Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" (1744 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Top 5 Most Successful Football Club In Nigeria / Mourinho: I Refused To Speak To Chelsea Players After Bradford Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by bagoma(f): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2006
mourinho, calls chelsea the worstt club in the world. cheesy
please read this.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=366292&cc=3888

what do you guys think of the story.
mourinho doesnt think he is given due respects, do you think so?
what could be responsible? whose fault.?
fellow Nairaland users, lets hear your views.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by my2cents(m): 3:15am On Apr 30, 2006
I personally think it is part sarcasm and part truth.

Sarcasm - As you said, despite his record, he isn't given the respect he thinks he is due.

*Part* Truth - Despite the talent pool in terms of players, all he could claim this season is the Prem Title. So in this case, i think he is justing speaking out of frustration.

He will b back though. I bet if he thinks of quitting, Abramovich will make him an offer he can't refuse grin
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by bagoma(f): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2006
hmmmn! an offer he cant refuse. cheesy cheesy
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by LoverBwoy(m): 9:18pm On May 01, 2006
Hmm i bet he's feeling the pressure of the English Press grin

An offer he can't refuse?? Scolari is around the corner wink
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by bagoma(f): 10:05pm On May 01, 2006
loverbwoy, what about scolari? what's the gist?
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by LoverBwoy(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2006
The dude likes money, he wants england to pay him double what they paid Sven

he's one of the best coaches in the world n im sure he'll be well happy to fill in for mourinho grin
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Akolawole(m): 11:43pm On May 01, 2006
"""Mourinho said: 'For a manager it is the worst club you can work at.

'For example I won nine consecutive matches this season and I was never manager of the month. Not one single time.

'I have been here for two years, we are champions and I have won manager of the months two times in two years.

'That's just a simple example. You do what you can but you are never recognised. Chelsea are always treated in a negative way.'

Mourinho tied a Portugal scarf around his neck before launching into his after-match celebrations."""

He is not saying, Chelsea is the worst club.
He is saying working as a manager(Jose or No Jose) at Chelsea is another thing. You must be ready for the hatred.

A club owned by a Foreigner and managed by a foreigner in a country where they dont believe non-english is better than them.

He is always proud to be portuguese sha.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by bagoma(f): 11:56pm On May 01, 2006
@loverbouy,
ok i got you now.

@ kola, welcome back from leave, sir. wink
i understand the article well.
i have been waiting for your comments on this for ages.
so you're saying chelsea is hated only because it is owned by a foreigner and managed by a foreigner?
mourinho himself has not contributed to that hatred at all abi? (na so, tell me something)

Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Akolawole(m): 12:17am On May 02, 2006
bagoma:

i have been waiting for your comments on this for ages.
so you're saying chelsea is hated only because it is owned by a foreigner and managed by a foreigner?
mourinho himself has not contributed to that hatred at all abi?[size=7pt] (na so, tell me something)

I try not to comment since you launch this thread.

Jose is inclusive now. He say things the way he feels.

He has no single diplomacy.

I will soon launch some of his controversial comments.

I enjoy Chelsea being hated sha
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Akolawole(m): 12:18am On May 02, 2006
@Baggy

I see Jose leaving next season, he is not at ease working with Kenyon.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by nightrider: 9:47am On May 02, 2006
i hope mourinho doesn't leave chelsea, i think he's agreat coach. scolari might deliver the flair that chelsea fans are craving for, but he might not deliver the results week in week out the way mourinho does.

the only reason mourinho is having problems is because of chelsea's exit from europe. kenyon isn't happy that such a big club with so much money spent should win only one title. But it could have happened to anybody.

if mourinho ends up leaving chelsea , i hope he goes to real madrid. he'll be great there.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by nightrider: 10:00am On May 02, 2006
erickson will not win the champions league for kenyon, upon the 100 million dollars he spent at lazio, he managed the serie A title only once and he got booted out of europe by valencia. so money never gurantees champions league no matter who the coach is.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by hucarson(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2006
Jose wont leave Chelsea.
He has won a lot in UK and besides i doubt if he wld achieve this feat anywhere else in the world.
No football club in the world will throw money around the way Chelsea does.
Real Madrid or AC Milan wld not watch it happen.
I think he is employing his mind games here.
Jose will stay until he can win UCL for Chelsea.

Jose Mourinho feels that rightful credit is denied him because of Chelsea's wealth.
Hucarson, however, is keen to remedy that.
Two of the Premiership's three worst signings this season, at a combined cost of £30million, are Mourinho's buys.
Shawn Wright Phillips-----------£21m
Del Horno--------------------------£9m
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Skintite(f): 1:52pm On May 02, 2006
I think jose is a great coach

ure right hucs, watever he wins
pple will say its cos of the money

His talent as a coach shud be recognised, regardless of the russian moni grin
i think morinho will be great at madrid too

But he can leave after he wins the CL for chelsea
mayb in another 50yrs cheesy
grin grin
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Akolawole(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2006
hucarson:

Two of the Premiership's three worst signings this season, at a combined cost of £30million, are Mourinho's buys.
Shawn Wright Phillips-----------£21m
Del Horno--------------------------£9m

Stupid signing though but when i launch a thread titled spending spree, you will be speechless about your team.

nightrider:

i hope mourinho doesn't leave chelsea, i think he's agreat coach. scolari might deliver the flair that chelsea fans are craving for, but he might not deliver the results week in week out the way mourinho does.
the only reason mourinho is having problems is because of chelsea's exit from europe. kenyon isn't happy that such a big club with so much money spent should win only one title. But it could have happened to anybody.
if mourinho ends up leaving chelsea , i hope he goes to real madrid. he'll be great there.

##Kenyon's problem with Jose started with Ashley Cole issue, he brought Jose into that mess and the Portuguess didnt like that##

## Kenyon goes ahead to tap Ferdinand, Did Chelsea need Ferdinand? No. we have far far better player in John Terry and Dependable Galas. Jose is not happy with that nonsense.##

## Chelsea supporters dont need Flair football. We have scored plenty of flair goals but we dont want all those yeye flicks/Flair sort of football##
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Jackal(m): 5:31pm On May 02, 2006
@ Akola,
I will be glad if u can post such thread today.
U will cry for ur team cos i have a long list of Mourinho's mis-buys and their worth.
Don't forget the time factor will also be included.
The total net worth of the mis-buys will be divided by the number of years.
U will gape at the stats.
Bring it on!
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by LoverBwoy(m): 10:25pm On May 02, 2006
Akolawole:

@Baggy

I see Jose leaving next season, he is not at ease working with Kenyon.

oh i thought u said that was just a storm in a tea cup wink
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Akolawole(m): 11:40pm On May 02, 2006
@LB

I dont understand that.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by spikelord(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2006
Mourinho leaving

Can't blive this?
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by bagoma(f): 11:18pm On May 25, 2006
No spikelord, mourinho isnt leaving yet.
he was just saying that at some point in the season he felt like packing up and going but he didnt. and he wont, not just yet.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by toyex: 3:02pm On May 30, 2006
The problem with Jose is that he has a psychological condition.
He is always craving recognition and notice me.I think that is why he does a lot of sometimes stupid things if he is not being noticed.
He is like a baby who has to cry if he/she requires attention.
He is really gracious in defeat but demands respect as if you can buy it in the market place.Part of his problem is that he doesn't understand the english culture.He thought they would be worshipping him by now.
In short he has serious inferiority complex.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Akolawole(m): 3:08pm On May 30, 2006
@Toyex

Jose is seeking recognition: Maybe he is trophyless and a baby-Coach.

Inferioity complex: Could that be Mourinho?

Maybe, he is inferior to Wenger and other premiership coaches.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by spikelord(m): 3:15pm On May 30, 2006
You think?
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by Akolawole(m): 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2007
Thanks Baggy for this thread launched since April last year.
Re: Mourinho-"I Nearly Quit The Worst Club In The World" by MP007(m): 8:36am On Jun 24, 2007
screw him

(1) (Reply)

Kader Keita, Disgusting Cheat Of The World Cup 2010 / Why Thierry Henry Is The Greatest Player Σƒ The Premier League / Lionel Messi Expecting Second Child With Partner Antonella Roccuzzo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.