Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Christianity Is Not A Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Not A Religion. (995 Views)

i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / Atheism Is A Religion / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Namiad(m): 11:22am On Jan 23, 2013
A lot of people still live under religion and they think that they are christians.
Christianity is not a religion.it is divinity at work in humanity.it is Life.shedding more light on that,a christian is someone that is BORN AGAIN.
What does it mean to be born again?
To be Born again is to confes d lordship of Jesus over your life and believe that God raised Him from the dead.it is religion if u go to church every sunday thinking u are a christian.
In christianity,u receive the life(righteousness) of God when u get born again and that causes you to live right.you become Righteous and live right.Religion thinks u live right and become righteousness.
NO!otherwise u wont have needed Jesus.
In christianity,when you pray u receive answers because 'you are a partaker of His divine nature'.you have an inheritance in Christ Jesus but the religious folks pray because is a tradition for them whether or not they receive answers.
I'll pause here to receivin your contributions on this post..
Pleae no foul talking!
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Good afternoon Namiad,

What exactly do you refer to as "religion"?
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Heatblast(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
shocked the other day, my muslim friend was trying to convince me that islam isn't a religion too undecided
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Christianity is a religion.

angry angry angry

re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
Details of belief as taught or discussed
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by akagaba(f): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
U ar 100% correct my dear. God bles u 4ths revelation. 90% of christians ar ignorant abt ths, and thats why they make mistakes in their christian race. Christianity is d life of Christ at work in d human person and is NEVER a religion. Thanks bro. I like ths thread.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Namiad(m): 11:05am On Jan 24, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon Namiad,

What exactly do you refer to as "religion"?
religion is tradition.the natural man tries to know God in a lot of thingss,ways and character but has failed but christianity is LIFE..d very life of God u have is at work in you.d bible says 'His spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the SONS OF GOD.it would take me a whole week to explain that.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Namiad(m): 11:08am On Jan 24, 2013
Logicboy03: Christianity is a religion.

angry angry angry

re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
Details of belief as taught or discussed
that is sensed knowledge..when u get born again,u find out is not a religion.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Namiad(m): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2013
Heatblast: shocked the other day, my muslim friend was trying to convince me that islam isn't a religion too undecided
can he live like God?..that is what Chritianity is
a life free frm sickness,defeat,failure,lack,suffering..when u have that life you become INDESTRUCTIBLE,IMPREGNABLE,UNSUMMOUNTABLE...
In ur life satan is not a factor...get born again andd become a christian;that is,if u are not born again
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
Good evening Namiad,

Sorry for responding to this a bit late. I guess its better late than never.

Your definition of 'religion':

Namiad:
religion is tradition.

is quite interesting. Though it tells us a bit about an aspect of religion but it does not really define exactly what it is. Below are some plausible definitions for the word 'religion':

1) Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regraded as creator and governor of the Universe.

2) A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

3) The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

4) A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

5) A cause, a principle, or an activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Ref: microsoft bookshelf 2000

If for no other reason at the minimum the definitions in bold fit into what we do as Christians. If a Christian proclaims God as creator of heaven and Earth and indeed the universe as well as show reverence to God then that individual is into religion by the first definition.

I really am struggling to understand the reason why some of us Christians deny the fact that Christianity is a religion. Would it make us less holy if we admit it? Or would it be tantamount to a rejection of Christ?

I agree totally with you when you said:

Namiad:
the natural man tries to know God in a lot of thingss,ways and character but has failed but christianity is LIFE..d very life of God u have is at work in you.d bible says 'His spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the SONS OF GOD.it would take me a whole week to explain that.

Christianity should be lived! Christianity should be seen in our every day lives. The fact that we are expected to live out our Christianity does not in any way imply that Christianity is not a religion.

Thank you!
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Lovethywilbedon: 5:34am On Jan 25, 2013
striktlymi: Good evening Namiad,

Sorry for responding to this a bit late. I guess its better late than never.

Your definition of 'religion':

is quite interesting. Though it tells us a bit about an aspect of religion but it does not really define exactly what it is. Below are some plausible definitions for the word 'religion':

1) Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regraded as creator and governor of the Universe.

2) A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

3) The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

4) A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

5) A cause, a principle, or an activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Ref: microsoft bookshelf 2000

If for no other reason at the minimum the definitions in bold fit into what we do as Christians. If a Christian proclaims God as creator of heaven and Earth and indeed the universe as well as show reverence to God then that individual is into religion by the first definition.

I really am struggling to understand the reason why some of us Christians deny the fact that Christianity is a religion. Would it make us less holy if we admit it? Or would it be tantamount to a rejection of Christ?

I agree totally with you when you said:

Christianity should be lived! Christianity should be seen in our every day lives. The fact that we are expected to live out our Christianity does not in any way imply that Christianity is not a religion.

Thank you!
Don't mind these people who try to imitate the Moslems by telling us that Christianity is not a Religion but "A Way of Life". Since the word CHRISTIANITY is an English word, they should first check its Dictionary meaning before coming to Nairaland to Creat Multiple Threads.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Andybaby: 8:53am On Jan 25, 2013
most of my prayers is for others (intercession). i receive things from God I never asked for. God has been faithful to me.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Namiad(m): 9:37am On Jan 26, 2013
Lovethywilbedon: Don't mind these people who try to imitate the Moslems by telling us that Christianity is not a Religion but "A Way of Life". Since the word CHRISTIANITY is an English word, they should first check its Dictionary meaning before coming to Nairaland to Creat Multiple Threads.
the question is this..
Those defintions are correct but i was tryna give a clearer picture of what religion is.by sayin it is 'a tradition'...in christianity,wen u receive the life of God..u dnt jst believe in him..He becomes REAL to u;that is to say,u dnt believe & worship in a God that is or 'they said' he is somewhere lookin after his children.
Remember,if u are not born again,u ar not a christian..but yet jesus hav died for all men.emphatically YES!
But it becomes real to u,when u talk proclaim salvation in ROM10;9..
That is not and cant be religion..jesus didnt come to establish a religion.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2013
Namiad:
the question is this..
Those defintions are correct but i was tryna give a clearer picture of what religion is.by sayin it is 'a tradition'...in christianity,wen u receive the life of God..u dnt jst believe in him..He becomes REAL to u;that is to say,u dnt believe & worship in a God that is or 'they said' he is somewhere lookin after his children.
Remember,if u are not born again,u ar not a christian..but yet jesus hav died for all men.emphatically YES!
But it becomes real to u,when u talk proclaim salvation in ROM10;9..
That is not and cant be religion..jesus didnt come to establish a religion.

Sorry sir but Christianity is a religion! The above is correct except your conclusion!

Note also that Christianity has its own traditions.

(1) (Reply)

The Unknown Creator / Tomorrow: FINDING INNER PEACE THROUGH CLOSENESS TO GOD / Humans Are Not Supposed To Walk Standing!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.