Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. (3913 Views)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Malta Visa Requirements Needed / Visa Requirements For Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
I have been invited to Canada by a regulatory board to take an exam. I have an invitation letter addressed to the visa office. I couldn't find a comprehensive list of requirements needed along with the application form, I was going to ask a friend to go to the visa office in Lagos and make enquiries but I decided to get information from very knowledgeable fellows here on Nairaland who have gone through the process. I need a list and how to obtain these documents too.
I try to find information on travelling to Canada thread but most of the infos are related to study visa. what I seek is a TRV visitor visa.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 12:00am On Jan 24, 2013
Well, it seems no one's got a clue. undecided undecided I'll figure out another way to get information I need.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by ifegy: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
Em, the visa office in Lagos is probably your best bet, actually...
Bear in mind that sometimes regulatory bodies make arrangements for people to take such exams under supervision at the High Commission/embassy of the examining body's country, in the examinee's home country (in this case you'd take it at the Canadian High commission), or some other exam centre in the home country. You might want to check that option with the regulatory body, in case the High Commission here asks you about that.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 6:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
Thank you Ifegy for your response. However, I have been notified of the venue (in Vancouver) and I have also made payment. I would have been much happier if I had the option of taking the exam here in Nigeria. It will save me money for flight and accommodation angry
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by ifegy: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
Dextra: Thank you Ifegy for your response. However, I have been notified of the venue (in Vancouver) and I have also made payment. I would have been much happier if I had the option of taking the exam here in Nigeria. It will save me money for flight and accommodation angry

Well, you could try contacting the exam body, explaining your situation and asking if they can make alternate arrangements for you. Might also be worth mentioning to them that it can take a very long time to process Canadian visas from Lagos, so who knows if you'll get it done in time for making it to the exam?
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
Can the Visa be processed in Abuja? How long does it take?
If you have experience on these things would you mind breaking it down for me?
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by ifegy: 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
Dextra: Can the Visa be processed in Abuja? How long does it take?
If you have experience on these things would you mind breaking it down for me?

Well, based on the Canadian Govt's immigration website, visitor visa processing is done at the Lagos office and there is a processing time of 89 days. This is the email address for the Lagos high commission: lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
And this seems to be a website: http://www.vfsglobal.com/canada/nigeria/
I would suggest calling/emailing the high commission or checking their website, for more info on their application procedures and processes.
I don't have experience with processing visas through them. I just happened to recall a similar scenario where someone I knew was taking an exam at a consulate, when I read your post.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
I've gotten almost all the information I needed on that site. Thanks. Do you think the money I have is enough?
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by ifegy: 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2013
Dextra: I've gotten almost all the information I needed on that site. Thanks. Do you think the money I have is enough?

Well, I don't know what amount of money they would consider enough, but I think your focus should be demonstrating that you have a source of income, and/or can fund your trip (assuming you're a student and not working). So you might want to consider things like pay slips, or evidence of sponsorship if someone else is funding your trip. As well, bear in mind that if it seems the trip is going to essentially use up all your resources and leave you destitute, the visa officer might wonder what the real purpose is. I mean, if you have nothing to come back to, why would you come back? You generally do need to demonstrate strong ties to your home country (eg assets, property, etc) in order to be granted a temporary visa to another country.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
I have a job to come back to, I intend to get a notice of annual leave from my employer and also present my payslips.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by ifegy: 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Dextra: I have a job to come back to, I intend to get a notice of annual leave from my employer and also present my payslips.

Well, then I guess the best thing to do is make sure you have all the items required in the application form. How about you draw up a list of the documents you intend to submit and put them out on this and the Travel to Canada thread for people to critique?
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
The Travel to Canada thread is full of Student Visa applicants and topic, no one will listen or reply your question if it's not about study permit! angry Maybe we can have a new thread strictly for Temporary Resident Visa.
I intend to submit my application first week of March and will update a thread on the process.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by ifegy: 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
All the best, then...
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2013
Thank you.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by surecan: 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Dextra,your name sound like a medical professional,could you be able to break down the type of professional exam that you are going for,duration of the exam,you cant take this exam in Nigeria other than Canada,when you are able to tell us all this,i will advice you o what to do and your are good with that amount in the Bank but i will like to know your job security
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2013
Like I have said earlier, I have been contacted directly by the institution involved and given a venue in Vancouver, I have an official letter addressed to the Visa Officials here in Nigeria; all I need is a TRV for 1 to 2 weeks stay as I have to return to my Job. Yes, I have job security. I don't need help with the Exam but little piece of advice from people who have gone through the TRV process before so that I don't make mistake. Thank you. I appreciate your response.
Someone told me I need to have up to 20 million Naira in my account, and I was like "WTF?!!!" I'd rather go on vacation with such amount! shocked

Secondly, on the list of required documents I didn't see anything like police report or medical report. Do I need to submit a police report with my application?
Then, I noted another place where it said I can submit a provisional flight booking. Is it wise to book a flight when you don't have a Visa yet? Sounds dumb to me undecided
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by surecan: 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
it seems you didnt understand my question,or you decided not to answer it, nevertheless,there is no specific amount needed for TRV for purpose of visitor visa application.Police clearance is not part of the requirement but is not bad if you put it,you can make online booking without payment and hotel reservation close to the area of the exam or you provide evidence of accommodation. 1.5M or 2M is okey for the application.The most important thing is to convince them that you are coming back after the exam and make sure you apply the visa on time.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by vanessara: 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
Bank Draft
Statement of accounts
Letter from employer
Anything that shows you have strong ties to Naija(Shares,wedding certificate,ongoing course,landed properties etc
Letter of recommendation from Church or high court judge
Letter from the institution inviting you
Ticket Reservation that abt #4,000
Hotel reservation

When I remember more will let you know, all the best
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 11:18am On Jan 29, 2013
vanessa_ra: Bank Draft
Statement of accounts
Letter from employer
Anything that shows you have strong ties to Naija(Shares,wedding certificate,ongoing course,landed properties etc
Letter of recommendation from Church or high court judge
Letter from the institution inviting you
Ticket Reservation that abt #4,000
Hotel reservation

When I remember more will let you know, all the best
Thank you so much Vanessa.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2013
I got the VISA.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by dasparrow: 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dextra: I got the VISA.

Congrats and good luck in your exam.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by henrychubayo: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2013
Dextra: I got the VISA.

How did u apply? How long did it take you? What documents did your put thru?
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
It's a paper application. Duration was exactly 1 month. I submitted everything listed on the website.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by kasman2007(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
Please I need to ask if canada visa embassy in Lagos call Applicant for Interview?
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
kasman2007: Please I need to ask if canada visa embassy in Lagos call Applicant for Interview?
I was never called for interview and I don't know if they do. I just applied, after 1 month I went to pick it up.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by Dextra(f): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
dasparrow:

Congrats and good luck in your exam.
Thank you. I'll keep you updated.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by omobabe1(m): 4:21am On Dec 10, 2013
congrat sist,pls kindly tell us how much was in ur Bank account wen you applied,or you may list all document submited,this will help others who want to apply thanks.
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by kasman2007(m): 4:47am On Dec 10, 2013
I was Called to come for Interview by next week and would like to know if anyone here have the Idea of question they might Interview me on?
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by omobabe1(m): 5:15am On Dec 10, 2013
[quote
author=kasman2007]I was Called to come for Interview by next week and
would like to know if anyone here have the Idea of question they might
Interview me on?[/quote] pls can you state the documents you submited?co a friend is abt to apply and need help in the area of Bank statement as in the minimum balance and tax clearance
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by omobabe1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2013
still waiting
Re: I Need Help With Temporary Resident Visa Requirements. by ifegy: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
omo babe: still waiting

Try asking here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5

(1) (Reply)

Seeking Asylum In The State. / “I Don Commot My Hand For Anything Wey Concern Nigeria” – Man Said As He Departs / Bangladesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.