Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Where Is Obama's Wife? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Obama's Wife? (969 Views)

Did Arab Country Also Force Obama Wife To Cover Her Hair / Paris Terror Attacks Is Obama And Nato's Handwork / Why Is Obama Visiting Ghana Before Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Obama's Wife? by feelgood(m): 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2008
Nobody it seems, wants to know about Obama's wife - or is she not involved in her hubby's campaign the way Bill is about his wife's.
Why dont we see her pictures gracing the campaign trail beside her husband - or is she being carefully sidelined in order not to disenfranchise the predominant white voters especially as she's 'pure' black. Just wondering - WHERE IS MRS OBAMA?
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by JayFK(m): 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2008
When Bush and Al gore were running, no one wanted to know about their wives. People want to know about the candidates not about their family members, nothing racial there. Hilary Clinton is a politician who married a politician so there you go
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by feelgood(m): 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2008
Thanks jayfk. Quite logical - so GO OBAMA!
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by BigB11(m): 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2008
@poster:
Where have you been?
Obama's wife is pretty much busy campaigning for her husband. You know, not everybody is loud like Nigerian wives, some wives prefer to get the job done silently.
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by feelgood(m): 7:24am On Mar 04, 2008
My ignorance big b1, my ignorance.
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by micklplus(m): 10:50am On Mar 04, 2008
feelgood, good spirit u displayed.
I like your spirit.
cheers
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by BigB11(m): 3:48pm On Mar 04, 2008
There is nothing better than having a reliable professional HYPE-MAN
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by Mamajama(m): 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2008
Obamas wife Micheal is busy raising their two daughter at home while the husband takes to the road.

She is well educated and a loving mother
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2008
im looking forward to a thread dedicated to obama's children.
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by TayoD1(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2008
@topic,

I actually took a liken to Obama when I listened to his wife. I watch her speak I think, on C-SPAN a while back and I must say, she is just as articulate and smart as her husband. The impression I got was if the wife is this good, I'd like to listen to her husband.

Nonetheless, my liken for them has not translated to support. I find it hard to pick one of the 3 stooges, though I am tending more to McCain because the conservative agenda stands a better chance of getting done if he is elected.
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by 4Play(m): 6:43pm On Mar 04, 2008
Obama's wife might prove an albatross particularly in the light of some of her recent comments about being proud of America "for the first time in her adult life."It gave the impression of a woman with a shocking sense of entitlement who only felt proud of her country because her husband was on the brink of political power
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by jesusfreak(f): 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2008
HERE'S MICHELLE OBAMA

In May 2007, three months after Barack’s declaration of his candidacy, she reduced her professional responsibilities by 80% to support her husband’s presidential campaign.[4] Early in the campaign, she had limited involvement in which she traveled to political events only two days a week and stayed away from home nights only if their daughters could come along. In early February 2008, she attended thirty-three events in eight days.Obama has made at least two campaign appearances with Oprah Winfrey.

Michelle Obama speaking at a campaign event in Plymouth, New Hampshire, January 6, 2008In 2007, Obama gave political stump speeches for her husband's presidential campaign at various locations in the United States. Jennifer Hunter of the Chicago Sun-Times wrote about one speech of hers in Iowa, "Michelle was a firebrand, expressing a determined passion for her husband's campaign, talking straight from the heart with eloquence and intelligence."She employs an all-female staff of aides for her political role. He says that she negotiated an agreement in which her husband gave up smoking in exchange for her support as a Presidential aspirant.This is her first election year on the national political scene and even before the field of Democratic candidates was narrowed to two she was considered the least famous of the candidates' spouses.[26] Early in the campaign, she exhibited her sarcasm and told anecdotes about the Obama family life. However, as the press began to emphasize her sarcasm, which did not translate well in the print media, she has toned it down.[25][20] In a press account of her sarcasm, New York Times op-ed columnist Maureen Dowd said: “I wince a bit when Michelle Obama chides her husband as a mere mortal — comic routine that rests on the presumption that we see him as a god,. . .But it may not be smart politics to mock him in a way that turns him from the glam J.F.K. into the mundane Gerald Ford, toasting his own English muffins. If all Senator Obama is peddling is the Camelot mystique, why debunk this mystique?”[26][27]

Asked in February 2008 whether she would support Hillary Clinton if she got the nomination, Michelle said "I'd have to think about that. I'd have to think about policies, her approach, her tone." When questioned about this by the interviewer, however, she stated "You know, everyone in this party is going to work hard for whoever the nominee is."[28]

Despite her criticisms of Clinton during the 2008 campaign, when asked in 2004 which political spouse she admired, Obama cited Hillary Clinton, stating, "She is smart and gracious and everything she appears to be in public-someone who's managed to raise what appears to be a solid, grounded child." [29]

On February 18, 2008, Obama commented that "People in this country are ready for change, and hungry for a different kind of politics and let me tell you something, for the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback." Several commentators criticized her for these remarks [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] and the campaign soon issued a statement that "anyone who heard her remarks, would understand that she was commenting on our politics," not on America itself
Re: Where Is Obama's Wife? by buchio7(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2008
4 Play:

Obama's wife might prove an albatross particularly in the light of some of her recent comments about being proud of America "for the first time in her adult life."It gave the impression of a woman with a shocking sense of entitlement who only felt proud of her country because her husband was on the brink of political power

on the contrary she has been everything asides an albatross to the mans campaign . Her intellect and passion for her hubbys campaign has resulted in a lot of support.

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The "giant Of Africa" Could Not Diagnose Gani's Cancer / Ekwueme’s, Ojukwu’s Supremacy Battle Deepens / Turai Yaradua’s Consummate Power Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.