Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,382 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya (6600 Views)

The Shortlisted Candidates For The FBN Graduate Trainee Test, Pls Lets Meet Here / FBN Group Calling? / VIRTUAL HUMAN RESOURCES RECRUITING. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by JackDaniels1: 11:43am On Jan 21, 2013
OPEN LETTER TO FIRST BANK HUMAN CAPITAL AND MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT(FBN) HUMAN RESOURCES? ATTN:BISI ONASANYA.
Good day my fellow NAIRALANDERS,i write with utmost dismay,the various recruitment processes embarked upon by the so called FIRST BANK OF THE COUNTRY.I have come to the conclusion that the bank's human resources department should be declared UNPROFESSIONAL.How can they explain the recruitment process that takes as long as ever and also conduct interviews when actually u dont need new hands.They keep on denying theironline strategic recruitment that it did not emanate from them.
To take the claim as they profess to be number one Bank in the country,part of what sent the likes of Akingbola away(INTERCONTINENTAL BANK)guess being scared of stiff competition,they need to improve seriously on their recruitment process.To call and make enquiry about your recruitment status with them is moreclikeca suicidal mission as you will be greeted by unhappy or overwhelmed HR person.If not for SANUSI,i am sure 80% of people seeking employmentvtherecwill never do.
This is a clarion call to FBN,its either you hasten your recruitment processess or recruit professionals,well this may take forever,better still,learn from GTBank,Diamond and UBA how fast recruitment can be.I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by ifyalways(f): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
How do you know they actually don't need as much as they advertise?
How long is too long ie how long does their recruitment process take as compared with others ?
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
i hear they only recruit their own people mostly in the west. Those in the East always act as middle management and their own on top of them as boss. :
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by kokosheen(m): 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2013
Keneking: i hear they only recruit their own people mostly in the west. Those in the East always act as middle management and their own on top of them as boss. :

Have you been to Diamond, Zenith & Fidelity Banks cheesy... Dude, this happens in Naija unfortunately sad

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
This space is not for sale, beware of 419.

@topic, FBN answer this man immediately!!!!!
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
kokosheen:

Have you been to Diamond, Zenith & Fidelity Banks cheesy... Dude, this happens in Naija unfortunately sad

That is understandable for these banks, however, FBN is just like this and pathetic! Ndin gbati gbatiii
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by kokosheen(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
Keneking:

That is understandable for these banks, however, FBN is just like this and pathetic! Ndin gbati gbatiii

I don't understand what you meant by it being ok for some banks to practice tribalism but not for one in particular! By the way, I'm in no way justifying this act as its one of the cancers killing this country.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by Adesiji77: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
Keneking:

Why should it be understandable for them i.e. DB, ZIB and Fidelity?
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by SlyIg(f): 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hope you know top politicians in the country before raising an alarm over the issue. Without knowing any minister, accountant general and other top officials,then no need of waiting and hoping.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by dridowu: 10:41am On Jan 22, 2013
Keneking: i hear they only recruit their own people mostly in the west. Those in the East always act as middle management and their own on top of them as boss. :
all ds i hear pple............think b4 post

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Are you really a Nigerian...think before you post.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by JackDaniels1: 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
First bank of Nigeria plc,ppls what exactly is your human resources department doing ova our prolonged recruitment process?na una be only bank?
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by anticent(m): 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
I actually thought this thread will be written in a thought provoking manner addressing cogent issues.Alas,it was simply a cry from an anxious unemployed Nigerian.FBN is not the only company that delays in recruitment so be patient.Even international companies delay.To an anxious applicant,it's a delay.To the company,just the time needed for sorting and selection of right candidates to be shortlisted.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by otokx(m): 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
@op

your essay has given you away as a half baked graduate, kindly go back to the university and retake courses in English and GES.
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by 234GT(m): 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Frustration!
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by point45(m): 7:02am On Feb 22, 2013
Cmon ppl, don't play psycho-politics here by attacking the structure of his essay. Deal with the points raised. So question is: are these allegations based on the truth? If yes, then we all owe it to first bank to help them grow thru our sincere opinion. I know international companies delay,so wait, that justifies it? What's bad is bad. Someone is talking about not even being able to get proper feedback and you call him frustrated. Somehow I suspect that u guys are the first bank staff involved. And dat dude claiming tribal conspiracy, oh pls just shut it.That's a daft thing to say
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by Engineer1985(m): 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
Hmmmm....graduates dey vex oooo
Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by stupor(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
The guy is right ! Any prospective job applicant deserves the right to know the time span and delayed procedures when seeking employment,its an Employabity right under human capital exponientials.

Its extremely unfair for anyone terming the OP as being frustrated or jobless.

I pray you won't find yourselves in his shoes.

Always show compassion and stop battering the dude unjustly,you could make him more frustrated!

Or would you guys like to see a young educated man stop you on the streets to beg for alms or more drastically,seeing a group of well dressed gentlemen without paid job,point guns at you or hold you to. Ransom for their being jobless and frustrated to the extreme because of some your harsh and unfriendly comments ?

Be compassionate at other people's plight and situations.

You might just find yourself too in that gory cobwebs of frustration.

Make others happy even when you can't help.

Finally,First bank and a few others are fond of this shabby attitudes.regards to First bank though,but please FBN H.R kindly checkmate your H.R personnel too,let your candidates get clear feedbacks and memorandum irrespective of the job seeker's level.

3months job recruitment time span is actually unprofessional not to mention 6months or even a year.

Let's encourage job seekers ! Some mothers and families do have them.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To First Bank (FBN) Human Resources Dept. Attention: Bisi Onasanya by wonda26(m): 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
My people, i know person wey write Fidelity exam and go interview in a year. After 1 year six months, na em dey call my guy o to come collect &sign employment letter o, bring guarantors, and report for training for Lagos (another state) within a week! shocked Diz na Person wey don 4get say him write their test sef! Person wey don suffer raise capital start up him own business! So U see say the tin na evrywhr.. And believe me peeps, waznt a funny experience...My guy confuse na.. Naija na wa oooooooo

(1) (Reply)

Tyonex Nigeria Ltd Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair / NIMASA Carrying Out Secret Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.