Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods (30664 Views)

World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal / The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by ckkris: 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nigeria should therefore begin to import foods recommended by these brilliant SCIENTISTS. Four thousand years of history could not be wiped away so easily.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by elbinmanny(m): 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
No do make I invoke the spirits of the ancestors of team GARRI on you o shockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by ckkris: 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
They also claim that Palm Oil de cause cancer, until Prof Douglas of UNICAL proved otherwise. Oyibo need money pass us. If possible them for pack all and sand and all used from Africa.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by Sijo01(f): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
So, we should stop eating garri angry angry angry
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by donsax: 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
victorazy:

So u never knew all these years aunt that cassava is poisonous? just harvest it, cook it and eat it like yam, if u wake up the next day thanks God.
You must be hallucinating!!!! What is there in eating cassava like yam...cassava that hausa people cook like yam and eat with yaajjji(rogo de yaajji) and wakes up next day stronger!!
No matter the condemnation nobody can stop me eating eba and akpu of mamaa chidima and still soak garri with cold chill water and roasted cashew nut...mtchhewww

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by smakati(m): 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
~vicky~:
[color=#006600]1.Cassava
Cassava is something of a staple food in countries including Africa and South America, but it is anything but bland. It is commonly used to make flours and breads, as well as American favourite tapioca pudding. However, if the shrub is prepared incorrectly it is able to produce cyanide - a poison that will harm any human that tries to consume it. This could result in partial paralysis and even death, depending on how much is ingested. In addition to this risk, the plant causes allergic reactions in some people, with experts warning that those with a latex rubber allergy may be more susceptible.

Finally, a thread that will most definitely affect the price of garri
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by delors(m): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
So na wetin make we come dey chop now? Stone with sea water? Yeye list...cassava wey I don dey take since my mama born me...I still strong kakaraka like Bagco super sack...

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by agitator: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
Not all varieties of cassava are dangerous when boiled and eaten like yam.
The dangerous variety has green colored leaf stem.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by Originalsly: 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
agitator: Not all varieties of cassava are dangerous when boiled and eaten like yam.
The dangerous variety has green colored leaf stem.
Thank you!... hope people get off the panic button. .... and I learned that cassava has something in it that prevents the development of sickle cell. I want to believe that is true because since sickle cell affects Blacks it should be most prevalent in Africa and Brazil and not the US.So I'm reasoning that Blacks in the US are not cassava eaters so the reason for so many sickle cell people.Long live cassava...long live garri!
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by zannie(f): 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pls properly processed cassava (tapioca, akpu, garri, abacha, woteva) is not harmful. Dat is why the cassava has to undergo proper fermentation to be edible. Nobody in his correct senses wud eat cassava tubers in their unprocessed state. Unless u wan mk cyanide finish u
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Only the octupus Should be in the list.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by harlos: 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
No just carry that one about cassava come meet me, if it is true how come i still dey alive Tell me.
See i dey chop eba,amala,bread,especially garri OMG i dey drink am die.

And still i strong pass caterpillar sef.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by Dawdy(m): 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Anaskie: OMG! Cassava is poisonous?? If word of this gets out, it will surely affect the price of garri in the market!
Abio! Solution for the price of garri at last. grin
Anaskie: OMG! Cassava is poisonous?? If word of this gets out, it will surely affect the price of garri in the market!
Abio! Solution for the price of garri at last.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by JamesLucia: 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote
author=victorazy]

So u never knew all these years aunt that cassava is poisonous? just

i have eaten boiled cassava so many times oh i enjoy it with plumb- pear. am still alive o
harvest it, cook it and eat it like yam, if u wake up the next day
thanks God.[/quote]
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by UyiIredia(m): 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
I agree with the list except for hotdog. It's apparently a danger to children only but what's in consideration are foods that endanger all age groups.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by nusirat(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
When what you don't know can kill, where is my Gaari and kulikuli o jare, what I have been taken for over 27 year, it is now they know he can kill
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by drsolob(m): 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
So you better keep shut about it.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by vosquare: 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=Mr. 1234][color=#000099]except cassava and coffee to an extent.. Nothing do we nigerians

yes oooo, dey wn barn 9ja 4rm drinkin garri
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by tyson99(m): 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
nusirat: When what you don't know can kill, where is my Gaari and kulikuli o jare, what I have been taken for over 27 year, it is now they know he can kill

Garri na man?...dis ur grammar sef fit kill person*lmfao*
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
zannie: Pls properly processed cassava (tapioca, akpu, garri, abacha, woteva) is not harmful. Dat is why the cassava has to undergo proper fermentation to be edible. Nobody in his correct senses wud eat cassava tubers in their unprocessed state. Unless u wan mk cyanide finish u
u can eat the sweet variety and nothing will happen. People have been eating cassava that way for years. Have u heard of bobozi?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by OCcool: 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
Gombs:

Did u miss ur afternoon medication?

Abi u drank garri with engine oil?

Abi Alomo n spoilt beans?
Abeg u 2 dry joor

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by OCcool: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
donsax:
You must be hallucinating!!!! What is there in eating cassava like yam...cassava that hausa people cook like yam and eat with yaajjji(rogo de yaajji) and wakes up next day stronger!!
No matter the condemnation nobody can stop me eating eba and akpu of mamaa chidima and still soak garri with cold chill water and roasted cashew nut...mtchhewww
Guy, na so u broke reach? Hia !!!
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by truelovecom: 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
victorazy:

So u never knew all these years aunt that cassava is poisonous? just harvest it, cook it and eat it like yam, if u wake up the next day thanks God.

But my hausa brothers dey chop raw cassava
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by tashanja(m): 10:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
OP: forgot to include the most deadliest of them all, FUGU, Japanese sushi (raw fish dish) made from the fuffer or globe fish. The eggs, skin & liver contain a deadly poison, tetrodotoxin, which cannot be destroyed by cooking or freezing and has no antidote.
It is so dangerous (attacking the central nervus system) that only licensed chefs in Japan are allowed to prepare it.

Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by Okworigeorge(m): 12:25am On Jan 22, 2013
tashanja: OP: forgot to include the most deadliest of them all, FUGU, Japanese sushi (raw fish dish) made from the fuffer or globe fish. The eggs, skin & liver contain a deadly poison, tetrodotoxin, which cannot be destroyed by cooking or freezing and has no antidote.
It is so dangerous (attacking the central nervus system) that only licensed chefs in Japan are allowed to prepare it.

in a word, SUICIDAL
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by manny4life(m): 1:33am On Jan 22, 2013
Regiblinkz: who would eat a raw octopus..koreans are weird oo

I've tried that before...
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by tombeh(m): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2013
Pls i don't see cassava as a dangerious food o
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by harlos: 6:59am On Jan 22, 2013
tombeh: Pls i don't see cassava as a dangerious food o
no mater how much they try to convince me on that, i won't change my mind cos its already running in my blood.
Re: Pictures Of The World’s Most Dangerous Foods by lekkie073(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2013
victorazy:

from where u get this? been eating boiled cassava for ages and still waking up. or am i immortal ? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much will You Buy This Kpomo In Your Area? / How To Prepare Chicken Currry Sauce (Ingredient, Pictures) / How To Make Doya Da Kwia, A Northern Nigerian Street Food (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.