the University to verify resources put in place for by the University for the take-off of newly established Faculties, Departments and splitting of some existing Faculties. The new Departments include: Department of Architecture, Department of Quantity Surveying, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, Department of Water Resources Engineering, Department of Marketing, Department of Surveying and Geo-Informatics, Department of Psychology and Department of Social work.

Others are: Department of Agriculture Education, Department of Business Studies, Department of Igbo and Department of Hausa.

The proposed Faculties are Faculty of Social Sciences, Faculty of Management Sciences, Faculty of Environmental Sciences. Also, the Department of Arts and Social Sciences Education is to be split into two, the Department of Arts Education and Department of Social Science Education while the Department of Educational Technology is to be excised from the present Department of Science Education

Prof. Ambali thanked members of the resource verification team, led by Mr. Sam Ukani, and assured them that the University takes their comment seriously, adding that their observations would be implemented to the letter.

The Vice-Chancellor said, “Your words have been encouraging to us. We shall beef up areas that are inadequate. We shall aggressively pursue and recruit more staff. Offices and laboratories for new departments shall be sorted out before December.”

Prof. Ambali further thanked the team for what he called their “objective observations and compliments”, noting that “this is line with observations made by previous high calibre visitors to the University including members of the Senate and House of Representatives Committees on Education.”

The Vice-Chancellor also expressed happiness that the resource verification team agreed with the University management on the need to introduce new programmes and split some existing ones.

Briefing the University management earlier, the team leader, Mr. Ukani, said that having gone round the facilities put in place in preparation for the take-off of the proposed programmes, members of the team were “very impressed with what we have seen.”

He stressed that the Library is up-to-date and that the e-library is one of the best in the country with subscriptions to relevant journals.

The team leader also observed that the University staff are highly dedicated, motivated and interactive, stressing that the new programmes are well prepared for take-off.

Earlier during a courtesy call on the Vice-Chancellor in his office, Mr. Ukani disclosed that the NUC had constituted four resource assessment teams to ascertain the University's readiness to start the new programmes that have been requested.

He explained that being a quality assurance regulatory body, the NUC was bent on ascertaining that all academic programmes should be started on a good platform.

The team leader however stated that the team is a partner in progress and not one on a mission to pull the University down.

Other members of the resource verification team on the visit were: Prof. S. Mustafa, Prof. M. Karaje, Mr. Idris Ibrahim, Prof. B. M. Ndoni, Prof. James B. Olaleye, Prof. Oyaziwo Aluede and Prof. Gray Goziem Ejikeme.

Others were: Prof. Timothy C. Mogbo, Prof. A. O. Olotuah, Prof. Obina Enukolia, Mrs. Justina Emerole, Mr. Adamu Mohammed, Mr. Theophilus Ogbor and Prof. Theresa O. Odumuh.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Lordseyad(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
ASUU Executives Were Called For A Meeting In The UK... So They All Met At The Murtala Muhammed International Airport In Lagos...
While They Were Seated And Relaxed In The Plane, They Were Informed That The Plane Was Built By A Group Of Students From Nigeria's Universities And The Plane Was On Its First Experimental Trip... They All Ran Out Of The Plane, Except One Person, When He Was Asked By The Other Staff, His Reason For Remaining, He Said "If It Is Made By Our Students, It Will Not Even Start..

copied 4rm fb.

2 Likes

Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by ayawori(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
I'm really shocked. I'm presently in school right now and I spoke to d President and HOD of Computer Science. They confirmed dat d fees have really been increased and dat they were not carried along when the decision was taken and dat there's nothing dat can be done abt it. This is unimaginable.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Vic2much: 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
[b]The University Of Ilorin, UNILORIN will
today the 30th of September 2013,
commence registration activities for
Newly admitted students of the
University for the 2013/2014 Academic
session.
Well only cleared students will be
allowed to start registration fully, while
the uncleared ones should please
report to the admission office.
The following are to be presented to
your level adviser:
a) 2 Passport photograph,
b) State of origin certificate,
c) JAMB result slip,
d) WAEC result or statement of result,
e) Birth certificate,
f) admission clearance slip, and
g) Post Utme result slip.
COURSE REGISTRATION:
This will be done after you have
registered as a student. In this process
please don’t be in a hurry to register,
you can wait till next week and ask for
more directions from your seniors and
updated colleagues.
Well under this you will choose all CORE
and REQUIRED courses, but ELECTIVES
are optional. Please under the electives
choose what you know very well. You
will be given a departmental minimum
credit for each semester.
In conclusion: THE LESSER YOUR COURSE
WORKLOAD, THE BETTER FOR YOU. More
course workload doesn’t boost your
GP, so don’t be confused.[/b]
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Lordseyad(m): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
ayawori: I'm really shocked. I'm presently in school right now and I spoke to d President and HOD of Computer Science. They confirmed dat d fees have really been increased and dat they were not carried along when the decision was taken and dat there's nothing dat can be done abt it. This is unimaginable.
Hmmm oga lara unilorin o..
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by emmable(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Jst checked nw and they are telling me i've nt been cleared to study sociology.Reason;UTME SUBJECT. what am i going 2 do nw guys? And where will they moving me 2? Subj comb;eng,govt,lit&crk.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by SEYIKP(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
emmable: Jst checked nw and they are telling me i've nt been cleared to study sociology.Reason;UTME SUBJECT. what am i going 2 do nw guys? And where will they moving me 2? Subj comb;eng,govt,lit&crk.
Same here too. reason utme subject so so pathetic, i pray not to be move to useless course.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by cyberthief(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
SEYI_KP: Are you in skul? and please i need your update if u guys have started anything, *****i represent team sociology****
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by SEYIKP(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
cyberthief: .
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS. HOPE IS NOT MEANT FOR BAD. IF IT IS, I WILL SAY I AM BETTER THAN YOU ATLEAST I AM A UNILORITE.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Holarz(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
Kylexb: Cleared as agric student..but course registeration na prob ooo..pls how will i get the level adviser..any tip?
go to ur dept,u'll meet him/her,i've gone to mine nd submitted some forms
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Holarz(m): 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
ayawori: I'm really shocked. I'm presently in school right now and I spoke to d President and HOD of Computer Science. They confirmed dat d fees have really been increased and dat they were not carried along when the decision was taken and dat there's nothing dat can be done abt it. This is unimaginable.
the increament in fee z due to i-pad dat will be given to freshers
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Holarz(m): 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Vic2much: [b]The University Of Ilorin, UNILORIN will
session.
your level adviser:
c) JAMB result slip,
e) Birth certificate,
COURSE REGISTRATION:
updated colleagues.
pls,hw can i get in contact wit u 2go,phone number,whatsapp.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Babalola1990: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2013
Holarz: the increament in fee z due to i-pad dat will be given to freshers
Dis I-pad still dey do me somehow.. You sabi how much dem dey sell I-pad?? Abi na tablet u wan talk if at all
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by sinmisolaoluwa: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lollydollydrop: d patient dog eats d fatest bone infact i was in tension as at yesterday nyt nt until i was cleard dis mornin{uploadd last 2wks fri reploadd dis fri nt until mon
thanks...i know i shall be cleared soon....atleast hav been on it since last week tuesday. God is in control.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by mrdynamix(m): 4:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Finally cleared Electrical Engineering Direct Entry. after three reuploads..
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
SEYI_KP: Are you in skul? and please i need your update if u guys have started anything, *****i represent team sociology****
no news as at nw..evr1 is busy with d clearance stuff
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by bashtec9: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by olumoda(f): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
Vic2much: [b]The University Of Ilorin, UNILORIN will
session.
your level adviser:
c) JAMB result slip,
e) Birth certificate,
COURSE REGISTRATION:
updated colleagues.
Are we going to pay the school fees bfor course registration?
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2013
emmable: Jst checked nw and they are telling me i've nt been cleared to study sociology.Reason;UTME SUBJECT. what am i going 2 do nw guys? And where will they moving me 2? Subj comb;eng,govt,lit&crk.
before i wrote myn i was told nt to write crk bt econs instead..
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2013
before i wrote myn i was told nt to write crk bt econs instead..make sure u go 2 Comsit 4 mre details or d admin office 2 knw what else {just sugestn}
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by JSAdex: 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
We've met with microbiology level adviser and he said we should come back on wedsday around 9-10am.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
mrdynamix: Finally cleared Electrical Engineering Direct Entry. after three reuploads..
congrats man.........the 1st authentic d.e who i know dat have bin cleard..........congrats again oooooooo
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by karferguso(m): 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
Any medical student here wit d level adviser details?........nid it urgently
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Lordseyad(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Any statistics student wey dn meet the Level adviser?
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Herbarium: 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
@Last, am finally cleared.LORD i thank you.You are so wonderful.
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Herbarium: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
@Last, am finally cleared.LORD i thank you.You are so wonderful.bbf here I come
Re: University of Ilorin 2013/2014 Admission by Herbarium: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Abeg how i go take knw my level adviser?

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (353) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Programme For 2015/2016 Session / Unilorin 2012/2013 Admissions / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.