Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me (2220 Views)

Computer Science Student Pls. Help Me 2 Solve Dis. / Futo Student Pls Where Do I Buy The P/ume Form In Enugu / Atswa Student Pls-ats 3 Sept Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by OK1(m): 11:45am On Jan 24, 2013
I am a 22year old. I am curently studying QUANTITY SURVEYING at the FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA...
In 2011, i applied to study CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, was offered the course but could not go on with registratn since i had a deficiency in my 'O Level' CHEMISTRY which i was hoping i would remedy in my waec externals (which i took earlier that yr). Unfortunately the release date of the external results came after my new school had closed registratn 4 new students(when it eventualy came i cleard it all)...in other not 2 lose out on the admissn, i had changed course from CHEMICAL ENGINEERING to QUANTITY SURVEYING (which didnt require chemistry)...i actually tot i would be able to switch over to 100L CHEMICAL ENGINEERING after my 1st year...my HOD refusd letting me go as i am one of the best student in the departmnt...now am in 200L and am planning to take this year JAMB...yet again am scared at the thought of the age i wil graduate. PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, I NEED UR CANDID ADVICE

Re: Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by outrage: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2013
Watin you want make we say now? Heh?
Engineering no be beans, you couldn't make chem on your first try at O levels and you want to futher in chem. I know hard work can make thing possible but you fit change there and you wouldn't make nearly as good grades as u made at QS. Sure you can read and work hard, but you don't know what the lectures can do.

About age, if you stick with QS I don't know how many years it is there but you should grad roughly at 25 that's not so bad you can fall within age reqirments of some employers, but if you go back to chem na till 28 be that o!

Lastly, why do you want to study chem so bad?
Re: Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by OK1(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2013
@outrage, i appreciate ur coment...truth is i've always wanted 2 study chemical engnr'g. No doubt in my mind if i can cope in engineering or not -i knw i will...But the questn now is, is it worth it goin back to 100level engineering? Whn my mates would be in 300L Q.S
one of my fear is "how much job opportunitiest are there for a QUANTITY SURVEYOR
thnks once more @outrage...more opinions pls
Re: Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by mayorall(m): 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
Its not the time that you will graduate that matters but what your dream is...my broda stated pre-degree at the age of 23 years now going for NYSC by february...boss I will advice you pursue your dreams.......

1 Like

Re: Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by osram(m): 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
OK1: I am a 22year old. I am curently studying QUANTITY SURVEYING at the FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA...
In 2011, i applied to study CHEMICAL ENGINEERING, was offered the course but could not go on with registratn since i had a deficiency in my 'O Level' CHEMISTRY which i was hoping i would remedy in my waec externals (which i took earlier that yr). Unfortunately the release date of the external results came after my new school had closed registratn 4 new students(when it eventualy came i cleard it all)...in other not 2 lose out on the admissn, i had changed course from CHEMICAL ENGINEERING to QUANTITY SURVEYING (which didnt require chemistry)...i actually tot i would be able to switch over to 100L CHEMICAL ENGINEERING after my 1st year...my HOD refusd letting me go as i am one of the best student in the departmnt...now am in 200L and am planning to take this year JAMB...yet again am scared at the thought of the age i wil graduate. PLEASE NAIRALANDERS, I NEED UR CANDID ADVICE
guy i also av d dream of studyn chemical engineering....do u knw any1 dt can hlp wit admisn runs at fut minna?pls drop ur 2go or facebook i.d leme add u
Re: Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
At times what we want is not what God wants. For me I will advice you remain where you are. May be you want to be called an engineer or in your family you want people to always say yes there is an engineer here etc.

There was this my friend then who wanted to study medicine but she couldn't get it because of jamb and she went for biology(education option). Right now she is married with 3 kids and a lecturer and also the dept she never wanted was what brought her dream husband to her.

You don't know the plans of God for you there. Also when we were in Year 2 one of our course mates pulled out to law and he graduated from law school 2yrs ago and is now a lawyer while many of us has gone far and some with children already but he is enjoying it now as he is happy managing properties of people.

Its a 2 sided decision but for God to make it that you will get the admission and the waec didn't come out until after admission has closed and also making your H.O.D not to agree to release you please relax and enjoy quantity surveying as its a very very lovely course.
Re: Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by OK1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
Thanks @ you all who hv comented...i really appreciate all ur advice #God bless us all
Re: Confusions Of A 200level Student..pls Advice Me by omokugbor4real: 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
Guy, infact I love those comments. You just have to embrace that QS very well and I bet you will do well.
Let me give u an example, a coursemate of my brother in uniben put in for med and was given anatomy, he did pretty well in 100l (he had one of the best result then) but pulled out and put in for jamb wen his mate were going to 200l.. I must tell you now that is mate are now in there finals and he is still at home fighting with jamb question. I pray God will grant him favour for this coming admission.
Pls my guy, be focused. I can see that urge for chem eng as a distraction.
If I may ask, how many years is QS in minna?

(1) (Reply)

2013/2014 EXXON MOBIL Sholarship Application Is On. Click Here To Apply Now / UNN Female Student Dumps Aborted Baby In Dustbin [graphic Photos] / Ugently In Need Of IJMB Past Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.