Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: - Education (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: (620461 Views)

Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
Miracy: cnt stop laughin.....

Derail Derailed Derailer Derailing Derailment.....lolzzzzz

i love d word DERAIL!!!!

LOL....ALL IS WELL grin grin grin grin grin
Babe, do u guys want me 2 turn 2 a class captain ni? Stop makin noise, sowi i mean stop derailing!!!!
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oysdam(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
kkkk,am sorry 4 interfering,pls ignore any significance my posts has created nd you all should pls LEAVE me.thks...@everybody
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
when super eagles goh play, samtolly? Sowi for d derail doh.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
cimetidine: when super eagles goh play, samtolly? Sowi for d derail doh.

They will soon start oo
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by funtanherb(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Let them keep the thread going,there is always a sense in every nonsense.They will surely stop derailing when there is an important update or info...Kudos to you all....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
michaeltotti: [s][/s]bros?u dey para ooo??sowi bro..dt normally d case wen ma ba3 is down..page will av flip like ten tyms bfore 5hr..so d mtter of derail shud b explain patiently nt wit agidi..

We nt in military world aagaain l.na civilian we deycheesy
exactly boss
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Dolphineyes(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
I found this,for English Majors.Many amongst us might find the first paragraphs useful,as it pertains to all.

Welcome to the Department of English
Department of English Language and Literature Curriculum

Course Codes

The code of each course in the Department begins with a three- letter abbreviation (ENG), which represents the Department of English. This is followed by a three digit number, the first of which indicates the year of study in which the course is taught, the second digit refers to the subject area within the course and the third digit represents the number of times the course has run in that area and the semester for the course; odd numbers refer to the first semester, and even numbers of the third digit refer to the second semester. There are however some exceptions.

The stress areas represented by the middle digit are numbered as follows:

1. Linguistics- General Language Courses

2. Language- Phonetics and Phonology

3. Language-Morphology, Syntax and Semantics

4.Language-Composition, Reading and Writing

5.English Literature-Survey and General Courses

6.Literature in English - Area Studies, Including African Literature, etc.

7. English Literature - Stress areas e.g Poetry, Drama,Fiction

8. English Literature - Specific Periods, Specific Authors

9. Project, Research Methods, Special Methods

10. Basic/Elementary.

Designation/ Status of Courses

Major courses: These are compulsory courses. They are Core courses within the Department of English that must be taken and passed.

Required courses: These are courses outside the discipline;  otherwise known as subsidiary, that must be taken and passed.

Elective courses: These are courses within or outside the discipline from which students select a number,  for purposes of fulfilling the minimum requirements for the award of the degree. Which ever one selected must be taken and passed.

General Studies: These are courses under the School of General Studies programme which students must do to fulfill the University requirements for the award of the Bachelor’s  degree. These course must all be passed.

Optional Compulsory: These are major departmental courses from which students choose for the purposes of completing the number of required credits for the semester. More importantly, the courses chosen from this group of courses help to orientate a student towards language, or towards literature, and help to indicate the student's area of greatest interest.

Full-Time Bachelor of Arts (B. A.) Programme

1st Year, First Semester

Course Code

Course Title

Credits Hours

Remark

Prerequisite

ENG 101

Elements of  English Grammar and Usage I

Compulsory

None

ENG 111

Introduction to General Linguistics I

Compulsory

None

ENG 141

Mechanics of Reading Comprehension

Compulsory

None

ENG 151

Introduction to Fiction

Compulsory

None

ENG 161

Introduction to Nigerian Literature I

Compulsory

None

ENG 173

Introduction to Poetry

Compulsory

None

G.S. 101

Use of English I

Compulsory

None

G.S. 107

Nigerian Peoples and Culture(s)

Compulsory

None

IGB 101

Elementary Igbo I

Elective

None

FRE 101

Elementary French I

Elective

None

HAU 101*

Elementary Hausa I

Elective

None

YOR 101*

Elementary Yoruba I

Elective

None

CHI 101*

Elementary Chinese I

Elective

None

1st Year, Second Semester

Course Code

Course Title

Credits Hours

Remark

Prerequisite

ENG 102

Elements of English Grammar and Usage II

Compulsory

ENG 101

ENG 112

Introduction to General Linguistics II

Compulsory

ENG 111

ENG 131

Basic English Composition

Compulsory

None

ENG 152

Introduction to Oral Literature

Compulsory

None

ENG 162

Introduction to Nigerian Literature II

Compulsory

ENG 161

ENG 171

Elements of Drama

Compulsory

None

G.S. 102

Use of English II

Compulsory

G.S. 101

G.S. 103

Introduction to Philosophy and Logic

Compulsory

None

IGB 102

Elementary Igbo II

Elective

IGB 101

FRE 102

Elementary French II

Elective

FRE 101

HAU 102*

Elementary Hausa II

Elective

HAU 101

YOR 102*

Elementary Yoruba II

Elective

YOR 101

CHI 102*

Elementary Chinese II

Elective

CHI 101
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oysdam: kkkk,am sorry 4 interfering,pls ignore any significance my posts has created nd you all should pls LEAVE me.thks...@everybody

One love bro....

Come drink G-flakes with me.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oysdam: kkkk,am sorry 4 interfering,pls ignore any significance my posts has created nd you all should pls LEAVE me.thks...@everybody
tz one of dose things boss.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oluwatola5: Babe, do u guys want me 2 turn 2 a class captain ni? Stop makin noise, sowi i mean stop derailing!!!!
shocked
shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
Dolphineyes: I found this,for English Majors.Many amongst us might find the first paragraphs useful,as it pertains to all.

Welcome to the Department of English
Department of English Language and Literature Curriculum

kudos bro...

Where do you see this so I can search for Law too oo
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Dolphineyes(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
As seen with a browser

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
@samtolly nd odas...They are: Legal Method(material z intro to legal method by A.O Sanni), lit, phil, logic, eng, sociology. Legal method z d only law related course in part 1. Latin nop dey for oau. Thank God no more biology nd maths.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
Miracy: cnt stop laughin.....

Derail Derailed Derailer Derailing Derailment.....lolzzzzz

i love d word DERAIL!!!!

LOL....ALL IS WELL grin grin grin grin grin

Stop derailing the thread with your laughter now.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
cimetidine: @samtolly nd odas...They are: Legal Method(material z intro to legal method by A.O Sanni), lit, phil, logic, eng, sociology. Legal method z d only law related course in part 1. Latin nop dey for oau. Thank God no more biology nd maths.

Have you heard about 'Pink Bible'?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Dolphineyes(m): 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
Dolphineyes: As seen with a browser

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS:

Stop derailing the thread with your laughter now.
with brown, no, white teeth. Lol
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS:

Have you heard about 'Pink Bible'?
dtz for 200l, i think. One big bk lyk dis?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
cimetidine: dtz for 200l, i think. One big bk lyk dis?

Nay bro,

Its the textbook for PUL101... I think it has some Latin inside.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Ghydyon(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oysdam: am neva angry buh that idiot thinking that me nt being on merit list is the reason 4 my posts sucks...one's personality determines one's stand on this whole thing,get the fhucktard informed
ogbeni,me no understand all dis ur grammer.c we r in dis together so its nt only u...u dnt hav to create unnecessary tension because ur name isnt on d merit list.let me ask u a question is dat d end of d world? Nah.my daily watchword is LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE SAD jux kip ur head straight and enjoy it while it last bro.our time dey come too. #team2ndlist#

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS:

Nay bro,

Its the textbook for PUL101... I think it has some Latin inside.
watz PUL?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by SleekHoyeen(f): 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
michaeltotti: lolz funny pple,funny thread...na nw u know say diaz derailinansa nw??
Mr president is even talkin of derailin??when am sayin den dt u derail thread??is mr president nt dia wen dey fytin for who to hit page 300 then..dt dey change olastep topic of seein if our subject combo is good for our course or we nid to do exam asap.dt what pain me most..buh ah muted den..so u nw need course outline u sed we derail??..dix nt derail cux mr tp is even d derailer den..

Nd to dosee shoutin derail derail oo..or we post jokes or sumtyn else u sed it derailin aqain..all work bt no play mke michael a dull boy ooo..see ehn..wen God giv me all course to b hapi..y would i bcom a sobber..i bliv dt dose complainin are dose dt dint mit d cut off mark ooo..i bliv dt..y dnt u b hapi nd God will do urs also...if u av anytopic..post nd we will concentrate on it...if u jux sayin mke we concentrate on d main reason we aree here..d thread will b as dead as houdegbe north american uni thread...wev bcom family oo..i dnt want d case wen we will all lost flair for postin here..it sweet as we dey post here oo.

i dnt care what anyone say ooo...dt jux ma mind...if u like ban me aqain cux i say d truth..

Evryone derails dt d point..it wen u need hep dt u know pple derail..[s]mtchhhhhheeww[s/]derail ko dtail nih
#speechless#
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
cimetidine: watz PUL?

The only Legal Course in Year 1
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Kendzyma(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
"Derailer?" az oau added a new cours?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by cimetidine: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
Samtolly4JESUS:

The only Legal Course in Year 1
hmmmm. Letz wait nd see. Dnt confuse urself.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by phtemie(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Fynestboi: Ansa dis questn.
18?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
cimetidine: hmmmm. Letz wait nd see. Dnt confuse urself.

I got my facts right bro...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by michaeltotti(m): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oysdam: am neva angry buh that idiot thinking that me nt being on merit list is the reason 4 my posts sucks...one's personality determines one's stand on this whole thing,get the fhucktard informed
broz dt nt d end of life ooo...dz life is too short for u to b naggin ooo..insted of naggin...seat us down nd explain matter to us...we myt av n advice for u...dn to nag nd support deraillin party...bro cool down nd blive in christ...dd u know when d axe head fell insyd d river??d mighty power dt jesus use den is stil alive...remember we r d christ body,christ z d head..so he gave us power above ll tyns dt z named....admision z named...y cnt u pray to God nd he wil surely do it..dn to nag..*

Shalom
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by domdan13(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Who is up wit naija match

sad sad sorry 4 derailin tho sad
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Samtolly4JESUS(m): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
domdan13: Who is up wit naija match

sad sad sorry 4 derailin tho sad

The derailers are on the pitch lipsrsealed
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by domdan13(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
michaeltotti: broz dt nt d end of life ooo...dz life is too short for u to b naggin ooo..insted of naggin...seat us down nd explain matter to us...we myt av n advice for u...dn to nag nd support deraillin party...bro cool down nd blive in christ...dd u know when d axe head fell insyd d river??d mighty power dt jesus use den is stil alive...remember we r d christ body,christ z d head..so he gave us power above ll tyns dt z named....admision z named...y cnt u pray to God nd he wil surely do it..dn to nag..*

Shalom
#GBAM...u've said it all bro....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by MubarokX(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Dolphineyes:
gbam! correct!!That footpath is unique!
na so

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (718) (Reply)

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.