Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? (6930 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by thelonestranger: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
I want to do my own very low budget film of about 1 hour .How much can I expect to pay for :
camera and crew
editing
packaging
etc etc

I am talking low budget here and please can you give me direction to where I can get these resources.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by sheyma: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelonestranger: I want to do my own very low budget film of about 1 hour .How much can I expect to pay for :
camera and crew
editing
packaging
etc etc

I am talking low budget here and please can you give me direction to where I can get these resources.
Thanks
bro u just asked a funny and interesting question,i was once like you too but after making some visible moves i meet some people and presently we are working on somthing very nice,if u really want to know more call me 08074471751 so we would talk better
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by VillageBoi(m): 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelonestranger: I want to do my own very low budget film of about 1 hour.

No gonna lie to you, the length you are thinking of (1hr) is unusual & odd. Why not add a minimum of 30mins to that and at least have a 'regular' feature film... that, if good enough, can do the cinema rounds. A one-hour film would pretty much be a waste of money.
But if you just want to do stuff for the sake of learning try 5-15mins... at least you can get that range into a lot of short-film festivals.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by chinosxl(m): 10:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
thelonestranger: I want to do my own very low budget film of about 1 hour .How much can I expect to pay for :
camera and crew
editing
packaging
etc etc

Thanks

Holla at ya boi

https://www.nairaland.com/1168055/want-produce-movie-music-video

WE HAVE ALL THE EQUIPMENTS YOU WILL NEED

DSLR RIG WITH MATTE BOX
DSLR CAMERAS 7D, 5D MII, 5D MIII
MONITORS
NTG RODE SHOTGUN MIC
LOCATION/FIELD MIXER
SEINHEISSER WIRELESS LAPEL MICS
ZOOM H4 NEXT SOUND RECORDER
CLAPPER BOARD
BOOM POLE
RED HEAD LIGHTS
KINO FLOW LIGHTS
TRIPODS, TRIPOD DOLLIES
12FEET STRAIGHT GLIDE GEAR
36FEET FLEXIBLE GLIDE GEAR
YOU NAME IT, WE PROBABLY HAVE IT

ALL EQUIPMENTS ARE CURRENTLY IN P/H.

OUR CAMERA MEN ARE FLEXIBLE AND CAN TRAVEL TO WHEREEVER EQUIPMENTS ARE NEEDED, P/H, LAGOS, ENUGU, BAYELSA, ASABA, GHANA, SOUTH AFRICA ETC. GIVE US A CALL IKE (MANAGER) 07062161101, CAMERA MEN 08054834390, 08035439982.

WE ALSO HAVE A MOVIE DIRECTOR (OVER 60 NOLLYWOOD MOVIES DIRECTED) AVAILABLE.
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by naijacgi: 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
it all depends on ur script, that's if u hav any.
time and working hours or day matters too.
you may google ABUJA FILM FINAL to see our low bugget class of movies.
or call 07057574507
for info
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by BillJones1: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
how long is a piece of string?

it depends on a lot of factors.

why not start off the cheap way and just youtube it and earn some money that way, then when you have enough you can go on to the more expensive stuff.

if you want to learn about earning money from youtube then you pm me.
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by redcliff: 11:18am On Jan 25, 2013
camera and crew
editing
packaging
etc etc

Thanks

@OP, YOu are one of the reasons why our film industry is sinking so much in mediocrity because people like you who dont have the know how want to make quick cash from movie making without knowing A from B. Its like a child who was born and don't know how to crawl but want to start running. Go to a reputable film school and educate yourself!
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by VillageBoi(m): 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
redcliff:

@OP, YOu are one of the reasons why our film industry is sinking so much in mediocrity because people like you who dont have the know how want to make quick cash from movie making without knowing A from B. Its like a child who was born and don't know how to crawl but want to start running. Go to a reputable film school and educate yourself!

In this day and age one does not have to go to film school to learn what they need to know about making films. Everything they need to know is online but they have to know what they need.
However, I do understand you point and have come across far too many people with zero research skills. Some questions asked do border on "Has this person really not even heard of Google?".
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by redcliff: 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2013
VillageBoi:

In this day and age one does not have to go to film school to learn what they need to know about making films. Everything they need to know is online but they have to know what they need.
However, I do understand you point and have come across far too many people with zero research skills. Some questions asked do border on "Has this person really not even heard of Google?".

The impact the four walls of a learning institution has on/in an individual in a year, it would take 'an outside the learning institution' environment more time to have such impact on same individual. There is no contesting this fact. Bring two people in same field with diff learning experience and see that the individual who has an 'in class' experience is always(most time) ahead of his 'outclass' counterpart. And the nifty thing about the inclass individual is that he can augument his knowlegde with out class scenarios but the outclass can't do so with inclass scenarioes..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by VillageBoi(m): 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2013
redcliff:

The impact the four walls of a learning institution has on/in an individual in a year, it would take 'an outside the learning institution' environment more time to have such impact on same individual. There is no contesting this fact. Bring two people in same field with diff learning experience and see that the individual who has an 'in class' experience is always(most time) ahead of his 'outclass' counterpart. And the nifty thing about the inclass individual is that he can augument his knowlegde with out class scenarios but the outclass can't do so with inclass scenarioes..

Like before, I did understand your point of view. However, for most of the arts it just doesn't ring true. Yes the class(room) is very important for 'filmmakers' but is not a MUST. There are absolutely fantastic filmmakers out there that have never been to film school and yet make some of the best films out there. I've done both and can argue both sides of the coin... when it comes to practical filmmaking nothing beats learning on the job. I don't know about Nollywood but do know we are so into various types of bragging-rights so it's probably more helpful there. But here, no one seriously gives a hoot if you have been to film school... it's all about "What can you do practically?", in addition to the fact that all the information you need is so easy to find online.

Did I enjoy the academic years of the classroom? Absolutely! Would I do it again? Maybe! Does one have to? No! But and a very BIG but... anyone interested in doing film MUST study, no ifs or buts about it, be it in the classroom, online and in practice or they should completely forget it. And another truth is no matter how long one has been making films for the studying/learning MUST go on for as long as they want to be, and are, involved in filmmaking.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by thelonestranger: 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
redcliff:

Instead of answering my question you chose to insult me.I ask for ball park estimates to assist budgeting and you say I should go and learn film making in school. You are as arrogant as you are ignorant. What I was expecting is like:
Camera - Nx - Ny per hour and so on. if you don't know the answer then fvck off my post.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by VillageBoi(m): 11:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
thelonestranger:

Instead of answering my question you chose to insult me.I ask for ball park estimates to assist budgeting and you say I should go and learn film making in school. You are as arrogant as you are ignorant. What I was expecting is like:
Camera - Nx - Ny per hour and so on. if you don't know the answer then fvck off my post.

Calm down small I beg. Your question is a difficult question to answer. No one can tell you how much it will cost to shoot your film until you have your script all broken down for production; that is why you need to get a producer onboard. Equipment rentals should be the easiest thing you can find out (depends where you live).

Some people here have already mentioned things like "It depends on your script."... and so on. RedCliff has a very valid point about you 'learning' some things first. Knowing the cost of 'XYZ camera' will make absolutely no difference at this point in time. There are other things you have to figure out first. Good luck with your project.
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by VillageBoi(m): 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2013
Oh and remember YOU asked the question. People can and will give you any sort of answer they wish. Don't get annoyed about it. Obviously you're just starting out so if RedCliff were an investor you've just told him to f**k off - don't burn bridges before you have even built them.

Back to your initial post. You say you want to make a 'low budget' film. That should mean you 'already' have a certain budget in mind.
A) You need to have/write a script that fits within that budget.
B) You need to figure out how to get things for that budget.

Take a step back and put some serious thought into it.
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by thelonestranger: 8:28am On Jan 28, 2013
VillageBoi: Oh and remember YOU asked the question. People can and will give you any sort of answer they wish. Don't get annoyed about it. Obviously you're just starting out so if RedCliff were an investor you've just told him to f**k off - don't burn bridges before you have even built them.

Back to your initial post. You say you want to make a 'low budget' film. That should mean you 'already' have a certain budget in mind.
A) You need to have/write a script that fits within that budget.
B) You need to figure out how to get things for that budget.

Take a step back and put some serious thought into it.

You are really as bad as your friend or even worse.Actually the real enemies of creativity are people like you and your friend who think there is only one way to do anything - and in this case a film. You have not even bothered to ask what kind of film I have in mind and have been obsessed with your "knowledgeable" rant which has so far been of academic value. why would I think of doing a film if I didn't already have a script? Why would I be thinking low budget if my aim was to go looking for finance? And by the way why would I court finance from an arrogant p.rick whose very first impression about my project is that I don't know what I am doing?
Let me make my question simpler by drawing a parallel example:
I want to buy some foodstuff in Lagos and I am creating a budget for the month. How much can I expect to pay for garri per mugu (or whatever it is called)
Do you now understand ?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by VillageBoi(m): 9:43am On Jan 28, 2013
thelonestranger:

You are really as bad as your friend or even worse.Actually the real enemies of creativity are people like you and your friend who think there is only one way to do anything - and in this case a film. You have not even bothered to ask what kind of film I have in mind and have been obsessed with your "knowledgeable" rant which has so far been of academic value. why would I think of doing a film if I didn't already have a script? Why would I be thinking low budget if my aim was to go looking for finance? And by the way why would I court finance from an arrogant p.rick whose very first impression about my project is that I don't know what I am doing?
Let me make my question simpler by drawing a parallel example:
I want to buy some foodstuff in Lagos and I am creating a budget for the month. How much can I expect to pay for garri per mugu (or whatever it is called)
Do you now understand ?

Mainly responding to the bolded bits. It is now my understanding that you do NOT understand English in its simplest of forms and with that in mind, again, good luck with your project we will all absolutely hate to see it. I could break down and respond to the whole post but duh... you wouldn't get it!!
Mr man chillax, no need to be throwing 3rd grade insults anyhow, I get bad mouth pass you.
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by thelonestranger: 10:01am On Jan 28, 2013
VillageBoi:

Mainly responding to the bolded bits. It is now my understanding that you do NOT understand English in its simplest of forms and with that in mind, again, good luck with your project we will all absolutely hate to see it. I could break down and respond to the whole post but Duh!!
Mr man chillax, no need to be throwing 3rd grade insults anyhow, I get bad mouth pass you.

"...we will all absolutely hate to see it". Who are you, and what makes you the ultimate judge for film that the entire world will love ? Your arrogance is infuriating. Get beveled.
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by VillageBoi(m): 10:42am On Jan 28, 2013
thelonestranger:

"...we will all absolutely hate to see it". Who are you, and what makes you the ultimate judge for film that the entire world will love ? Your arrogance is infuriating. Get beveled.

Hahaha like you I am also allowed to say anything I want. See how you've been blowing your top over a thread, what will you do when you get on set with real pressure? Self destruct? Flog people? What will you do when, actually, 'if' your home-video comes out and people yab you? Oh that will be mass murder? Dude your stupidity is just hilarious! And what in the world is "Get beveled"? Chuckle, giggle, groan!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by chinosxl(m): 5:19pm On Jan 28, 2013
ENOUGH, ENOUGH, AND ENOUGH. Now lets get the camera equipments out of the way,

Op, pm me lets discuss business or contact my boys for all your camera equipments.

DSLR RIG WITH MATTE BOX
MONITORS
NTG RODE SHOTGUN MIC
LOCATION/FIELD MIXER
CLAPPER BOARD
BOOM POLE
RED HEAD LIGHTS
KINO FLOW LIGHTS
TRIPODS, TRIPOD DOLLIES

ALL EQUIPMENTS ARE CURRENTLY IN P/H THOUGH RELOCATING TO ASABA

OUR CAMERA MEN ARE FLEXIBLE AND CAN TRAVEL TO WHEREEVER EQUIPMENTS ARE NEEDED, P/H, LAGOS, ENUGU, BAYELSA, ASABA, GHANA, SOUTH AFRICA ETC. GIVE US A CALL IKE (MANAGER) 07062161101, CAMERA MEN 08054834390, 08035439982.

Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by thelonestranger: 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
chinosxl: ENOUGH, ENOUGH, AND ENOUGH. Now lets get the camera equipments out of the way,

Op, pm me lets discuss business or contact my boys for all your camera equipments.

DSLR RIG WITH MATTE BOX
MONITORS
NTG RODE SHOTGUN MIC
LOCATION/FIELD MIXER
CLAPPER BOARD
BOOM POLE
RED HEAD LIGHTS
KINO FLOW LIGHTS
TRIPODS, TRIPOD DOLLIES

ALL EQUIPMENTS ARE CURRENTLY IN P/H THOUGH RELOCATING TO ASABA

Thank you for a more useful post. You ask some other people the price of tomatoes and they tell you to go learn farming in Harvard university ,boasting about how that experience has messed up their brains
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by thelonestranger: 10:57pm On Jan 30, 2013
Bill Jones: how long is a piece of string?

it depends on a lot of factors.

why not start off the cheap way and just youtube it and earn some money that way, then when you have enough you can go on to the more expensive stuff.

if you want to learn about earning money from youtube then you pm me.

Idi..ot. I could run rings around you for weeks on youtube.
Re: I Want To Make My Own Film. How Much ? by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 04, 2013
camera and crew
editing
packaging
etc etc

Thanks
contact me on simplyoge@yahoo.com , I produce so I can be of help

(1) (Reply)

Ekubo Family Wins Maltina Dance Hall Season 5 Competition / How To Recharge Ctl With Recharge Cards(plz Help) / LATEST MOVIE : Somewhere In The Dark – Latest Nollywood Premium Movie Drama 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.