Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

My Portfolio - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Portfolio (1371 Views)

My Portrait Painting Portfolio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Portfolio by Zahymaka(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2006
Hello All. I'm an amateur writer / jack of some trades. In clear layman's language I designed a website on which I put some of my work. I don't know if people would mind checking it out and telling me what they think about my style. Please -- I welcome all sorts of comments even if they're downright insulting.

I'm impervious to stinging remarks but I view them constructively -- if you feel my writing is shoddy, by all means tell me, and don't forget to include ways you think I can improve.

Oops I nearly left the site out in the end -- you can find it at http://books.zatechcorp.com. My e-mail is private@azuka.zatechcorp.com. I'm waiting to hear from you wink.

For coders, I wrote this content management system last year. It supports multi-theming, search and I'm currently working on RSS and plugin support. Would you mind sending me feedback on my business logic and what you feel I can improve? Like I said criticism is highly welcome.
Re: My Portfolio by Seun(m): 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2006
Since you want criticism, well you could have just used wordpress!
Re: My Portfolio by Zahymaka(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2006
I have a very unwieldy comment system for individual books and chapters as well as a rating system. I'm currently tweaking it -- when I'm ready I'll put it online.

My CMS is better suited for publishing since I explicitly wrote it for that.
Re: My Portfolio by Seun(m): 11:04am On May 01, 2006
I still can't get over the graphic description of a murder. even John grisham doesn't describe murders so vividly. He just says "this was found at the scene of the crime". It's very disturbing for you to be describing murder like that. Please remove that aspect!
Re: My Portfolio by Zahymaka(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2006
Two of my greatest phobias on Earth are death and insanity. I tried to explore both themes in that Ghost story -- I never thought it was a good work but that's what one of the professors who read it uses in her class.
Re: My Portfolio by Seun(m): 12:57pm On May 01, 2006
Aren't you afraid that someone who reads what you've just described would want to try it out? it's like teaching how to kill without a gun.
Re: My Portfolio by SMC(f): 4:36pm On May 05, 2007
Zahymaka:

Hello All. I'm an amateur writer / jack of some trades. In clear layman's language I designed a website on which I put some of my wo[/b]rk. I don't know if people would mind checking it out and telling me what they think about my style. Please -- I welcome all sorts of comments even if they're downright insulting.

I'm impervious to stinging remarks but I view them constructively -- if you feel my writing is shoddy, by all means tell me, and don't forget to include ways you think I can improve.

Oops I nearly left the site out in the end -- you can find it at [b]http://books.zatechcorp.com
. My e-mail is private@azuka.zatechcorp.com. I'm waiting to hear from you wink.

@ Zahymaka,

I don't say this often, but I think one or two of your stories are really good though a little too short.  You hold some promise mate. Keep up the writing and try to get you stuff published either collectively or individually as part of one of those short stories anthologies that get published.

Well done.

SMC

(1) (Reply)

1080 Degrees Poetry / How Sweet Is Your Tweet? / The Man Who Was Older Than God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.