Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? - Fashion/Clothing Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion/Clothing Market / Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? (2661 Views)

What Do You Think Of My Nike Blazer Sneakers? / What Do You Think Of A Girl Who Wears No Earrings And Has No Hole / How Do You Think Of This Mother Dress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? by nichole09: 5:10am On Jan 22, 2013
Hi dears, I hope you can give me some tips of the Chinese wholesale. Recently, I am planning to open up a small fashion shop, and looking for the suppliers. I found there were some very cheap items on some Chinese sites, just like lightinthebox.com, wholesale-dress.com, chicmove.com. There were who once bought clothes from them? I don’t know which one I should trust. lightinthebox.com has the highest price, but the comments are not very bad. wholesale-dress.com low price, but no good quality for some items. http://www.chicmove.com/ has more fashion women cardigans and the lowest price, but there is few comment about it.
As for me, a newly fashion clothes beginner. But since it is my first time, I am doing it cautiously.
Re: Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? by Nobody: 5:28am On Jan 22, 2013
I've read a lot of bad testimonials on shopping from China but In any case, just make sure you do your due diligence before parting with your money on any website.
And you can always call on me for your online fashion store.
Here's a demo. www.gidilinks.com/shop
Email: gidilinks@yahoo.com
Re: Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? by easterbabe(f): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2013
I'll be glad to give you advice on sourcing for your boutique when you're ready. You can reach me on 08137018553.
Re: Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? by uzoo: 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2013
ok here is the deal on those Chinese websites.

First off, any site that is outside nigeria that does not have and physical address(a building) , you should never buy from them.

Reasons : You will never get a refund for any item you return

Secondly,and i am speaking from experience, Chinese items are cheap to buy , yes i agree and so is the item you are buying. You get a top/jacket /pants/ bags etc from an online store in china ,i guarantee you that you use it once and the next time you wear it out ,it will have issues, either the colours will run when washed or, the fabric will begin to bubble up ( bring out wool on the surface of the fabric)or begin to rip from the seams.

For the ''leather ''' bags and shoes, unless your room/shoe closet or wardrobe is constantly kept cool or air conditioned ,watch out for when the skin on the bag starts to peel off.

There is no substitute for feeling the texture of what you are buying especially if you are buying china made. My dear am sure you want to keep your customers happy so they can keep coming to patronize you.

Another Scam is when you do buy stuffs from these Chinese stores online they tend to assure you that if you ship with them using the shipping platform provided on their site that the items will get to you in Nigeria . BIG LIE! . just be ready for more frustrating phone calls or emails like these ''the items are on their way'' ,'' there must be some mix up with the package'' ''we will let you know as soon as the items leave our ware house/store'', bla bla bla . You might as well just Forget it.

Lastly, Chinese fashion items ( apparel and shoes) run small , so if for instance a customer tells you she is a UK size 12 for apparel she will probably wear a top bought from china that is a size 14 or 16. same with their shoe sizes. UK shoe size 7 which is an American size 9 will be a Chinese shoe size 11 or 12. And to be honest the Chinese don't make that many large sizes for shoes.

Now , having said all this , there is still a rush for
the Chinese market , this is because the dealers of women apparel and shoes both here in Nigeria and in the US go straight to the Chinese manufacturers and factories with their own specifications for the market they are selling to and then ask the manufacturers to make similar stuffs for them but using their specifications.
i am saying this because i have male cousins who live and travel to china frequently for their market. And they have their manufacturers and dealers in Guangzhou and other areas in China.
this is because these Nigerians want to maintain their customers here and give them good stuffs without breaking the bank.So they travel to China themselves to see what they are getting.

I Hope this has helped . Good luck.
Re: Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? by XtremeBase(f): 12:53am On Jan 24, 2013
Uzoo has said it all.
Re: Have You Ever Been To The Chinese Wholesale Sites What Do You Think Of Them? by Yvete(f): 2:59am On Jan 24, 2013
Great info Uzo and Xtremebase.

@ Nicole09 I run a what I call an 'octopus'. An everything involved business online that spreads out into resale of locally thrift-ed designer items and whatever valuable item I can lay my hands on. And I sell them 100% online too.
The secret to safe online purchases from Chinese vendors is to read testimonials, build a line of communication and explicitly express your uneasiness with the new venture. The honest sellers would want to impress you. I mainly use Aliexpress and have no problems whatsoever. I get free samples of items with a 100% refund policy and personal contact information of these vendors.

Just exercise caution anyways.

(1) (Reply)

Christian T Shirts With Creative Arts And Gospel Scripts Just For You! / Get trained to become an Organic Skincare consultant and Cosmetologist / New Arrival: T.m. Lewin, Hawes & Curtis, Thomas Pink Shirts, Designer Wristwatch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.