Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

If I Were An Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If I Were An Atheist (9717 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
Imagine I didn't believe in the existence of God, life would be so worthless to me and it would be of no value. I would wake up everyday wondering and trying to figure out the reason for my existence.

I would just be a product of probability, a random occurence, a by-product of s.ex from two hor.ny adults. Finally, I would get tired of life for it has no purpose, no reason for us to exist. I would have to go out with a b.ang, i would have to become very famous (actually infamous would be the case).

Since I have just one life to live, I have to be remembered for something right? I would create my own terrorist group (of course with affiliations to al-quaeda and other major terrorist groups). Together, we would cause havoc to the world; carefully, we would eliminate all major world leaders (of course, I would upload a video to youtube with my face clearly showing claiming responsibility for their deaths).

Also, I would incite a nuclear war that would be so catastrophic, the population of the whole world would dwindle into non-existence. The survivors would remember my name for ages to come, my name would be used to strike terror into the hearts of little children and adults alike.

Finally, I would become so famous, people for ages to come would remember me as the god of war (the man who changed the whole world by eliminating almost all population of the world).
-----------------------------

Pheeew, thanks be to God that I am not an atheist.
Congratulations. You've got our attention with this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by free2ryhme: 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
hw is dat our biznes if u lyk no bleaf anytin e nö concern us.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by claremont(m): 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
In the absence of religion, good people will still do good things, and bad people will still do bad things; but it takes religion (in most cases) to make a supposedly good man turn into an evil, sadistic and capricious monster.

8 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by tonte(m): 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Atheist or not, ur still a product of two adults

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by GAR3TH(m): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Imagine I didn't believe in the existence of God, life would be so worthless to me and it would be of no value.

@OP you make no sense at all. Since Atheist don't believe in an after life it means that they value their current life more than religious people do. They know they can only live once so they make the best out of their current life. Compared that to some religious people like suicide bomber who dont value life since they will blow themselves up for 72 virgins in the after life.

3 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by charliekay: 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2013
Pls who told u dat atheist dnt hv purpose..bill gate is an atheist he has purpose n stil achievin..mark zuckerberg is also an atheist..d fact we undastand..atheist hv more purpose in lif..den u start respectn dem..

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by jmoore(m): 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
why is the religious section the permanent home of most atheists on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
jmoore: why is the religious section the permanent home of most atheists on nairaland?

Atheism is a theological stance on the existence of God.

As long as there is no atheist/philosophy section, the religion section will suffice
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
Lmao, this thread is a joke.

What makes you think that as a Christian, you weren't a byproduct of two Hot bunnies? Lol

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2013

Since I have just one life to live, I have to be remembered for something right? I would create my own terrorist group (of course with affiliations to al-quaeda and other major terrorist groups). Together, we would cause havoc to the world; carefully, we would eliminate all major world leaders (of course, I would upload a video to youtube with my face clearly showing claiming responsibility for their deaths).

Makes no damn sense. Mtchewwww
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
Who were the other dim-wits that liked this thread?

Oya, come and tell me which part made sense to you.

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by jmoore(m): 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheism is a theological stance on the existence of God.

As long as there is no atheist/philosophy section, the religion section will suffice
why waste your time on something you do not believe in? smh
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2013
Senseless religionists always think their logic make more sense whereas it's far from meaningful to reasonable toddlers. I don't need to poke fun at this elementary view of life by Theists because it will only make me look like them, a primitive human being!

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2013
jmoore:

I dont believe in Zeus

However, Zeus believers do not threaten the separation of church and state

Zeus believers do not slap/beat "witches" in Nigeria

Zeus believers do not engage in tithe fraud in Nigeria

You see, i dont believe in god but i live in fear of the nasty things that people do in gods name

2 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by SpicyMimi(f): 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
The Religion section sucks mehn! Ow do u guys cope with all these weird and creepy peepz in here!

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Bella3(f): 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
SpicyMimi: The Religion section sucks mehn! Ow do u guys cope with all these weird and creepy peepz in here!
THE RELIGION SECTION IS THE BEST. There may be alotta arguments bt there's fun. Tell you what, its better than talking about imaginary relationshipswink. I am inviting you. Come and you wil never remain thesame.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
Bélla3: THE RELIGION SECTION IS THE BEST. There may be alotta arguments bt there's fun. Tell you what, its better than talking about imaginary relationshipswink. I am inviting you. Come and you wil never remain thesame.
Lol.. See advert tongue
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Onlinebiz2012: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: If I Were An Atheist by antartica(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
The poster is obviously in bondage of his own delusions,envious of the sound and free minded. Never will he have the guts to believe in himself and never will he be free in his short and ignorant life. It is sad.

1 Like

Re: If I Were An Atheist by Bella3(f): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol.. See advert tongue
Yes na tongue. We need more females in the religion section.
Infact am creating a thread to that effect.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by azpekuliar: 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm not an theist but i can;t remember any terror in the world ever cause by atheists. Is it not Religious people that are causing most of the problems in the world?

Food for thought.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by ayobase(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
*facepalm* Seriously, I was just joking. I can never be an atheist and even if I became one, it wouldn't change who I am. Thanks @all for humouring me. Muskeeto really made me laugh.

This aint a joking matter my friend....trying to succumb due to pressure?
U made a lot of sense in ur post.
An atheist doesn't believe in heaven or earth...everybody dies like chicken and goat I guess.
But as a believer (theist) one has a sense of discipleship and who to report to, unless one is being stubborn, hoodwinked or twisting the truth in order so suit oneself.

Be happy you are not an atheist that believes he dies like a cow!

The greatest and UNCORRECTABLE dissapointment ever is believing that total MORALITY will take you to heaven....TOTAL MORALITY without an iota of FAITH takes one nowhere....Every theist is surely a MORALIST!

This world would have been in a total chaos if everyone is an atheist....does it mean that every athesit is a moralist.

Besides, theists outnumber the atheists, and the sole reason reason why the world is still standing.
Consider the reverse...so, who said the atheists are more MORAL!
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
ayobase:

This aint a joking matter my friend....trying to succumb due to pressure?
U made a lot of sense in ur post.
An atheist doesn't believe in heaven or earth...everybody dies like chicken and goat I guess.
But as a believer (theist) one has a sense of discipleship and who to report to, unless one is being stubborn, hoodwinked or twisting the truth in order so suit oneself.

Be happy you are not an atheist that believes he dies like a cow!

The greatest and UNCORRECTABLE dissapointment ever is believing that total MORALITY will take you to heaven....TOTAL MORALITY without an iota of FAITH takes one nowhere....Every theist is surely a MORALIST!

This world would have been in a total chaos if everyone is an atheist....does it mean that every athesit is a moralist.

Besides, theists outnumber the atheists, and the sole reason reason why the world is still standing.
Consider the reverse...so, who said the atheists are more MORAL!

You didnt make any sense at all

3 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by ayobase(m): 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
Afam4eva: I'm not an theist but i can;t remember any terror in the world ever cause by atheists. Is it not Religious people that are causing most of the problems in the world?

The greatest war so far that needs to abolished is deceiving humanity that God exists not.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by ayobase(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

You didnt make any sense at all

I do not expect you to make any meaning out of it!

Spiritual rules the physical!

U can never use ur logic mind to unravel that puzzle!
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Sibrah: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

See the liar?

After being debunked, he claims "I was only joking".

Mtchew.
I knew it was a joke even be fore i read the first comment.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
ayobase:

I do not expect you to make any meaning out of it!

Spiritual rules the physical!

U can never use ur logic mind to unravel that puzzle!

I'll believe you when you use a spiritual keyboard to type that.

2 Likes

Re: If I Were An Atheist by cold(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
You're good because you fear damnation. I am good without obligation. There's a difference.
Re: If I Were An Atheist by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 24, 2013
Re: If I Were An Atheist by advocate666: 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
jmoore: why is the religious section the permanent home of most atheists on nairaland?

Becuase Jizz-Us came for the sick and not the able bodied. If we leave this place for you, who will you convert?
Re: If I Were An Atheist by advocate666: 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
jmoore:

I think it is the will of god that we are here because we wouldn't be here if god didn't want it so. Please don't go against god's will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? / Mysterious Ways Of God! / Not My Head Not My Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.