Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,815 members, 7,831,648 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: - Education (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: (622291 Views)

Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by paul197(m): 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
dokdave: yh...
same hr....wats ur final pd score
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
dokdave: wow congratz.....nd accounting it is
tnkx bro....nyce course.wish u all d best
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Miracy: smooth...thank God...urs??
Kinda stressful but am sorting tinz out already
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Olastep1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
fumeah: pls my friends comin for pd exam nid somwer to stay,is der anyone wu cud help.pls
so, nobody has helped...? I would have helped but not in skul. N a friend who lives in Ife. I cant trust him to this extent moreover if they're females. You got it...huh?! I'l be traveling to Ib via ife nxt week. Jst wish to stop over in school. Bt wouldnt stay long. If i cant help atlast, then, i'm gonna pass u tips they must use to make their visit/exam sweet and hitchfree. Moreover, my inner mind says ASUU strike wil be over within a week from here. Hmmmmn
Tommybob: am sure fynest ll say d 'inverse' of wat diz guy jst sed...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... So, what wil now be the Determinant...?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fynestboi: oga na antithesis

go back to your book i dont have time to type.........

dont let me leave in a DARK ROOM
epigram means A pithy saying or remark expressing an idea in a clever and amusing way
Yh, it is witty and usually short.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Fynestboi: 3:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oluwatola5: Yh, it is witty and usually short.
chaii c wetin ASUU don do to the guy so bad.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Miracy(f): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oluwatola5: Kinda stressful but am sorting tinz out already
ok....dats gudt
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fynestboi: chaii c wetin ASUU don do to the guy so bad.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
My son u are talkng 2 my course mate ooo. Show some respect.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 3:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tosdam:

It is neither oxymoron nor antithesis.

Oxymoron is the use of opposite word side by side for example: 1. My experience in japan was a bittersweet.. 2. Oluwatola is honestly dishonest. Hope u get dat.

while antithesis is the use of opposite word in the same statement, for example: 1. Many are called but few are chosen, 2. "Once bitten, twice shy ".

And Epigram involve both antithesis and paradox; paradox in the sense that it is contradictory, sound untrue but it is true. For example: "The more you look, the less you see" two things is involve as u can see, antithesis "more" and less in the same sentence not side by side, 2. Paradox, how come will u look more and see less but literally it is true. Example 2, He who will save his life must first lose it.

Now let come to the question "I BLAME THE CHILDREN, I DON'T BLAME THE CHILDREN" this is not a direct opposite word, but will know it is opposite, we have antithesis and @ the same time that word is contradictory; "how u blame someone @ first and u didn't blame them again; that show the children are not to be blame for their act because some factor led to their act.

The correct answer here is EPIGRAM
[b]ogbeni, thanks for ur tardy explanation, am impressed sir, ehm, the figure of speech used there is ANTITHESIS and I can gladly argue with you on that till dusk. Antithetic statements or words needn't necessary being on the same line, in fact, antithesis has the power to show its worth twixt two stanzas or more, as the case may be, depending on the style applied by the writer/poet/poetess e.g go and re-read in the navel of the soul, you will get to some line where you will see or read as thus; 'Things undone
Things done' something like that sha. Go and try and explore wherever the figure of speech given to that. Another example I could concorct now is: "This is really why we wanted to weewee
This isn't really why we wanted to weewee."

Oxymoron is completely outta it, so need to waste much energy on that but an example of it is: These are the 'LIVING DEADS' I was talking to you about...

Epigram is a short witty saying and nothing more. It similarises with ana or bon mot. A short witty saying, brief enough to be remembered swiftly when needed e.g more haste less speed etc[/b]
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tosdam:

It is neither oxymoron nor antithesis.

Oxymoron is the use of opposite word side by side for example: 1. My experience in japan was a bittersweet.. 2. Oluwatola is honestly dishonest. Hope u get dat.

while antithesis is the use of opposite word in the same statement, for example: 1. Many are called but few are chosen, 2. "Once bitten, twice shy ".

And Epigram involve both antithesis and paradox; paradox in the sense that it is contradictory, sound untrue but it is true. For example: "The more you look, the less you see" two things is involve as u can see, antithesis "more" and less in the same sentence not side by side, 2. Paradox, how come will u look more and see less but literally it is true. Example 2, He who will save his life must first lose it.

Now let come to the question "I BLAME THE CHILDREN, I DON'T BLAME THE CHILDREN" this is not a direct opposite word, but will know it is opposite, we have antithesis and @ the same time that word is contradictory; "how u blame someone @ first and u didn't blame them again; that show the children are not to be blame for their act because some factor led to their act.

The correct answer here is EPIGRAM
[b]ogbeni, thanks for ur tardy explanation, am impressed sir, ehm, the figure of speech used there is ANTITHESIS and I can gladly argue with you on that till dusk. Antithetic statements or words needn't necessary being on the same line, in fact, antithesis has the power to show its worth twixt two stanzas or more, as the case may be, depending on the style applied by the writer/poet/poetess e.g go and re-read in the navel of the soul, you will get to some line where you will see or read as thus; 'Things undone
Things done' something like that sha. Go and try and explore wherever the figure of speech given to that. Another example I could concorct now is: "This is really why we wanted to weewee

Oxymoron is completely outta it, so need to waste much energy on that but an example of it is: This are the 'LIVING DEADS' I was talking to you about...

Epigram is a short witty saying and nothing more. It similarises with ana or bon mot. A short witty saying, brief enough to be remember swiftly when needed e.g more haste less speed etc[/b]
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Fynestboi: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oluwatola5: My son u are talkng 2 my course mate ooo. Show javascript:void(0);some respect.
course mate embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed ehya i don 4get ema binu mami.......... cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Fynestboi: 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Jodekss: [b]ogbeni, thanks for ur tardy explanation, am impressed sir, ehm, the figure of speech used there is ANTITHESIS and I can gladly argue with you on that till dusk. Antithetic statements or words needn't necessary being on the same line, in fact, antithesis has the power to show its worth twixt two stanzas or more, as the case may be, depending on the style applied by the writer/poet/poetess e.g go and re-read in the navel of the soul, you will get to some line where you will see or read as thus; 'Things undone
Things done' something like that sha. Go and try and explore wherever the figure of speech given to that. Another example I could concorct now is: "This is really why wanted to weewee
This isn't really why wanted to weewee."

Oxymoron is completely outta it, so need to waste much energy on that but an example of it is: This are the 'LIVING DEADS' I was talking to you about...

Epigram is a short witty saying and nothing more. It similarises with ana or bon mot. A short witty saying, brief enough to be remember swiftly when needed e.g more haste less speed etc[/b]
chaii you get time ooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

well na your poem e be like say we go start literary question for here abi wetin you think
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tIce(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ehhhh....ehhhh diz thread don dey carry keke napep ohhhh......
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fynestboi: chaii you get time ooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

well na your poem e be like say we go start literary question for here abi wetin you think
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

cool cool cool cool cool
lol, seriously, i no get tym o, i haven't bath since morny self, ileiwe ya kia, i am smelling... No tym to waste tym jae grin , but it is gud to find tym to correct ourselves, dat's one of d d merits of ONE LOVE...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Tosdam(m): 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2013

epigram means A pithy saying or remark expressing an idea in a clever and amusing way

Yes fynestboy, a handy resources is here. Do u have mastery literature volume 3... Turn to page 12 n see the definition for Epigram..

Look out, this is wat i i ve here: Epigram: is a figure which involves both antithesis and paradox and is always pointed,concise, amusing, short, witty,emphatic and contains some proverbial wisdom, sometimes involving an apparent contradiction and used to express idea in a memorable and brief manner. E.G 1. The more you look, the less you see E.g 2, He who will save his life must first lose it. E.G 3. The child is the father of the man, which means that the child will take card of the father when the father is old and tired. E.G 4. He who laughs last, laughs best.

And this word you are seeing here is not only opposite but also contradictory.

If in an exam u have..
A. Oxymoron
B. Antithesis
C. Irony
D. Sarcasm

u go for B. Antithesis, because u have two opposite word in a sentence. Mostly question like this don't come with the option antithesis and epigram.

To quote me wrong turn to that page n check, let clarify things here....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Fynestboi: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Jodekss: lol, seriously, i no get tym o, i haven't bath since morny self, ileiwe ya kia, i am smelling... No tym to waste tym jae grin , but it is gud to find tym to correct ourselves, dat's one of d d merits of ONE LOVE...
no wonda i dey perceive that smell for your body through the post u just post naw #cover nose#
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by dokdave(m): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
paul197: same hr....wats ur final pd score
74....nd urs?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Kejilee(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Passin byy

Strike #82days Guy assuu strike 2 be suspended next week

Jodekss: [b]ogbeni, thanks for ur tardy explanation, am impressed sir, ehm, the figure of speech used there is ANTITHESIS and I can gladly argue with you on that till dusk. Antithetic statements or words needn't necessary being on the same line, in fact, antithesis has the power to show its worth twixt two stanzas or more, as the case may be, depending on the style applied by the writer/poet/poetess e.g go and re-read in the navel of the soul, you will get to some line where you will see or read as thus; 'Things undone

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Olastep1(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
If you're not here... Then you're missing alot.

But wait o o o

#angry face

so, nobody has offered me gflakes....?

#walks away
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tIce(m): 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tosdam:

Yes fynestboy, a handy resources is here. Do u have mastery literature volume 3... Turn to page 12 n see the definition for Epigram..

Look out, this is wat i i ve here: Epigram: is a figure which involves both antithesis and paradox and is always pointed,concise, amusing, short, witty,emphatic and contains some proverbial wisdom, sometimes involving an apparent contradiction and used to express idea in a memorable and brief manner. E.G 1. The more you look, the less you see E.g 2, He who will save his life must first lose it. E.G 3. The child is the father of the man, which means that the child will take card of the father when the father is old and tired. E.G 4. He who laughs last, laughs best.

If in an exam u have..
A. Oxymoron
B. Antithesis
C. Irony
D. Sarcasm

u go for B. Antithesis, because u have two opposite word in a sentence. Mostly question like this don't come with the option antithesis and epigram.

yeeeee ah cant believe say rat don chop my mastery sha..........buh it lies btw epigram nd antithesis buh i tink antithesis suits it most
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Fynestboi: 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tosdam:

If in an exam u have..
A. Oxymoron
B. Antithesis
C. Irony
D. Sarcasm

chai cant remeber the last time i open that book but i rememba say the thin dey inside the box i lock am put........ tongue tongue tongue

oga to further back up my point that same mastery go check IN THE NAVEL OF SOUL ABI SOUL OF NAVEL moti gbagbe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you would found an example there......
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Oluwatola5(f): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fynestboi: course mate embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed ehya i don 4get ema binu mami.......... cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin
Kare, omo lu abi.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by WorldGreatest1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
Olastep1: yeah... I tried posting it on my andriod bt it was rejecting my text. Error tinx. Mayb cos it was too long. So, i used my laptop. I hope it displays well...?
Thanks Bro
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tIce(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fynestboi: chai cant remeber the last time i open that book but i rememba say the thin dey inside the box i lock am put........ tongue tongue tongue

oga to further back up my point that same mastery go check IN THE NAVEL OF SOUL ABI SOUL OF NAVEL moti gbagbe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

naxo ooo i don found am sha pg 81 mastery of lit ANTITHESIS 100% correct
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oluwatola5: Yh, it is witty and usually short.
u are so very rice
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tIce(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fynestboi: chai cant remeber the last time i open that book but i rememba say the thin dey inside the box i lock am put........ tongue tongue tongue

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Tosdam(m): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Fynestboi: chaii c wetin ASUU don do to the guy so bad.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

U really disappointed me with ur reply here, we should learn how to handle post with humility because no one is island of knowledge.

If am not to be quoted wrong, this thread is created to share ideas that seem abstruse inorder to know the obvious fact....

When u coin words, do it with mature mind, who you are refering to is not a baby. Remember "RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL"...

Being a moderator here doesn't give u the audacity to feel u are on top of the world & use anyhow statement on anybody

Go back to ur literature thread u will see a question like this being posted by me, that was "THE CHILD IS THE FATHER OF THE MAN" This is paradox and u can still find it under epigram...

Antithesis and paradox are extracted from epigram...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by paul197(m): 4:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
dokdave: 74....nd urs?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2013

one of my ogas for L.I.T don talk am o. Barr. Phtemi and Samtolly should add more ooooo.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emmyeuler1: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
if we begin gist chemistry and physics here, make una no vex oooo
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Harrisonn(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
emmyeuler1: if we begin gist chemistry and physics here, make una no vex oooo

Be like say we go soon start our own.. tongue tongue tongue

cool cool cool
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Fynestboi: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tosdam:

U really disappointed me with ur reply here, we should learn how to handle post with humility because no one is island of knowledge.

If am not to be quoted wrong, this thread is created to share ideas that seem abstruse inorder to know the obvious fact....

When u coin words, do it with mature mind, who you are refering to is not a baby. Remember "RESPECT IS RECIPROCAL"...

Being a moderator here doesn't give u the audacity to feel u are on top of the world & use anyhow statement on anybody

Go back to ur literature thread u will see a question like this being posted by me, that was "THE CHILD IS THE FATHER OF THE MAN" This is paradox and u can still find it under epigram...

Antithesis and paradox are extracted from epigram...
HABA
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
HABA
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
habatically

are you new here?

you should kwn that s how a play mai own joke neva meant to pass to you any jibe ooo oga if you vex abegi no vex ejebure awo olugbebe

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (718) (Reply)

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.