Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

BRAZIL 2014!!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BRAZIL 2014!!!! (594 Views)

Who Scored The Best Goal In Brazil 2014 Fifa World Cup.. / We ‘ll Play Spain, Argentina In Brazil 2014 – Ethiopia / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BRAZIL 2014!!!! by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 22, 2013
FIRST !! I watch football not only because of my team but I love watching the game, I feel happy watching good games, i know most people will get mad at me for opening this topic b/c the team most of us here support(super eagle) arent doing good inthe game anymore and also for the reason that a competittion is going on now AfcON2013. Do me a favor, dont curse me out instead jst skip the topic and keep on with the competition. I maybe kinda jealous because i dont get to watch the AFCON2013, no station here shows it and before i stroll round the internet to watch it the game must have been over. So i lost my interest on it, I watch some highlight on youtube tho.

Now the reason for this topic is for those who (like me) would like to go watch the WORLD CUP 2014 in Brazil, I am fully prepared for it! I have been checking online since end of last year for detail about where,when and how the world cup ticket would be sold,I end up knowing few things its normally out eight months before the game starts. Im asking if anyone in the house(a soccer lover like me) is interested in going to brazil come 2014, just come over here lets make it worth it!! I will start by posting detail about brazil and maybe even pictures of stadiums and palces! Its not too early! I will be 22yrs old come 2014!!!
Re: BRAZIL 2014!!!! by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 22, 2013
[center]BRAZIL 2014[/center]
Fifa has selected 12 Brazilian cities to host matches at the 2014 World Cup finals. These are Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Manaus, Belo Horizonte, Natal, Fortaleza, Curitiba, Salvador, Brasilia, Cuiaba, Recife and Porto Alegre. Fifa, agreed to increase the number of host cities from 10 to 12 because of the size of Brazil providing a good geographical spread to ensure many Brazilians get the opportunity to watch a game and spread the financial and economic benefits around this large country. Florianopolis, Goiania, Campo Grande, Belem and Rio Branco were the cities to missed. BBCFifa has selected 12 Brazilian cities to host matches at the 2014 World Cup finals. These are Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Manaus, Belo Horizonte, Natal, Fortaleza, Curitiba, Salvador, Brasilia, Cuiaba, Recife and Porto Alegre. Fifa, agreed to increase the number of host cities from 10 to 12 because of the size of Brazil providing a good geographical spread to ensure many Brazilians get the opportunity to watch a game and spread the financial and economic benefits around this large country. Florianopolis, Goiania, Campo Grande, Belem and Rio Branco were the cities to missed. BBC
Brazil has been named as the host nation for the 2014 football World Cup. It is the first time the World Cup is being held in South America since Argentina hosted, and won, the 1978 tournament.

Brazil have won the tournament a record five times and hosted the World Cup once before, in 1950, when they lost 2-1 in the final to Uruguay. It is the first time the World Cup is being held in South America since Argentina hosted, and won, the 1978 tournament.

Brazil is setting aside around £550m to update its stadiums, including the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro which hosted the 1950 World Cup final.
That money will be spent in several areas as Fifa's inspection report has identified 18 grounds with more than 40,000 capacity that could host games. These will be whittled down to nine or 10 in time for the big kick off in 2014. For more information regarding the Stadia being used for the 2014 World Cup click on the Stadiums link.

THE BIDDING

Brazil will stage the FIFA World Cup in 2014. The South American country a hotbed of football which has produced some of the world's greatest players was the sole candidate to host the global game's major tournament in seven years' time. FIFA President Joseph S Blatter said he had been impressed by Brazil's plans for 2014, despite the fact they were the only bidders following Colombia's withdrawal.
"There was an extraordinary presentation by the delegation and we witnessed that this World Cup will have such a big social and cultural impact in Brazil. This is the country that has given to the world the best football and the best footballers, and they are five-times world champions." uefa

Since several associations from different confederations have already declared their interest in bidding, FIFA came to the conclusion that, as from 2018, the bidding procedure should once again be open to all continents, except those parts of the world that have hosted the two previous tournaments.

While the country in general may be relatively poor, football fans from all over the world can look forward to a month of carnival style celebrations during the 2014 World Cup tournament with the added bonus of a fanatical home support for the boys in yellow as they search for yet another World Cup title, this time on home soil

(1) (Reply)

Touching: Tear Dropping Storyof Victor Moses. / Super Eagles Backroom Staff Blast Keshi / Photos- Governor Babatunde Fashola Splash Millions On Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.