Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? (711 Views)

Ad Afri, Who Knows These Guys? / Bulk SMS: These Guys Are The Real Deal! / Check Out These Guys, They Know What They Are Talking About In The Office Automation Arena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? by my2cents(m): 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2008
So, here I am doing what I do first thing in the morning (GMT - 6 hours), reading up on Naija news via its many newspaper sites. I stumble upon a news article about Delta State's newspaper, Daily Pointer, still being in circulation contrary to popular belief. So I decide to google for the newspaper to see if it has a website and find this:

http://www.deltastate.gov.ng/pointer.htm

Fair enough. Lack of layout aside, at least they are keeping the reading public informed. So then I say to myself, "let me see what the Delta State Government Website looks like" and so I then proceed to strip out the "pointer.htm" part so as to get to the index page and find this (you will have to click to see for yourselves):

http://www.deltastate.gov.ng/

Questions - If the home page isn't up and running, how do they expect people to dig further to find information such as the pointer story above? In other words, are people to google for information on the site and hope that it shows up in the results? How can a body (as in pointer.htm) function without its head (index.htm)? Or is this the latest trend in Nigerian web development? What exactly does, "We are currently going through a phase." mean? Will they be going through such a "phase" again in the future?

Make una help me answer these pertinent questions biko. Ok, make I go baff. I will check back for answers in a couple of hours. And please, to those with bad belle, no ad hominem attacks. This is 2008. I am not professing to be the best "webmaster". Let's focus on the issues and not the person cool
Re: Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? by tundewoods(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2008
[size=24pt][center]We are currently going through a phase.

Will be back as soon as possible.

Thank you.
[/center][/size]
Re: Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? by Gboy4ril1(m): 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2008
Big Bros,

my2cents

I believe the Delta state government have awarded that contract to some dubious politician.

come to think of it, an average Nigeria web designer can handle that kind of project and it will look nice.

It's God that will Judge our so call leaders.
Re: Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? by Afam(m): 1:51pm On Mar 04, 2008
my2cents:

Make una help me answer these pertinent questions biko. Ok, make I go baff. I will check back for answers in a couple of hours. And please, to those with bad belle, no ad hominem attacks. This is 2008. I am not professing to be the best "webmaster". Let's focus on the issues and not the person cool

This is the type of hypocrisy that drives one crazy. You veer off and refer to some people as those with bad belle and at the same time talking about focusing on issues and not the person.

Guy, try to be either cold or warm not lukewarm please.

How many people have accused you of professing to be the best "webmaster"? It is either there is something wrong with them or with you. Good luck.
Re: Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? by my2cents(m): 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2008
Afam,

It has happened many, many times. The last time it happened was with the PHCN website comments I made. So I decided to be pre-emptive and whisk such people away. It seems everytime I post topics such as this, the standard response has been, "my2cents, I have been through your sites and they are no better". In other words, they veer off course and before you know, a post that was meant to educate, turns into a something very derogatory. I don't see where this is a hot/cold/lukewarm issue.

I am just trying to set the tone for the posts. Hopefully by stating this upfront, people know I mean business with this and those guys who are only on here to get their 15 minutes of fame by finding some bone to pick with people will steer clear.

So in conclusion, it is more of a pre-emptive move. Hopefully, posters will adhere.

Thanks,
Re: Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? by Afam(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
I am not a mind reader and responded to your comments the way you made them.

Make your points on any issue and move on.

When any attacks you respond accordingly.

Bottom line, trash issues as they come and there won't be any room for any misunderstanding.
Re: Delta SG website - What Are These Guys Thinking? by tundewoods(m): 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2008
grin undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Need Some Help! / Startupsnigeria - Tru Spot! / Urgent Vacancy For Website Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.