Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Lost - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lost (598 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost by kchaste(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
the fact that I that I don't understand my language most times makes me feel lost. no thanks to my dad.
can't boldly tell people that am Yoruba cos I know I can't speak in yoruba. what a shame.
can some one help me with how to go about learning how to speak cos no body around me is ready to teach me and I don't want my children to end up without identity.
hope to learn from you guys.
Re: Lost by ifyalways(f): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2013
Are there no native Yoruba speakers where you are?

The best way to learn a language is by mixing with native speakers.
Re: Lost by Tolexander: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
kchaste: the fact that I that I don't understand my language most times makes me feel lost. no thanks to my dad.
can't boldly tell people that am Yoruba cos I know I can't speak in yoruba. what a shame.
can some one help me with how to go about learning how to speak cos no body around me is ready to teach me and I don't want my children to end up without identity.
hope to learn from you guys.
to start with. Where exactly do you stay, the cultural/tribal make up of your environment?
Re: Lost by StarFlux: 3:19am On Jan 23, 2013
You're not lost.

Buy books, ask people for help and you will eventually learn.
Remember to expose yourself to the language and engage in challenging conversations as often as possible. Listen to everything that's being said, and how it's being said.

(1) (Reply)

Tour Of The So-Called "Culture Section" / Self-rightousness And Yoruba People / France Returns Stolen Artifacts To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.