Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration (1739 Views)

Prayer: The New Testament Way / Demystifying Prayer The Royal Telephone (module 1) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by holysmoke(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Did anybody watch the US presidential inauguration?
I was interested in watching it, looking out for some major things like the prayers.

Now I'm one of those who have beheld America's gradual descent into a moral abyss. They are moving farther from the principles of their founding fathers; principles that were wholly based on Judeo-Christian beliefs.

People may choose to believe what they want . The truth is that no other world view or religion could have built a nation like America. Talk about equality,freedom of speech,freedom of worship... go to some of those countries where America is villified you don't dare have a contrary view.

So America remains the hope of the free world. And the only way that can continue to happen is if they do not reject the old land marks. Alas there has been a relentless attack on the core values that made it a great nation. This has been going on on several fronts. One of these has been to criminalise conservative Christian values and attempting to desensitize the populace to " other world perspectives ". In fact one of their very own (can't recall her name) was quoted to have said , " Fundamentalist christians are more dangerous than Al qaeda ".

So that has been the spiritual descent of America exemplified by today's prayer at the inauguration. It was one of those NEW AGE STYLE INVOCATIONS that tries to appeal to Jesus,Allah,Budha,Krishna,Olokun etc but leaves everyone in doubt as to its whole purpose. The woman who led it was a civil rights activist. Four years ago it was Rick Warren pastor of the saddle back church. She rounded off the prepared prayer which she r.had ead from a book by asking , " in the name of Jesus and all who are holy" .

America truly needs prayers. I hope those who understand the far reaching implications of this will do what they have to do. And this is not just about America. As I said , America represents the hope of the free world. If it is overwhelmed by a rapacious counterperspective what do we think will happen to those of us in Nigeria ?

God save America.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by plaetton: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
holysmoke: Did anybody watch the US presidential inauguration?
I was interested in watching it, looking out for some major things like the prayers.

Now I'm one of those who have beheld America's gradual descent into a moral abyss. They are moving farther from the principles of their founding fathers; principles that were wholly based on Judeo-Christian beliefs.

People may choose to believe what they want . The truth is that no other world view or religion could have built a nation like America. Talk about equality,freedom of speech,freedom of worship... go to some of those countries where America is villified you don't dare have a contrary view.

So America remains the hope of the free world. And the only way that can continue to happen is if they do not reject the old land marks. Alas there has been a relentless attack on the core values that made it a great nation. This has been going on on several fronts. One of these has been to criminalise conservative Christian values and attempting to desensitize the populace to " other world perspectives ". In fact one of their very own (can't recall her name) was quoted to have said , " Fundamentalist christians are more dangerous than Al qaeda ".

So that has been the spiritual descent of America exemplified by today's prayer at the inauguration. It was one of those NEW AGE STYLE INVOCATIONS that tries to appeal to Jesus,Allah,Budha,Krishna,Olokun etc but leaves everyone in doubt as to its whole purpose. The woman who led it was a civil rights activist. Four years ago it was Rick Warren pastor of the saddle back church. She rounded off the prepared prayer which she r.had ead from a book by asking , " in the name of Jesus and all who are holy" .

America truly needs prayers. I hope those who understand the far reaching implications of this will do what they have to do. And this is not just about America. As I said , America represents the hope of the free world. If it is overwhelmed by a rapacious counterperspective what do we think will happen to those of us in Nigeria ?

God save America.

It is dabatable whether America was founded on the so-called principles of Judeao-christian beliefs. I say that is was not. That is what made her different and unique from the old christian empires of Europe.

Secondly, the Judeo-chiristian principles were the only game in town in that era, so america could not have been founded on it, and yet remained very different form the other christian empires.

Most importantly, how does this particular prayer, an all-embracing prayer, an appeal to a higher force on behalf of all, diminish America, or threaten or diminish your own personal beliefs?
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by jeniud: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
Every boo in america has a role to play!
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by advocate666: 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
holysmoke indeed.

why don't you worry about you own village first of all before worrying about america and their gods?
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by holysmoke(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
@ plaeton . Debateable ? well what isnt? you didn't explain which other world view will champion equality,freedom of speech etc.

These same core Judeao-Christian values where held @ some point in time by most western nations. maybe not in its entirety but yes all the same.

A well known philosopher & atheist (can't remember his name now) speaking on Ghandi said, " it is doubtful that the mahatma's method will have worked were it not for the conscience of a Christianized nation."

This was someone who didn't believe on God saying it was the Judeao-Christian leanings of the British empire that allowed Ghandi have his victory . The same thing happened during the civil rights movement in America. Only someone blind to the truth will think that the gains of the struggle was only because of their commitment to non-violent struggle.

Where else could that have happened ? That a people will challenge the status quo and be given the privilege to air their dissatisfaction?
Go and try that some place else and see what will happen ?

@ jeniud. everyone has a role to play, true. But truth by definition is exclusive. Rather than pray to some ill defined "god" with an ecclectic mix,why not do away with the whole thing ?
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by Kay17: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
Where were the Christian values in the time of slavery?

What supported Colonialism and imperialism? Where were the Christian values?

When all men were declared equal, where was the Christian Value?
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by holysmoke(m): 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666: holysmoke indeed.

why don't you worry about you own village first of all before worrying about america and their gods?

If you'd notice I did try to make it clear that while America appears to be the issue the implication is far reaching. There's an ongoing war of cultures & perspectives. I have tried to be circumspect but the discerning mind will understand what I'm talking about. I'll not be surprised if you don't . Your name does speak of a diabolical leaning. whether it's borne out of cynical humor or an avowed commitment to the sinister is what I can't tell. whichever be the case, I pray you don't reap the proceeds of such ill informed ideas.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by enilove(m): 9:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
It is not every body that knows the spiritual implication of what you are saying.More especially the new age doctrine and its purpose.
We are living in the last days.
Thanks for the information.
God bless you.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by advocate666: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
holysmoke:

If you'd notice I did try to make it clear that while America appears to be the issue the implication is far reaching. There's an ongoing war of cultures & perspectives. I have tried to be circumspect but the discerning mind will understand what I'm talking about. I'll not be surprised if you don't . Your name does speak of a diabolical leaning. whether it's borne out of cynical humor or an avowed commitment to the sinister is what I can't tell. whichever be the case, I pray you don't reap the proceeds of such ill informed ideas.

Well, it was far reaching implications that brought the middle eastern religions to your village in the first place. So I'm not surprised that you'd be interested in the evolution of this religion. Whether this interest is born out of slave mentality or frustration of your present situation is what I can't tell. However rest assured that Satan, the giver of knowledge, will conquer in the end.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by holysmoke(m): 12:26am On Jan 22, 2013
@ advocate . Sold your soul to the devil,did you ? What are you ? Dr Faust ? Anyways I can't tell how far you have gone ? I can only hope you haven't crossed the rubicon . Even if you were joking you are obviously sliding down towards it. I can't say you're irredeemable . I shudder to think of the possibility.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by plaetton: 12:57am On Jan 22, 2013
holysmoke: @ plaeton . Debateable ? well what isnt? you didn't explain which other world view will champion equality,freedom of speech etc.

These same core Judeao-Christian values where held @ some point in time by most western nations. maybe not in its entirety but yes all the same.

A well known philosopher & atheist (can't remember his name now) speaking on Ghandi said, " it is doubtful that the mahatma's method will have worked were it not for the conscience of a Christianized nation."

This was someone who didn't believe on God saying it was the Judeao-Christian leanings of the British empire that allowed Ghandi have his victory . The same thing happened during the civil rights movement in America. Only someone blind to the truth will think that the gains of the struggle was only because of their commitment to non-violent struggle.

Where else could that have happened ? That a people will challenge the status quo and be given the privilege to air their dissatisfaction?
Go and try that some place else and see what will happen ?

@ jeniud. everyone has a role to play, true. But truth by definition is exclusive. Rather than pray to some ill defined "god" with an ecclectic mix,why not do away with the whole thing ?

Big laugh indeed.
Kindly educate us about what you call the core judeo-christian values and also point to any point in history where these values were held by the christian empires of Europe?
I am wondering aloud if these core Judeo christian values included slavery, theft and plunder of other nation's resources?

What are these so-called judeo-christrian values you speak about? Free speech? Big laugh again. Where in medieval christian Europe did you have free speech? Where in pre-Columbus christian Europe did anyone challenge the status quo and live to tell about it?
I think you have your history upside down.

In case you have neither heard nor read, American was founded by people who were fleeing religious intollerance and persection(your so-called christian values) in Europe for the hunger to live free from the encumberances of your so-called judeo-christian values.

The founding fathers, mostly members of the masonic orders, sought to emasculate and castrate religion by skilfully separating the power of the state and the power of the church.
That was the grand coup de etat that laid the foundations for building the freest and greatest nation in the world.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by okeyxyz(m): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2013
Religion and God should be removed from the constitution. They should simply swear by this constitution and stop pretending that god is present in them. God is for voluntary associations, not state mandates.

1 Like

Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by plaetton: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
okeyxyz: Religion and God should be removed from the constitution. They should simply swear by this constitution and stop pretending that god is present in them. God is for voluntary associations, not state mandates.

Na you talk am joor.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
God is not mocked, the fear of God remains the beginning of wisdom.
Re: New Age Style Prayer @ The US Presidential Inauguration by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
holysmoke: Did anybody watch the US presidential inauguration?

God save America.

Proper New Age Style. Don't expect the spiritually blind to see it and those who do would not admit it.

(1) (Reply)

The Lord's Chosen Crusade Coming Up At AKURE, Ondo State / Apostle Johnson Suleman 2015 Prophecies A-z / Do God Really Know The Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.