Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: - Education (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: (621738 Views)

Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by jaryeh(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Solexy96: I no like travel on saturdays ni, and i wan settle before lectures. sunday is too close joor.
All is well bro, God will see us grin

Ehn ehn, if you don reach make you go copy better timetable down o. Ah no know where ah fling that first one put. Them go don change am sef.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Solexy96(m): 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
jaryeh:
All is well bro, God will see us grin

Ehn ehn, if you don reach make you go copy better timetable down o. Ah no know where ah fling that first one put. Them go don change am sef.
I still get dat old one but i go branch check for updated one when i land.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by jaryeh(m): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
Solexy96: I still get dat old one but i go branch check for updated one when i land.

You you geh mouth na. You be sure guy. No tell anybody o.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tosdam: Oga Papindinho and the host of others I hail thee. Hope u guys are damn ready to face the touch days ahead cos going by the new approved calendar it will be tensed even for those who ve been reading at home. We all know we've been given enough holiday to play, read, chat, joke, travel and do all in jazz... So, Oau is telling u boldly in block letter that "NO EXCUSES FOR FAILURE"... Reading @home can not be compared to reading on campus. Hence, get ur mind alert now.

The whistle has been blown, get ur mind prepare, arrange ur books and other materials in ur yahoo bag. Get a big ghana-must-go to pack more foods and head for the journey of ur life. This is not the time to play "aro", schedule ur time and make sure u manage it.

From the bottom of my mind, I wish all of us a successful semester and best end result.....
nice one boss... Much appreciated.

Jodekss: you be case o.

ComradeKenny: u be boss na..

Jaryeh: Howfar na?

Solexy96: longest time oga..

Tom111: ogbeni, na where u hide all this while na?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tom111(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
papindinho: nice one boss... Much appreciated.

I jus wan do bojuboju small ni jawe,but u don catch me,how tinx na
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
tom111: I jus wan do bojuboju small ni jawe,but u don catch me,how tinx na
things dey go well o. All thanks to God. How your side?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
tom111: I jus wan do bojuboju small ni jawe,but u don catch me,how tinx na
things dey go well o. All thanks to God.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Qualcoms(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
ICT TRAINING FOR FRESH STUDENTS

The pivotal role of the university in producing the levels of
human capital required for countries to succeed in the
globalised ‘information economy’ has been expressed in terms
of higher education’s ability to provide the labour market with
information-aware and information-adept graduates.
Developments in multimedia, increased communications and
other ICT innovations are obviously key components of the
information economy. Thus, it is imperative for the Obafemi
Awolowo University that prides itself as the leading ICT
University in Nigeria to empower her students.

The ICT training for fresh undergraduate students aims to
impart basic ICT skill into the students right from the onset of
their educational career in OAU. New ICT initiatives are being
introduced to the University. These include: student e-mail
services, smart classrooms, multimedia driven lecture delivery,
intra-university voice communication ‘Keedu’, increasing online
engagement, course registration, TCC project, e-assessment,
inter-university online collaboration (OAU and Unilag) and
techno-preneurship. These are in addition to various existing
services such as online meetings and interviews via
telepresence and videoconference, advanced search, e-library,
internet access etc.

These services require basic ICT skill to navigate and derive
maximum benefit. The purpose of this training is therefore to
educate the newly admitted students on Information and
Communication Technology (ICT) as they will continue to apply
the skills acquired from the training throughout their stay in
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) and after their first degree
education. The training attracts its own ‘Certificate of
Participation’ therefore eliminating the need for the students
to patronise road side computer schools after graduation in
desperate search for certificate of computer training which
today is a pre-requisite for job placement in most
organisations.

The first batch of the training commences this session. Fresh
undergraduate students are advised to download the
timetable for the training here.
http://www.oauife.edu.ng/2014/08/timetable-for-ict-training-for-fresh-undergraduate-students/
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Qualcoms(m): 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
This one wey OAU wan give us ICT Training with certificate...shey na our money dey talk ni abi na d beginning of a new era...? House make una yearn wetin u see for diz...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Comradekenny(m): 8:57pm On Aug 19, 2014

Baba Papin i c u ooooooh,No shaking by Gods grace we'll c on campus
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by jaryeh(m): 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2014

Oga mi, ah just dey house o. Na Sunday thingz me dey warm up for.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2014

ah dey your service o my boss... Whilst at home, I traveled, play, see cool cartoons -hd n' 3d, listen to batches of tracks write like on daily basis, but 'read' ah read natin...jare... I wan safe all the readings till ah don't know...

Ya, lemme take this time out to tip in this tit-bit, on that campus, try and understand your own very method of readin', studin', searchin' n' or researchin'... Don't copy e.g oluwatola5 etc cos she studies only just in the daylight whilst you are good at studing at night or burning the mid-night candle, try and understand past all day reading or studing,... Understand each lecturer or professor and a good percentage of the topics they teach, don't vex 'em o... But pray for God's grace much more than any of these, only God can surprise one on that campus, brilliancy and all that can't really... These are little of the things my friends and post graduate friends on that campus had told me... Sincerely yours... wink

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Harrisonn(m): 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Shori: There is really no difference,It's like ''grouping''. Let's say 1500+ students are taking CHM101 and the lecture theatre the students will be using is the 1000SLT which can't accommodate all the students at a go. The students will be grouped into ''A'' and ''B''. Those in group A will have their class when CHM101 A is on and vice-versa. It's the same for PHY,MTH and other courses with ''A'' and ''B'',they'll be teaching the same thing in both classes.

Thanx bro
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Harrisonn(m): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Leitner:
It's most probably a typo.

CHM101 is CHM101. The only place you will see A or B added to the back is on a timetable and this usually means a large number of people are offering that course and coz of that,the lecture period has been divide into 2 groups: A and B. Meaning half of the class(maybe pple with surnames from A-M) will attend CHM101A(usually earlier in the day) and the remaining half(N-O) will attend CHM101B(usually Later in the day)

Although the truth is most people don't follow the structured pattern and always prefer to attend the group's lecture that take place earlier in the day(so that they will be quickly true with their daily lectures) while some will even attend the two coz they came late for the first one,didn't come. @ all or didn't concentrate in the first class. Coz of this,there is always overcrowding.

Again,if you saw what you wrote up there anywhere else apart from on the timetable,just discard it; it's prolly a typo.

Thanks allot bro.. i really appreciate..
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Ghydyon(m): 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
Qualcoms: This one wey OAU wan give us ICT Training with certificate...shey na our money dey talk ni abi na d beginning of a new era...? House make una yearn wetin u see for diz...
its free bro, i guess its a way of paying us back from our excessive school fees just the way unilorin paid back to their freshers for the increase in fee by supplying tablets to them
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 11:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ghydyon: its free bro, i guess its a way of paying us back from our excessive school fees just the way unilorin paid back to their freshers for the increase in fee by supplying tablets to them

talk true say na because of skul increament they introduce this new development? tongue

Papidinho: A Brother in the faculty of Adminstration, if I talk say I noe see your post na pure lie. You are sighted oh
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by icelord(m): 11:05am On Aug 20, 2014
Ghydyon: its free bro, i guess its a way of paying us back from our excessive school fees just the way unilorin paid back to their freshers for the increase in fee by supplying tablets to them
I no want ICT training, na tablet I want
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Sally18: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Great Ife be warned!
As we prepare for resumption, we must all
know that it is not impossible for us to return
home quick. You are surprise? Oh! You want
to ask why? Basically because of Ebola Virus
Disease amid other reasons.
If care is not taken we will be sent home not
by the school management but by the Federal
Government because of EVD. We have not
resumed fully and students have started
creating panic about Ebola on campus. Why?
You must realise that any rumour about EVD
on OAU campus can easily be believed by
any one because of the massive presence of
bats, which is believed to be one of the
major carriers of EVD.
Most of us may think the federal government
is not taking the issue serious but
occurrences have shown that EVD is not a
child's play. If FG can ask all primary and
Secondary Schools not to resume because of
EVD, what ll take it to indefinitely shut down
OAU. It won't be easy to reopen if closed by
FG at all..the conditions for reopening will
definitely be stiffer.
Let us be very careful with the kind of jokes
we crack, kind of things we post, confirm
every rumour before spreading it; we need to
graduate on time; the image of OAU must be
our concern. Or how will you feel to read/
listen/watch on national newspapers/Radio/
TV that 'Federal Government closes OAU over
Ebola'?... Please let us be careful.
Please use the SHARE button to Re-broadcast
if you care about graduating on time and
saving OAU's image
By Sodiq Oyeleke. Sodiq is a Media,
Human Resources and Public Relations
Practitioner.
Another OAU Shut Down Beckons: We may
return home soon
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Solexy96(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2014

Boss, i just dey hibernate 4 house ni joor. Na d newz of resumption activate my internet accessibility. When u dey go school?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Solexy96(m): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
jaryeh:

You you geh mouth na. You be sure guy. No tell anybody o.
Oga ooo, why u dey whyne me na... shebi na u teach me.... I dey follow push u 4 back.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by akindele487(m): 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Olusanya333: if its sept 9 hw do we go about registration?
u will do ur reg. for a week
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Olusanya333(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
akindele487:
u will do ur reg. for a week
Owk tankx
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Ghydyon(m): 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
icelord: I no want ICT training, na tablet I want
tif, ole...tablet ko capsule ni
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nimk(f): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
@papi nice 1 grin
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Solexy96:
Boss, i just dey hibernate 4 house ni joor. Na d newz of resumption activate my internet accessibility. When u dey go school?
hehehehe... Hopefully Sunday if my order gets sorted....

Emekakelvin: boss na you o...

Nimk: sweerie me... Just prepare well for resumption o cause u wld do the cookings

Sally18: nice one...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nimk(f): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
papindinho: hehehehe... Hopefully Sunday if my order gets sorted....

Emekakelvin: boss na you o...

Nimk: sweerie me... Just prepare well for resumption o cause u wld do the cookings

Sally18: nice one...

no p just make sure to bring ur own plate lool
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Sirmikky1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
Greetinz to every1 on this thread....Hope you're all set for the task ahead?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Qualcoms(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Information reaching me have it that, Fresher School Fees still stand...no reduction and for the Stallite...returning students, a reduction of #3000 naira is made, only for Technology and Medical...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Cymbal: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
NEW DEADLINE FOR LATE REGISTRATION.

Late registration will now be activated on Friday,AUGUST 29,2014.

SOURCE:E-PORTAL
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by icelord(m): 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
I hear say one guy for awo done catch Ebola
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by icelord(m): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nimk:

no p just make sure to bring ur own plate lool
una dey share food? grin
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 21, 2014
This one that all you are scaring yourselves aforehand, if we con read mid-semester nko? The calendar is just too normal to me. No be PHY nd CHEM we go dey do, abi who wan start HISTOLOGY straight? Only that YeYe ZOOLOGY bothers me.
#TeamAin'tGatNoWorries

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (718) (Reply)

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.