Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know (23434 Views)

Some Interesting Facts We Probably Dont Know About Christmas. / Some Interesting Facts To Know About The Year 2016 / Single? Some Interesting Facts, Photos That Will Make Us Feel So Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by mysticgal(f): 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
why the cervix must be streched for a baby to come out
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by pendusky(m): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
wow!
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by youngdee168(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
Amazing facts really, nice one.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
A great post bro.

But I think you have to cross-check this

"Killer whales kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark’s stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode."

what happens is that when killer whale torpedo into a shark, it flips the shark belly up. Shark are know to go into "coma-kind" state when they are belly up, this gives the killer whale the opportunity to tear into the lifeless body of the shark.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by JojoArmani(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
OMG.... See facts. Dis male mosquito own got me thinkin. Meaning all dis mosquito way dey bite na female.

Den female mosquito plenty pass male mosquitos as girls plenty pass boys.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by yuzedo: 3:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Interesting...

Can doctors in the house tell us why sharks are immune to any kind of sickness...is it not possible for humans to be injected with shark genes so that humans will be immune too making the cure of aids redundant.
If dem say you go get shark teeth join, u go take the injection? grin tongue
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Thanks for the thread OP! I love topics that talk about uncommon facts smiley
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by samwash(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ants never sleep. Also they don’t have lungs. Worker ants may live seven years and the queen may live as long as 15 years.

Horses and cows sleep while standing up.

The horn of a rhinoceros is made from compacted hair rather than bone or another substance.

Despite the white, fluffy appearance of Polar Bears fur, it actually has black skin

For every human in the world there are one million ants.

For every person there are rougly 200 million insects.

Killer whales are not whales at all, rather a species of dolphin.

A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length. It then grows inside its mother’s bag.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Mikebrown(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
zangiff: cockroach can live more than 2hrs even when the head is cut off..... Na confirm fact.
no need to cut d head nau.... jst match d guy 1 tym
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Winners72(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
This is one of the best collections on this site. Perfect I must say.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by HAH: 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Moderators this is the kind of topic we need on the front page not TONTO DIKE & co

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
tlaret24:
The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.
Lucky (tasty) animal sad
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Revolva(m): 3:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
How does a baby comes out the mother vagina...that size of a new born baby passin through a womanliness!!! Na wa o wider weider !!! Wider haha
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Geniustic(m): 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okoro2015:
Nice Collection.

I disagree on the one that says bats are the only mammals that can fly. Where do you place flying squirell (Oghuru in Igbo Language)?
dats nt flying, d squirrel hops 4rm branch 2 branch, 'flying' has 2 do wit long distances.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by adexsimply(m): 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
tlaret24:

Rats breed so quickly that in just 18 months, 2 rats could have created over 1 million relatives."DANGER"

A bee must visit 4,000 flowers in order to make one tablespoon of honey. cry

Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale. The heart of a blue whale is the size of a small car."JESUS CHRIST!!!!"

When a dolphin is sick or injured, its cries of distress summon immediate aid from other dolphins, who try to support it to the surface so that it can breathe. "ROMANTIC"
A snail can sleep for 3 years."LAZY-BONE..sorry! I mean LAZY-BONELESS"
The leech has 32 brains."wat a waste? a friend of mine ve just half"
Sharks are the only animals that never get sick. They are immune to every type of disease including cancer."I ENVY UNA O"

The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its head enables it to see all four feet at all times." shockedshocked shocked shocked shocked shocked"

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2013
Fact: Bees that produce milk are called "Boobees"

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Trey195(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
@OP Cool facts. Here's more:
Elephants can smell water 3 miles away.
Snails can grow new eyes. A snail only mates once in a lifetime.
Oysters can change from one gender to another and back again depending on which is best for mating. Many fish can change s.ex during the course of their lives. Others, especially rare deep-sea fish, have both male and female s.ex organs.
We humans share 98.4% of our DNA with a chimpanzee.
A pig's horgazim (or releasing; modified coz of mods) can last up to 30 minutes.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Geniustic(m): 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2013
J12: Fact: Bees that produce milk are called "Boobees"
wow!
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
Very nice facts.

My fave is the dolphin and its distress call.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Symphony007: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
The most intelligent humans "genius" use less than 10% of their brain in their lifetime.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okoro2015:
Nice Collection.

I disagree on the one that says bats are the only mammals that can fly. Where do you place flying squirell (Oghuru in Igbo Language)?
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by seunajia: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
J12: Fact: Bees that produce milk are called "Boobees"

This is no fact. It's just a joke. What kinda bee produces milk? -- Boo bee/boobees.

OP Great post.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by swtcharissa(f): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Touching revelation,lord have mercy on ur children
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by ozodimgba(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
Source please or rather who came about these facts?
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Koolking(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
tlaret24:

Sharks are the only animals that never get sick. They are immune to every type of disease including cancer.

Interesting. I have never heard of this

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by topsy1971: 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
ogbeche77: 2 rats can creat 1 million relatives in 18 months, no wonder rats never finish for my house.. So i just dey waste money on rat poison
Its easy. Just buy a One male and female cat.The rats will disappear.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Interesting...

Can doctors in the house tell us why sharks are immune to any kind of sickness...is it not possible for humans to be injected with shark genes so that humans will be immune too making the cure of aids redundant.
Afamefuna,no be every question dem dey ask for nairaland when you know say you fit ask google. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by JynxDane: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Mosquitoes also prefer biting the female gender to the male..
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by topsy1971: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
More facts:
1.A snake can smell its prey 5 kilometres away, and proceed towards the direction of smell.
2.The egrets(Lekeleke) can never be eaten by crocodile. the egret feed on leftover meat in the croc mouth, thereby serving as toothpick.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
991: nice write up, the below got me thinking..
Male mosquitos do not bite, only female mosquito bites.
You never knew before now?now let me add to your knowledge,not all female(Anopheles) mosquitoes gives you malaria but only infested female onces.and secondly mosquitoes don't transmit Hiv/Aids.
Re: Interesting Facts You Would Like To Know by freecocoa(f): 4:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Most of the things there na wash joor.

How we go take know whether na true or not? Inshort how the people wey write these things take know?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download - Dj Don E "Blues" (mixtape) / See Where People Buy Active Nigerian Instagram Followers From / Ongoing Work At Berger Bus Stop Bridge (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.